Stuff you could NEVER get into

Zierro

I don't think he's going to be convinced any time soon lol. Harsh vocals seem to be something that people need to get "into" to some extent before they realize it's actually as legitimate a form of music as anything else really is. But it's obviously perfectly fine if you don't like it and you acknowledge that.

[hide]bDD0L.png[/hide]

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's going to be convinced any time soon lol. Harsh vocals seem to be something that people need to get "into" to some extent before they realize it's actually as legitimate a form of music as anything else really is. But it's obviously perfectly fine if you don't like it and you acknowledge that.

[hide]bDD0L.png[/hide]

I'm not trying to "convince" him. I can perfectly understand people don't like screaming. I'm not toing to post videos until he finds one he likes either. I just don't like it when someone says that screaming in general has no artistic merit, because that's just not true.

Got to agree with this. I didn't like harsh vocals until I heard some songs/albums that combined the two styles well. The Human Equation by Ayreon, for example, was a concept album that used harsh vocals to represent the main character's fear/anger.

Granted, I'm still not a huge fan of the style, but that's probably because I'm not looking hard enough. The last few metal fans that I've met in person did prefer the "screaming angsty words into a mic" style that everyone hates.

Everyone's clearly watching the wrong anime. :-P

Rurouni Kenshin is enough to convert anyone to anime.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Everyone's clearly watching the wrong anime. :-P

Rurouni Kenshin is enough to convert anyone to anime.

What really irks me is that when people hate anime, the only things they've really watched are DBZ, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Going to church.

It's a stretch to believe God and all he did in the Bible, and Jesus, but spending your free day going to Church?

Especially those conservative Catholics ones: "You're a sinner so give me your money."

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

What really irks me is that when people hate anime, the only things they've really watched are DBZ, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon

Or they justify it by listing the stereotypes... But that's something for the Annoy thread.

Though I haven't been able to get into anime, but that's more to do with being unable to find a (legal) source and being worried about finding yet another time sink.

Going to church.

It's a stretch to believe God and all he did in the Bible, and Jesus, but spending your free day going to Church?

Especially those conservative Catholics ones: "You're a sinner so give me your money."

Going to any religious organisation for any cause for any duration. I don't think atheistic groups count as religious organisations, so I wouldn't amend this post.

Mobile phones

Social networking

American music

Singing reality TV shows

ipods and other i___ products

Ecchi/moe/loli anime

Realistic FPS games and/or based on real events

Old movies

2480+ total

American music

Please elaborate. How can you not like a single American song? You hate everything from Johnny Cash to Metallica? Or are you talking about modern pop music?

Well I don't have any songs from American artists on my mp3 player. As for why I don't like it, well IDK I just don't :/

I actually like a few old songs like from Sinatra and such, but that's pretty much it.

2480+ total

American music

Please elaborate. How can you not like a single American song? You hate everything from Johnny Cash to Metallica? Or are you talking about modern pop music?

Well I don't have any songs from American artists on my mp3 player. As for why I don't like it, well IDK I just don't :/

I actually like a few old songs like from Sinatra and such, but that's pretty much it.

Do you actually know where most of the artists on your mp3 player are from? :unsure: I'd know it for like...1 out of 10 at most?

American music

Do you actually know where most of the artists on your mp3 player are from? :unsure: I'd know it for like...1 out of 10 at most?

Really? That's strange. I know pretty much where all the artists I listen to come from.

2480+ total

I know it for most of them (edit: where the artists come from), but it still baffles me you don't have a single song from an American artist on your iPod. What genre do you mostly listen to? It really seems like one of the most strangely specific yet broad things to dislike.

Haha I know. My friends think I'm pretty weird. My music teachers are confused/baffled that I don't listen to any American songs. I mostly listen to rock bands from the UK, Germany, Japan, and also Korean techno music. I love foreign music.

2480+ total

• 1 month later...

You are weird. First of all, it's football, not soccer.

Second of all, it is the easiest game there is: kick a ball into a goal, cannot play with hands. No need to know any other rules.

Thirdly, it is tremendous fun, even if you cannot play it whatsoever.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

You are weird. First of all, it's football, not soccer.

Second of all, it is the easiest game there is: kick a ball into a goal, cannot play with hands. No need to know any other rules.

Thirdly, it is tremendous fun, even if you cannot play it whatsoever.

In America, we sorta have to call it differently in order to prevent confusion with a sport of the same name. It's not really weirdness, but cultural difference. Personally, the fact it is very easy can be a turn off to many who want complexity.

OT: Ceremonies and formal events that involve dressing up in something expensive that you will only wear once in your life. It's too impractical for someone like me who prefers getting multiple uses out of something else.

If you're a guy you can use that same standard suit many times for all those similar occasions, as long as you don't gain too much weight. :unsure:

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Well, for me there is no option other than having a black suit, since I can't get anything else for my size for a reasonable price. So I am suited for life, I might say :D

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc