Stuff you could NEVER get into

Zierro

This topic is about all the hyped up things that you cannot like even if you tried to.

I can't get myself to like anime, rap, shoegaze, [any]core, baseball, Hollister, Halo, and World of Warcraft. Not in a million years. How about you TIFers?

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you, but I never try to get myself into anything. With music it's more like testing, I don't want to like a certain artist.

Things I avoid, however, include Twilight, Highschool Musical, anything by Apple (Except for Darwin, but I couldn't get it to work, and WebKit, but that's not really Apple's), stupid bands like the Spice Girls, and most freeware. (Because it's not open source, just underdeveloped "free" crap 99% of the time.)

C2b6gs7.png

Superhero Films - they're so formulaic, I don't need to watch them at times, I could guess the plot for most of them. There are few exceptions but for the most part they're just crap. There are far too many as well, almost every superhero under the sun has either been given a film or has one in the works - Hollywood needs to stop milking this crap.

I'm not into metal (or any of it's many derivatives either) - I just don't get it, most of the stuff I've heard is the musical equivalent of a migrane. That being said, I'm willing to admit that I haven't sampled much and that I might react better to the genre if I listen to better examples of it.

Anime/Manga - Ridiculous Japanese cartoons...I just don't get the appeal.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Reality telivision, any of the recent disney crap, 4chan

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

country, rap, myspace, apple products, american eagle, hollister, (dumb clothing stores etc.) reality tv (except iron chef america), anime, 4chan (never been there)

it.Anime/Manga - Ridiculous Japanese cartoons...I just don't get the appeal.

Oh god yes. Also (internet) memes, "House" and Eurovision. I refuse to believe anybody under the age of 40 watches the latter unironically and sober.

2009rb9.jpg

Twitter. I just don't get it.

This. Also can't get into myspace, though I do use facebook. Music wise, no rap; and then I don't like anime either. Also never could get into marijuana when everyone else did.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Twitter. I just don't get it.

That.

Plus Rap, Metal etc., reality TV of almost all varieties, myspace (facebook, I have, but only because my friends do), War games, Halo, WoW, most clothing labels, drugs...

Wow, that's a pretty big list...I expected much shorter. I doubt it's finished, but I'll leave it as is for now.

I never get into the 'meme crowd' that use memes instead of words to talk to eachother.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.