Stuff you could NEVER get into

Zierro

Anime - can't stand those giddy faces of the anime characters, with oversized glittery eyes and point sized mouths, suited up in ridiculous looking outfits. Oh did I mention they're almost always teenaged and set to "save the world".... sigh

Screamo/metal-core - Squealing like a pig (and failing at that, quite honestly), while looking like their own sister... lyrics that are supposed to tell a tale of sadness and hate, but seriously, you have to filter out the growling and other noise to hear them.... is what has just stamped a big FAIL-badge on each and every act this genre has to offer.

Reality TV - nothing but a waste of prime-time hours. It's probably ten times as worse in USA than it is in europe, but we still get fed a bucketload of reality soaps every damn year, and as time goes on, they start to repeat themselves. As a result, I don't watch much TV anymore.

Smoking cigarettes - just a bad habit for people with exhaustive jobs and social life, who can't find anything else that can put their mind at ease. 10 minutes later, they're still feeling down. 30 years later - bedstricken by cancer, probably dead soon.

Travelling abroad JUST to drink - WTF! Can't you just drink in a pub? Go see the world, visit attractions. Don't spend your time drinking cheap local beer in a park or something. You can do it at home just as well. And the drink tastes exactly the same after you're 5 bottles in already.

dontfearthereaper2.png

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get myself to like anime, rap, shoegaze, [any]core, baseball, Hollister, Halo, and World of Warcraft. Not in a million years. How about you TIFers?

Why is everyone hating on anime ?

Basically what Zierro said except without anime.

football. Loads and loads of chubby people play football.

Shut up !

:P

Also, if you're going into lazy sport, I nominate cricket. Even though I played it for a long time. I find it dreary compared to other sports. Also, who says netball for guys isn't fun ! Like basketball but less ... less ...

Baseball. God it's an awful sport, why did America pick it to represent... I don't even know. Throw ball. Miss ball. Throw ball. Hit ball. Run halfway around square. Thr-GOD CHANGE THE CHANNEL I HAVE TO WATCH SOCCER TO GET RID OF THE HELLISH IMAGES.

To be fair I could say that all soccer is is people sprinting around a field that is too large for 90 minutes and that there is no action except when a goal is scored which doesn't happen often because of the nature of the sport. If you want to get simplistic, you can describe any sport in that way.

But in those 90 minutes all 22 players of both teams are active. Whereas baseball, they stand and wait. Switch out so many friggen times, its just a joy ride compared to soccer. The only "feat" baseball players have is 1) how hard they hit a ball with wood. 2) Their sprinting ability for a few seconds. What other sport allows you to be fat? Some of those baseball players got bellies.

football. Loads and loads of chubby people play football.

And yet another dumb American sport.

Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Stop. Go.

It'll actually be fun to watch if they just played continuously.

and yet another conformist anti-American who really has no thoughts of his own, football wasn't ment to be played continuously they'd die. just watch basketball if what defines a sport as good is constant action, sheesh but imo it doesm't defines the sport as good since a good sport is an 'opinion.' so what sport is better then another is only the dumbest argument since, o wait, it is the dumbest argument

legends2.jpg

Hmm... Can't really think of anything to be honest.

Ah, wait, rugby. I just don't like it.

Anime is bashed in this thread ;__; Makes me tear up.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Sport, especially football -.- the idea of watching how ever many men on a team run round a big lawn surrounded by thousands of angry drunk people kicking a piece of cow skin between two white posts just doesn't appeal to me.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Yes, it doesn't matter how boring one's simplistic image (as that is the goal of the simplification), but how it holds up in comparison to the wholistic reality. Realistically, the level of strategy in a baseball game is seen only in the pitchers match against the batter, and even then it seems more like a game of rock paper scissors than actual strategy. Beyond that strategy and excitement seems to hit a minimum; batters try their best to make contact, and catchers and baseman try and make sure the ball gets to the base before the guy does. Everything's just too linear and slow.

With soccer, simplifying the play to "sprinting around", which mind you completely disregards the existence of a ball, and then "goals scored" seems a little bit more off than my former description, and that was just a joke (albeit a bad one). If you simplification is so simple that it's hard to tell if you're talking about hockey, lacrosse, or soccer, you've probably gone too far in the simplifying. Make the simplification hold up with reality more, and than a true comparison may be made.

No, I totally agree with you and I don't even dislike soccer. I was just making a point that anyone can make a crappy simplification if they want just to attempt to put another sport down. I don't particularly like baseball, but going to a ball park and watching a game with the family can be a really fun summer outing. On TV, though, it's horrendous.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Sport, especially football -.- the idea of watching how ever many men on a team run round a big lawn surrounded by thousands of angry drunk people kicking a piece of cow skin between two white posts just doesn't appeal to me.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine how dumb aliens would think we were if they came down here during a Superbowl. Oh my. :oops:

Drugs, Alchohol, Smoking, Rap, Metal, Any music from Disney, Anything from disney, Hentai :o, Arby 'n' Cheif seriously I have tryed many many times to watch this show but i just cant seem to like it, Texting, The Wii.

Sorry for a long list...I guess.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Yeah, I couldn't imagine how dumb aliens would think we were if they came down here.

Fixed. :)

I'm really picky with my foods, I can't get into foods that are like all mixed up. English brekkies, anything with sauces, pizza... loads of stuff.

I can't ever get into soaps too, they're just... hjdkfdsnf. >.<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

The book All the President's Men

It was kind of a dull movie. The book must have really blown.

Anime, scientology, hip-hop pop Rhianna [cabbage] music, many vegetarian dishes.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Pretty much all sports except tennis, and random obscure sports. I'm not sure why. It may be my subconscious rejection of mainstream interests, or my arbitrary love of certain activities, who knows?

Fashion is another thing I can not understand. Personally I buy all my clothes except underwear at the local salvation army store, and I fail to conceive why more people do not shop there. I was able to buy 8 very nice dress shirts for $28, and they do not look used. Fashion is a useless thing to waste time thinking about, what you wear does not matter. It is just meant to cover your body to fit in with human social norms.

This is going to sound weird, but I can not get into social interactions. There is so much stuff that is completely pointless contained within a single conversation, I just do not see the point in participating in it.

I realize I came off as pretentious and weird, but...meh

snowsigyy7.png

^^ I heard that dead people's clothes are donated to places like the Salvation Army and Goodwill. That's a good reason for not wanting to shop there. :-#

But to your point, I agree. Teenagers especially are too damn picky about what they wear.

^^ I heard that dead people's clothes are donated to places like the Salvation Army and Goodwill. That's a good reason for not wanting to shop there. :-#

But to your point, I agree. Teenagers especially are too damn picky about what they wear.

We don't have that problem here - uniforms in schools [unless they've changed the regulations :-k]. Except maybe some stoner-comprehensive schools.

I could never get into my old girlfriends pants.

Niether could I, I'm pretty sure she was 5'4 and I was like 5'9. I would have stretched them quiet a bit :XD:

Yet somehow I can fit in a pair of skinnys my dad had, yet I am pretty sure he is around the same height as she was....

Anime. Rap. Metal.

You have heaps of metal or your old HDD, and I'm talking about close enough to a discography, not 2 or 3 songs.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I agree. I have about 5 t-shirts from the holy store of Primark: £1.50 each <3: Fashion isn't a word that has any meaning to me, I've never gotten into that whole style/fashion/looking good thing most teenage girls do.

Speaking of teenage girl kicks, caring about celebrities is another. Looking at magazines and going OMG he's cute. Just caring about appearances really, mine or anyone else's.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Country music. I [bleep]ing hate it. Plus apparently (according to my friend) people who listen to country have higher suicide rates.

Im just sick of this tool at my school who thinks that I'm his friend saying that the line "Ladies love country boys" is always 100% true. Im going to beat him up someday.

My GF loves me very much and I dont listen to it.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Corny metal. With dragons and stuff. Too bad they're the ones that have most of the melodic stuff :|

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!