Is RS Your 'Dirty Little Secret?'

Assume Nothing

I'm a 19 yr old woman who still plays Runescape at while working at her college computer lab. Yes, it's my guilty pleasure, but it's hardly a secret.

I even got my boss to play for a few seconds before some frustration ensued :thumbsup:

Ftfy.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, all my friends play XBOX360. If I ever brought Runescape up, I would never hear the end of it. Funny thing is that I quit for a year and now I'm back.

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

Nobody knows that I play RS and I don't think I'll ever tell anybody.

I'm not really sure why I don't mention it... I guess I just don't want people thinking that I 'waste' tons of time playing some 'stupid game.'

In fact, a year or so ago a bunch of my friends were playing and always talking about it. They tried to convince me to play and told me how they could "pwn me in the wildy". Of course it was kinda funny that they didn't know that I played and was a lot higher lvl than them.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

Nobody knows that I play RS and I don't think I'll ever tell anybody.

I'm not really sure why I don't mention it... I guess I just don't want people thinking that I 'waste' tons of time playing some 'stupid game.'

In fact, a year or so ago a bunch of my friends were playing and always talking about it. They tried to convince me to play and told me how they could "pwn me in the wildy". Of course it was kinda funny that they didn't know that I played and was a lot higher lvl than them.

Haha, that has happened to me.

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

Well I never went out of my way to tell people that I played RuneScape, but I certainly wasn't embarrassed to that extent. Plus, my parents loved to tell as many people as they could (mainly cousins and other relatives) that I played "Run-Scape" (they pronounced it like that).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

lol i noticed alot of people like to hide the fact that they play. In my own personal case I don't really care. I do get asked questions from time to time from the other guys in my unit [yes i'm military lol] about what it is i'm playing when we're sitting around bored and I just describe it to them. Afew of the guys actually took interest and started playing :P I'm not really ashamed of the fact I play a game I started back when I was still in school, it's a good game and something to do in my free time. Heck, even my wife plays \'

that my friends, is awesome lol

UPDATIN SIGGY ^,^

I think it'd be sweet if my parents played a bit. Little competition other than all the sports we play against each other.

Heh, I'd actually be kinda creeped if my parents played, I don't like parents knowing too much about my online activities...

If a friend asked me what games I played I would mention RS, but since my friends don't tend to ask those questions it never comes up in conversation therefore no-one knows I play Runescape. It's not a secret or anything, and I wouldn't get any stick for it, but it just never comes up in conversation. Games in general don't tend to come up in conversation.

Oh and to be brutally honest, I don't play Runescape that much anymore, not really interested in it anymore, haven't played it properly in a month or so, probably longer, so if someone did ask me if I played Runescape in say another month down the line I would tell them no if it was the truth.

Runescape is just another game. People need to get over it, and if someone does take the mick out of you for playing Runescape it's probably a good idea to mention that they know a hell of a lot about a game that is pathetic.

Yes, I've been playing for almost 6 Years now though I don't really let people know. I'm 18 years old and since High School it has never really been a socially acceptable move to broadcast my RuneScape skills.

I do share my passion with a few people, those who play it and those who I trust but I don't generally broadcast it, I'm not ashamed I just don't think people understand.

Ultra_Crabs.png

lol...runescape is definatly my dirty little secret. I wouldn't dare touch any site related to rs any where but my house or a select few friends houses. If anybody found out I played rs I'd be done lol :lol: Social Suicide pl0x

You're pathetic if you're that shallow. If people decide they don't like you based on what games you play then their opinion is worthless.

Lol how am I pathcetic? Because I don't want to be made fun for the rest of highschool? Explain to me how that is pathetic. I can undersatnd how making fun of people because they play a game is pathetic...but thats how life is. So before you criticize me come to my school and publicly announce you play runescape...so how easy life will be. Once you do that then you will have every right to say something.

I'm in highschool. Some people know I play Runescape. I'd play it at school if it wasn't blocked. I used to browse these forums at lunch but they blocked them as well, so now I just eat with my friends. I'm mature enough not to care what my classmates think about me.

It's not a question of maturity. Today a kid in grade 11 at my school got jumped because a few kids saw him on the runescape website in the library. So like I said before come to my school see how it is, if you announce that you played runescape at my school then you would have the right to criticize me but until you do, you have absolutly no right and no idea what it's like. So don't question my maturity.

Jesus_Statuz.png

lol...runescape is definatly my dirty little secret. I wouldn't dare touch any site related to rs any where but my house or a select few friends houses. If anybody found out I played rs I'd be done lol :lol: Social Suicide pl0x

You're pathetic if you're that shallow. If people decide they don't like you based on what games you play then their opinion is worthless.

Lol how am I pathcetic? Because I don't want to be made fun for the rest of highschool? Explain to me how that is pathetic. I can undersatnd how making fun of people because they play a game is pathetic...but thats how life is. So before you criticize me come to my school and publicly announce you play runescape...so how easy life will be. Once you do that then you will have every right to say something.

I'm in highschool. Some people know I play Runescape. I'd play it at school if it wasn't blocked. I used to browse these forums at lunch but they blocked them as well, so now I just eat with my friends. I'm mature enough not to care what my classmates think about me.

It's not a question of maturity. Today a kid in grade 11 at my school got jumped because a few kids saw him on the runescape website in the library. So like I said before come to my school see how it is, if you announce that you played runescape at my school then you would have the right to criticize me but until you do, you have absolutly no right and no idea what it's like. So don't question my maturity.

Playing Rs... in school... okay, that kind of screams for people to criticise you. Too bad for the grade 11 lol. I agree with what you said I guess.

Wow that school is ridiculous. I told people I still played runescape while in high school, though I was the last one by that point. People giggled, but no one cared. If you're scared someone is going to jump you, report them. Attacking people for the games they play is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Runescape is not my Dirty Little Secret, I have alot of friends that play and the ones that don't play i just show them what its like and they start playing.

Swsmailman.png

Current Slayer Assignment - Task 141 is 111 Gargoyles

swsmailman.pngswsmailman.png

[hide=Drop Log]Dragon - Legs (2) Boots (2) Spears (2) Medium Helm (3)

Slayer Drops - Granite Mauls (3)[/hide]