Is RS Your 'Dirty Little Secret?'

Assume Nothing

Eh, I hide it. It's sort of a habit for me now, because too many people dislike Runescape. Mainly because absolutely everyone I know has played it(boys at least, fewer girls), and most couldn't get out of the door.

Ironically, I play at the library. It's where I've met nearly all of my rs friends, and through one of them all of my real life friends. I've never understood why everyone thinks you'll be hacked playing in public-I've heard about it only from people who don't care or share accounts, and haven't been hacked via the library in the 4-5 years I've played there, once a week in the summer, every vacation I can during the school year. There even used to be a "Runescape Frenzy" at the library, but that got canceled because no one came.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope!

-.- People don't believe me when I tell them, though.

Example conversation:

"Are you drawing a dragon plateskirt?" "Yes." "But you're a girl!" "... Level, sexist-boy?" "... 60." "92, members, and several million gold in the bank. Eat my dust." "Well... I... Liar!" "... *sighs and goes back to drawing a picture of my avvie in full dragon*"

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

My friend back home used to play and, after he said he quit, I saw him standing in the GE one day at 2AM his time with chat off. :roll:

Lol'd, that happens, I know a dude who said he 'sold his account' then continued playing after that... sort of bumped into him in a not so cosy way though :roll:

A couple of people, close family members, and my CS colleagues are vaguely aware of the fact that I play this game. Funnily enough, I've never been challenged or insulted because I did. Of course...the field that I'm in/atmosphere I'm in is actually very, very forgiving of stuff (but breathe a word about Vista vs. Linux and expect to be tossed over a fence).

As for the situation in the library: It'd make me feel better about the future of the world if the other kid hid their terminal instead. Think about that one for a moment. :?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

lol...runescape is definatly my dirty little secret. I wouldn't dare touch any site related to rs any where but my house or a select few friends houses. If anybody found out I played rs I'd be done lol :lol: Social Suicide pl0x

You're pathetic if you're that shallow. If people decide they don't like you based on what games you play then their opinion is worthless.

Honestly, I hate comments like that. I hide that I play RS; Why? Because it is, as akballer said, social suicide. It mgiht be different where you live, but here, you don't want to have people know you play RS. No, they aren't good friends, and yes, they are shallow, but I'd rather have a decent relationship with people like that than be pushed aside into the D&D and Magic player groups because I play. Ironically enough, I just had a conversation about this a earlier today.

Yeah, that was really weirdly worded, I can't really get that to sound very good... You can kinda get my point though.

That, unfortunately is the horrible reality about Runescape for some of its players.

Although life was different for me when I was in Primary school. Runescape was the popular game then (2004) and no one would "laugh" but instead find out more about it. Then came Secondary school where my friends laughed and made fun of Runescape. It took awhile, but now every one of my friends know that I play Runescape and they are fine with that.

I do come across idiots that still say Runescape is lame due to its graphics though.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Yeah, I have to keep Runescape secret from other people, because theres a person trying to threating me on Messenger to give him my Runescape password.

Quite scary, although, I'm about to call the cops on this :|

You won't believe how many people at my school, want my account. They at least bribe me, blackmail me and so on. :x

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Yeah, I have to keep Runescape secret from other people, because theres a person trying to threating me on Messenger to give him my Runescape password.

Quite scary, although, I'm about to call the cops on this :|

You won't believe how many people at my school, want my account. They at least bribe me, blackmail me and so on. :x

*dances to song* :o. That happened to me once, this dude talked about how 'oldschool rs' was 'so cool' then the wildy got 'taken away', I told about my account and he kept on about wanting my account. That kinda pissed me off. Ah, the world's so small.

eer. everyone knows i play, i just say NO i don't but they know the truth i denying it XD. i am 134, no one in school want my acc thou . some yr 7 with lvl 42 calling me nerd. who cares fool

lol...runescape is definatly my dirty little secret. I wouldn't dare touch any site related to rs any where but my house or a select few friends houses. If anybody found out I played rs I'd be done lol :lol: Social Suicide pl0x

You're pathetic if you're that shallow. If people decide they don't like you based on what games you play then their opinion is worthless.

Lol how am I pathcetic? Because I don't want to be made fun for the rest of highschool? Explain to me how that is pathetic. I can undersatnd how making fun of people because they play a game is pathetic...but thats how life is. So before you criticize me come to my school and publicly announce you play runescape...so how easy life will be. Once you do that then you will have every right to say something.

I'm in highschool. Some people know I play Runescape. I'd play it at school if it wasn't blocked. I used to browse these forums at lunch but they blocked them as well, so now I just eat with my friends. I'm mature enough not to care what my classmates think about me.

Meh, you can be mature all you want, it won't do your social status any good.

I keep it to myself personally, just a few of my closer friends know about it.

2dvjurb.png

eer. everyone knows i play, i just say NO i don't but they know the truth i denying it XD. i am 134, no one in school want my acc thou . some yr 7 with lvl 42 calling me nerd. who cares fool

Nerd is way overused. Crap double post, nvm...

Hmmm, it seems to be that you're hiding that you play RS but everyone knows anyways... hmmmm....

Used to be. Not anymore though. Now because I'm in the 'cool' group it adds depth to my social character :thumbup:

:shock: :roll: ;)

You got your answer, wassa matter?

Nothin', I just sort of... steriotyped you as a pure, that's all :oops: .

Used to be. Not anymore though. Now because I'm in the 'cool' group it adds depth to my social character :thumbup:

:shock: :roll: ;)

You got your answer, wassa matter?

Nothin', I just sort of... steriotyped you as a pure, that's all :oops: .

:roll: Def newb.

Zerker_jane.png

i've started playing more than i have in the past year or so because i have free time more now and it's something better to do, but no one really knows i do because it's never brought up in discussion just whoever is in my house at the time may see, it doesn't bother me because it's a game, i like it and it meets my requirements (not taking over my whole screen and doesn't have to be installed) because i get bored of games easy and i'd find myself installing/uninstalling too much to free space up

None of my friends play anymore, they play WoW, PS3 or Xbox. Of course, these are the types of friends that will rag on you for days until they get bored of making fun of you. I hide it a little bit. :)

The average person I suppose. :P

It totally is a secret...

It's the first rule of RuneScape...

Don't speak about RuneScape...

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Almost everyone has played Runescape and also Pokemon at some point in there life. They also both used to be extremely popular in public school, people asking their friends to pk them a R2H or bringing their GameBoys to school to exchange mystery gift.

But now... they act like they are cool and will call Runescape - Run Escape and call Pokemon - Pokeman. This makes me want to punch them all in the face. They know what it's actually called so wtf is their problems?