Is RS Your 'Dirty Little Secret?'

Assume Nothing

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my friends don't know about, so I tend not to say anything unless I see them playing a MMORPG, and I introduce them to it. My uncle, tried/quit, and 2 friends tried/still play.

So It pretty much depends on my relationship with the person. ::'

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Like some people said, I just say "I play runescape" and not start talking about it to everyone, unless they ask me questions about it. If I would be "ashamed" of it, I would've just quit playing runescape.

"Hey, what's that called, Run Escape?"

*facepalm*

Wow, that reminds me of one of the biggest idiots I've seen in my life, in short: he bearly heard about rs, next thing you know, he was telling everyone like he was the smartest person on the planet, how "wow" and "run escape" are the 2 biggest games on the planet, each with 200 million p2p players.... :| yes, he is actually THAT dumb

lol...runescape is definatly my dirty little secret. I wouldn't dare touch any site related to rs any where but my house or a select few friends houses. If anybody found out I played rs I'd be done lol :lol: Social Suicide pl0x

You're pathetic if you're that shallow. If people decide they don't like you based on what games you play then their opinion is worthless.

quit

Depends, i have like 4 different personas, home, online, work and social. Home and online and a few in social know i play runescape, the rest i have no reason to tell them. I wouldn't say i don't play runescape to them, but it just doesen't come up in conversation, and it won't so i'm not randomly going to tell them, theres no point.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

lol...runescape is definatly my dirty little secret. I wouldn't dare touch any site related to rs any where but my house or a select few friends houses. If anybody found out I played rs I'd be done lol :lol: Social Suicide pl0x

You're pathetic if you're that shallow. If people decide they don't like you based on what games you play then their opinion is worthless.

Lol how am I pathcetic? Because I don't want to be made fun for the rest of highschool? Explain to me how that is pathetic. I can undersatnd how making fun of people because they play a game is pathetic...but thats how life is. So before you criticize me come to my school and publicly announce you play runescape...so how easy life will be. Once you do that then you will have every right to say something.

Jesus_Statuz.png

[hide=]

Lol how am I pathcetic? Because I don't want to be made fun for the rest of highschool? Explain to me how that is pathetic. I can undersatnd how making fun of people because they play a game is pathetic...but thats how life is. So before you criticize me come to my school and publicly announce you play runescape...so how easy life will be. Once you do that then you will have every right to say something.

[/hide]

You're both right. I mean, nobody should be ashamed of what they like. But also, nobody should let a game be the source of definition for those who are quick to judge.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

i play it at my college library in between classes and i'm 20 years old now... so when i was younger and playing in rsc runescape wasn't as well known as it is now, so i kinda missed the generation where alot of kids played it when they were younger. But i'm surprised how many people comment on me playing runescape when they notice it walking by, alot of people say that they used to play and that it was crazy fun.

I'm not ashamed of playing runescape... i just don't feel the need to bring it up, unless someone starts a conversation with me about gaming. I especially don't mention it when talking to the ladies... because, well at 20 years old... the ladies aren't exactly impressed when you tell them you play video games often.

pandapk2.jpg

Once, when I was at a bus stop, a small group of kids were annoying passersby to see if any of them ever played RS, and if they did, they would ask if they could give them their account since the person being asked would be likely inactive.

I thought it was pretty funny. RL begzors.

8f14270694.jpg

Its not a secret to me but i am not gonna scream it of the roofs.

Well these days when some1 asks you if u play runescape they are all about WoW and lineage and all those crappy games (in my eyes) and they try to compare those games with this game. I'm not even bothered anymore to explain its not the same game, because some people are actually brainless [developmentally delayed]s to understand rs plays on java instead of a client

Calm_Koala.png

Honestly, I hate comments like that. I hide that I play RS; Why? Because it is, as akballer said, social suicide. It mgiht be different where you live, but here, you don't want to have people know you play RS. No, they aren't good friends, and yes, they are shallow, but I'd rather have a decent relationship with people like that than be pushed aside into the D&D and Magic player groups because I play. Ironically enough, I just had a conversation about this a earlier today.

Yeah, that was really weirdly worded, I can't really get that to sound very good... You can kinda get my point though.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

My friends know I play and don't care as long as I still hang out with them regularly. I doubt anyone else in my school would care if I played or not we're just not that type of school. Heck our popular kids are the ones who's parents own farms. But then again I don't go around saying "hey dude I play runescape!", now if they asked I would say yes I play but as I said before they wouldn't care we're are just not that type of people.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I dont advertise it, but if people ask they know. I dont advertise alot of my hobbies either.

My coworkers - family and close friends know.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I'm in highschool. Some people know I play Runescape. I'd play it at school if it wasn't blocked. I used to browse these forums at lunch but they blocked them as well, so now I just eat with my friends. I'm mature enough not to care what my classmates think about me.

quit

My grandfather actually plays. He knows and a couple of my friends know. I wouldn't play it in PUBLIC though.

I applaud your grandfather for being able to use a computer, let alone play a MMO on it. :thumbup:

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

only time I do hide it is at school because of the WoW vs RS arguments turn ugly...

Oh how the times have changed :P Starting primary school in the 80's and high school in the mid-late 90's I grew up in a completely different era. Back in the early 90's just about any sort of computer gaming would instantly label you a nerd and you'd be teased out right. Keep in mind that this was the era where computer gaming came hand in hand with knowing DOS commands, how to mess around with programs like setver and memmaker, knowing how to modify the autoexec.bat and config.sys file and knowing what memory is let alone the difference between conventional memory, UMA, EMS and XMS. Consol gaming was slightly better without the stigmatism of being a computer nerd but you certainly didn't have in-depth conversations about it. To be honest gaming in general really didn't become 'cool' (or at least socially acceptable) until the PS2's success made it main stream.

It's funny to see how far things have come with PC gaming. When I was at school you would never have openly said you were playing such a time consuming PC game as runescape, in fact if runescape existed in those days you would probably have also been bullied for playing a dungeons and dragons type game rather than doom. You would certainly not have had people openly arguing over which MMO game was better at school, both parties would have been laughed at and ostracised. Now days it's completely different: where in the early 90's people would have bullied you just for admitting you liked spending time with computers, today the Sims, a game where you literally live a life on your computer, is the number one selling game. How ironic...

Anyway back on topic: Now I'm at university doing a Master's degree and no one cares what you play, how much you play or when you play it. Life gets a heck of a lot easier after high school :roll:

Check out my blog!

www.masarius.com

Nope. I play at will.

I did avoid playing WoW in public while I was at school, but thats just because some idiot always walked up behind me and started telling me stories about his adventures in the game, and I really don't care. :P

35b9enp.jpg

I don't go out of my way to say that I play Runescape but at the same time I don't go out of the way to keep it a secret. I just don't talk about it with my friends because they don;t play it and even if they did I wouldnt want to talk to them about it because there are better things to talk about than a game.

smallsigr.jpg