The New Runescape Trailer - More then meets the eye?

Den

Ok, so I was watching through the latest Runescape Trailer by Jagex when I noticed a few interesting things.

Some things I have seen posted, some have not been posted as far as I know.

Here is the video for those who havent seen it or want to see it again:

Here are the interesting things I noticed in the video:

All the places where ONE player was attacked while holding a shield, they slightly ducked their head behind the shield.

Examples = 0:19, 0:21, 0:35.

Shield39500.png

The Lumbridge swamp has had a graphic rework. People think this might happen at the same time as Zanaris gets updated.

Examples = 0:24.

swamp18570.png

Swimming without diving gear? This could be just a mistake by Jagex where they forgot to put it on their character when they recorded the clip.

Examples = 0:29.

swimming54680.png

Thats all I got from that trailer.

What do you think of these things? Can you find anything else in the trailer which looks different or out of place?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transformers!!!

RS isn't "More then meets the eye"

THAT

IS TRANSFORMERS

OMG

But still, Maybe the lumby change is just it in HD?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

From Jagex Twitter:

We're always working on new animations and graphical improvements. Expect a blog on the subject in the coming months -RSDev

The new shield pose is probably improved combat animations that they will release soon.

The Lumbridge Swamps look pretty good with the graphic improvement, it probably will be released at the same time as the Zanaris graphic improvement, which will hopefully be soon. (I'm anxious for the Fairy Tale Quest Ending that is going to come with it.)

Not sure about the lack of diving gear though. Perhaps we will be seeing a new underwater quest soon? Or it might have just been a Jagex mistake like you said.

Also at 30 seconds there is a green dragon in the sky that looks like it's Elvarg but in the sky. Perhaps a new quest relating to Dragon Slayer?

the area he's swimming in is new?

Nope, that's part of a quest. Great Brain Robbery I think.

Rocking Out.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Actually, that new lumbridge swamp looks alot like the swampy area south-east of the Agility pyramid. So maybe we won't be getting a graphic update in the swamp...

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. I can see the Zanaris shack on the minimap in that picture. I guess they're going to make the two swamps alike, then.

From Jagex Twitter:

We're always working on new animations and graphical improvements. Expect a blog on the subject in the coming months -RSDev

The new shield pose is probably improved combat animations that they will release soon.

The Lumbridge Swamps look pretty good with the graphic improvement, it probably will be released at the same time as the Zanaris graphic improvement, which will hopefully be soon. (I'm anxious for the Fairy Tale Quest Ending that is going to come with it.)

Not sure about the lack of diving gear though. Perhaps we will be seeing a new underwater quest soon? Or it might have just been a Jagex mistake like you said.

Also at 30 seconds there is a green dragon in the sky that looks like it's Elvarg but in the sky. Perhaps a new quest relating to Dragon Slayer?

umm...correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't there a cutscene where they showed a dragon destroying an island during the quest Dragon Slayer? i think they where showing Elvarg destroying Crandor before, or that was while we where on the boat to Crandor.

EDIT: i just watched the trailer again and that IS DEFINITLY Elvarg. that was when we went on the Lady Lumbridge with that cabin boy and he got hit by one of Elvarg's fireballs.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

^ Hmm you might be right. I know they updated a lot of quests over the years so perhaps it has changed since I have done it.

Either that or I'm just forgetful.

Yeah, they changed it. The first time I did it there were no fancy cutscenes, but I did it on my "Pure" and saw that.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Doubt, wasn't he killed?

Current Goal: 99 fish

ganon333.png

Future Goals:

99 Hunter

99 Woodcut

To Be Completed Before End Of Summer.

Doubt, wasn't he killed?

Yes, Elvarg was definitely killed. :P The trailer looks pretty sweet though! :D

Blakdragon39.png

From Jagex Twitter:

that is dragon slayer

proof: [yt]53Ypgkh4_hI[/yt]

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

The only thing I find weird is why they'd put the crap looking Elvarg Attack cutscene in instead of me... (or something better, which I doubt there is) :lol:

Otherwise, nice find/s (depending on how many have been found before) I hope they do update Lumbridge Swamp to that, looks good. :thumbup:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod