Mining Sucks (round 2)

Makoto_the_Phoenix

As far as i can tell they don't.

isnt it like wcing, when people with higher wcing lvl get faster logs then you meaning you will get less logs since the capacity of getting logs from a tree varries #-o #-o

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can sell coal.

Ive had 10k willows in the GE for a few weeks at min price, only about 1k have sold.

That's just you. You can't generalise and say that "Oh, very few people wants to buy willow logs because I only managed to sell 1k of them!" You don't know how the GE works. Of course, there are more willow logs for sale than people wanting to buy willow logs, but its the same for coal. You don't instantly sell out coal, do you? :roll:

ITS JUNK, its not only me who can't sell there willows most people can't its generally accepted junk.

The average fletcher uses willows between 35-50, and uses about 1500 (rough estimate)

The average woodcutter cuts willows from 30-60/80 Some even to 99. Thats AT LEAST 3500, all the way up to 100-200k willows theres probably more woodcutters than fletcher's, due to it being a non member skill.

Its not proof that willows are junk, but it definitely supports my argument.

Coal on the other hand, is normally gone by the end of the night, even instantly sometimes, ive never failed at selling coal for more than a day, ive failed at selling willows for about 3 weeks now, and counting.

Most of the RS community agrees that willow is junk.

I'm beginning to question your experience with selling either willows or coal.

O.O

ITS JUNK, its not only me who can't sell there willows most people can't its generally accepted junk.

The average fletcher uses willows between 35-50, and uses about 1500 (rough estimate)

The average woodcutter cuts willows from 30-60/80 Some even to 99. Thats AT LEAST 3500, all the way up to 100-200k willows theres probably more woodcutters than fletcher's, due to it being a non member skill.

Coal on the other hand, is normally gone by the end of the night, even instantly sometimes, ive never failed at selling coal for more than a day, ive failed at selling willows for about 3 weeks now, and counting.

Whatever, whatever, you win.

The point is still valid. Mining is a ridiculously slow and useless (in supplying ores for smithing) skill. And thanks for telling me coal sells out fast, by the way. That's because there is a lot of demand for it, from members smithing cannonballs and stuff, whereas miners cannot produce enough coal to keep up with the demand (most just drop the coal).

Coal always did and always will sell, no matter the price. Even before the GE you would stand next to the east bank in Falador, world 1 or any other trade world and say "Selling coal X ea" and you' d get bombarded with trade requests. All you had to do was ask for 10gp less per coal than the normal price. I sold at 150 each when they were 160 each and 170 each when they rose to 180 each. No problem.

Willows, on the other hand, did not sell so well, because everyone was selling them. Even selling 1k willows was painful, so I just dropped them when I had no more space. Don' t know the price b.g.e. (before Grand Exchange) since I never sold willows, only yews. They were around 300 each, I think.

And no, people mining in the Mining Guild always banked coal, you could hardly see any coal laying around. Just that people don' t gather coal, it' s painfully slow and not a very good moneymaker compared to other options.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

No one drops there coal.

What [cabbage].

Any proof?

And as Mico said, people just don't like to mine much coal. The problem? One ore per rock. Honestly you have to admit that there's something seriously wrong with mining. My arguments might have some flaws, but there are far more evidence pointing to the fact that mining is in a very bad state now.

I don't need proof, but logically, if you want XP, you mine iron, why drop coal, its slow, your better off banking it.

Maybe i should rephrase.

Its stupid, and very few people drop there coal.

Whether some noobs drop their coal or not is none of my business.

Stop making excuses, and get back to the rant at hand. Which is mining being in a very bad state, in other words, it sucks.

I don't need proof, but logically, if you want XP, you mine iron, why drop coal, its slow, your better off banking it.

Maybe I should rephrase.

It's stupid, and very few people drop their coal.

Stop making excuses, and get back to the rant at hand. Which is mining being in a very bad state, in other words, it sucks.

Est0rrath has a valid point, actually. More valid than you picking apart everything he says only to claim you don't care about it. :shame:

I'm still reasonably confident that coal would sell. It might drop a bit, true, but Smithing requires so much coal for a single bar that selling Mithril and Adamant after this kind of update would likely be more difficult.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Honestly the multiple rocks per ore is a bad idea in my opinion. There's a reason why rare ores are so slow to respawn and only give one ore. Other rocks such as iron ores or coal ores respawn quickly enough that you don't have to worry about waiting a while for them to gain xp or money.

I'd rather not mining become another afk skill. Competition is great among miners competing for one ore and gives incentive to gain a higher mining level. Also to mention the effects on prices.... Just :?

I'd rather it not become AFKable either. In fact, that's the last thing I want. All I want is to be able to mine bulk Mithril/Adamant/Coal to achieve my Mining/Smithing goals. I'm not concerned with the prices on the market whatsoever - I pointed out that if there is more, the price drops; but if the price drops, the demand raises, which means the prices stabilize again.

lol mining like wcing, this one i gotta see, but one thing i dont like is the lack of ores in mining guild, they should put atleast one rock of each type in there, not that much os a point when there is only mith in there

...You read the rant? Or did you stop at the first paragraph?

You can sell coal.

Okay...so? This has been since the age of certificates - you could always sell coal. Where does the majority of coal come from? Let me give you a hint - it ain't Mining.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Maybe i should rephrase.

Its stupid, and very few people drop there coal.

I was merely responding to you, no need to be an [wagon] about it.

Okay...so? This has been since the age of certificates - you could always sell coal. Where does the majority of coal come from? Let me give you a hint - it ain't Mining.

Was just responding to quelmotz.

O.O

Because, if you make it significantly easier than it is now 100000 miners get pissed off.

Sorry, kind of late to the fray, but I just had to chime in: Weren't the high-level fishing and woodcutting crowd also pissed off when RS2 was introduced? (And I'm not even getting into firemaking and "Cook X"... though the latter is lulz-worthy)

To be fair, leveling up mining actually got HARDER. Back in the day, you could just sit at Hobgob all day, training combat while standing between two iron rocks. None of that ore-dropping clicking, the system just dropped it for you. All you needed was a sleeping bag. The lack of auto-dropping was compensated for by multiple resource-per-unit in wc/fish, but not mining.

And fwiw hobgob mines aren't even worth going to now. Bloody revs.

I am a tree.

Maybe I should rephrase.

It's stupid, and very few people drop their coal.

Est0rrath has a valid point, actually. More valid than you picking apart everything he says only to claim you don't care about it. :shame:

I'm still reasonably confident that coal would sell. It might drop a bit, true, but Smithing requires so much coal for a single bar that selling Mithril and Adamant after this kind of update would likely be more difficult.

Seriously.

How does one valid point against my/other supporters' arguments count against the numerous arguments that mining is in a very bad state? That's why I'm ignoring it. Its proved, coal does sell. Big deal. There are still a lot of arguments on the other side of this issue, so there.

As soon as you get proved wrong.

IT HAZ NOTRHING DO WITH WITH ARGUMENT STFU1!!!

Holy [cabbage] can you read?

I'm wrong. Big deal.

It has something to do with the argument. I said there are far more of our arguments you can't proof wrong. So shut the hell up.

You have nothing to say, but just want to increase your post count or something, so you crack a lame joke. :roll: :lol:

No i just don't like your argue to the end, realize your wrong, and then suddenly say you don't care about it.

I do support this thread.

That's just my style. You or I can't do anything about it.

I just hate admitting my mistakes. Anything wrong with that?

Your style is weird too. Illogical, dwell on one thing and never give up on it until you've been proved totally wrong or the other party admits defeat.

Very much alike if you think about it. :ohnoes:

:o

Really? :lol:

Yeah, we're quite similar in character. Persistent when it comes to heated debates. Reckless and posts without too much thinking. But that's about where the similarities end.

You're welcome to post the differences, but I don't think you should because a mod is going to remove it.

I was just looking in rants and saw a familiar thread title, so I looked in here and saw someone else thought that mining sucks. Of course, I typed that up when I was going for 70 mining and was getting royally pissed at it all.

Of course, I still think mining sucks. Every other skill has been streamlined and made easier for a lazier player base, anyone still clinging onto mining needs to realize that they're a minority. I guarantee some people complained when Jagex put in higher level agility courses when they suffered at Ape Atoll all the way to 99. I know people complained about Cook X/Mix X/Do X. If everyone could admit that whatever Jagex does will piss people off, then we can actually get some good updates going.

It's cool to see this back up, even more cool that someone actually agrees with me. :P

Oddment1.png

I was just looking in rants and saw a familiar thread title, so I looked in here and saw someone else thought that mining sucks. Of course, I typed that up when I was going for 70 mining and was getting royally pissed at it all.

Of course, I still think mining sucks. Every other skill has been streamlined and made easier for a lazier player base, anyone still clinging onto mining needs to realize that they're a minority. I guarantee some people complained when Jagex put in higher level agility courses when they suffered at Ape Atoll all the way to 99. I know people complained about Cook X/Mix X/Do X. If everyone could admit that whatever Jagex does will piss people off, then we can actually get some good updates going.

It's cool to see this back up, even more cool that someone actually agrees with me. :P

Yes, I agree totally.

Those high level veteran players need to learn that games change, more convenient and easier ways of doing things will be introduced.

I agree wholeheartedly. I HATE mining. Much of my experience in it came from quests or minigames and so on, not training. One ore per rock is ridiculous. Think of it this way:

Either have auto-dropping and one ore per rock OR

Not have auto-dropping and more ore per rock.

I also like the idea of higher level rocks having less ores. It means that, for example, adamant muight have 2, and rune might have 1. (Rune shouldn't be changed at all, the armour's price is fine right now.)

Add me to the list of people who don't enjoy admitting a mistake. Also add me to the list of people who pdon't psot if they're not sure about something so they won't HAVE to admit defeat.

*hinthint*

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

Think of it this way:

Either have auto-dropping and one ore per rock OR

Not have auto-dropping and more ore per rock.

Auto-dropping was a very nice feature as long as you kept track of how many ores you had (if you're not powermining). Make it optional and I would love to have it back.