Just Got 2 Def, F*** My Life?

Jwen

Someone, please. I really need some advice.

2zgxik5.png

I'm lost now, I don't know if I should become a Proselyte pure or not.

Any comments will be great appreciated but not the "Oh haha failed pure" thing.

nRLBLM.jpg

Just one lvl shouldn't affect combat lvl to much. And if you want just get it up. Make it into something else. No one will know unless you tell them or quick chat you def level. I looked and it only boosted you 1 cb level. The only way to get another cb lvl through def is to get 4 more def lvl. Other then that just be careful if you don't want any more def lvls. Its not the end of the world :wall:

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Firstly, thank you both for the consolation compared to the nasty people at Zybez.

1 Defence level is equivalent to a HP level if I'm not wrong, or around there.

Besides that, are cannons the only way for 1 Defs to gain Slayer levels?

As I'll need 52 Slayer for Jellies in Soul Wars.

:|

nRLBLM.jpg

a. does 2 def change your maxed out total level, if not then it doesnt matter except for "pride"

b. there are plenty of options for low def levels like 5 and 10 so keep your def at 2 till you are sure you want to do

edit--cannon will probably be very important, but if you stayed with the lower slayer master you might be able to do more then you would think.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

a. does 2 def change your maxed out total level, if not then it doesnt matter except for "pride"

b. there are plenty of options for low def levels like 5 and 10 so keep your def at 2 till you are sure you want to do

edit--cannon will probably be very important, but if you stayed with the lower slayer master you might be able to do more then you would think.

1. 1 Combat level, I guess I'll have to carry on with this. Pride doesn't matter too.

2. May I ask why are there people who keep their Defence at 5 or 10?

3. I guess I'll stick with Burthope-ing and wasting on food then..

Thank you though. :)

nRLBLM.jpg

It's annoying as [cabbage]! to see the little '2' in your stats menu, but it won't affect anything.

DO NOT gain any more levels, as these would actually affect your combat level without

really helping you at all. I know you get the urge to round everything up into multiples of 5,

you O.C.D. nerd you, but nobody has to know about that '2' except for you ...

:wall:

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I would second raising it to a more usefull level.

My brother has a zerker pure (low level stats tbh) and hes killing all the 1 def pures as they only need to hit 1 0 on him and he has a big advantage. It also lets you do some nice quests which will help train your pure too.

On a side note lmao looks like someone fell for the spear trick.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Firstly, thank you both for the consolation compared to the nasty people at Zybez.

1 Defence level is equivalent to a HP level if I'm not wrong, or around there.

Well you could get 20 defence for Slayer since most of the defensive items you need have a level of 20.

You can learn to pray flick too, that helps ALOT no matter what you do. It's tiring though.

1 defence level is only something like .2 of a level though, it's not a huge deal.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

It takes 4 defense/hp levels to gain a full combat level (assuming attack and strength play no part). You'll be fine, just continue as normal.

Just get your Defence to level 5.. Nice and even.. Shouldn't gain a combat level and won't bug the hell out of you :D

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Lol, you got 2 Def, so Fxxx your life?

And then you think that 20 def will make it better for proselyte?

Thats like cutting off a finger on accident, then purposely amputating your hand and getting a prosthetic limb to cover it up...

You should just keep 2 defense. It is not even a combat level. And of course the analogy is from a pure's messed up perspective, because defense is actually a very useful skill.

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

Just get your Defence to level 5.. Nice and even.. Shouldn't gain a combat level and won't bug the hell out of you :D

Don't do that, 1def = 1hp level you could gain w/o leveling up, so keep it at 2 until you're absolutely sure you want to be initiate.

Staurolite.png

Get it to 99. Now. ASAP. Don't even think about it, just do it. :lol:

Seriously, I think you'd be better as a berserker pure. 45 Defense owns 1 Defense. But keep it at 2 until you decide what to do, it's really not that big a deal.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=combat_calc.htm

With 60 attack, 99 strength, 1 defence, 99 hp, and 26 prayer you'd be 79 combat.

With 60 attack, 99 strength, 2 defence, 99 hp, and 26 prayer you'll be 80 combat.

With 60 attack, 99 strength, 2 defence, 99 hp, and 33 prayer you'll be 80 combat.

So, while it will get you an extra combat level when you're maxed, you can get 33 prayer without gaining further combat. That means access to ultimate strength. Keep the 2 defence. Unfortunately, a max DDSer with 1 defence could get 35 prayer and 80 combat, giving them increible reflexes as well as ultimate strength, which is essentially an extra 3 attack levels over you if you use the 10% attack prayer.

quit

Thanks for the replies guys for first.

Well, I don't mind being a 2 Defence as I'm not egoistic..

It's annoying as [cabbage]! to see the little '2' in your stats menu, but it won't affect anything.

DO NOT gain any more levels, as these would actually affect your combat level without

really helping you at all. I know you get the urge to round everything up into multiples of 5,

you O.C.D. nerd you, but nobody has to know about that '2' except for you ...

:wall:

I'm actually fine with 2 Defence, but I'm really scared that 1 combat level when I'm nearly maxed will actually make me suffer in Bounty Hunter..

Gaining 1 Defence level will not effect your combat level. I'm sorry you gained a Defence level, good luck with what you want to do with it.

I say make it a Zerker pure.

I've though about Zerkers but it'd definitely be a waste since I've already gotten 60 attack, 80 strength/range with 1 Defence..

I would second raising it to a more usefull level.

My brother has a zerker pure (low level stats tbh) and hes killing all the 1 def pures as they only need to hit 1 0 on him and he has a big advantage. It also lets you do some nice quests which will help train your pure too.

On a side note lmao looks like someone fell for the spear trick.

What combat level is your brother?

Spear trick?

Don't do that, 1def = 1hp level you could gain w/o leveling up, so keep it at 2 until you're absolutely sure you want to be initiate.

If I'm not wrong 1 Defence/HP = 0.25 CB level?

.....no

2rvzjns.png

Well, not all monster places have safespots..

I've also sent you a PM since you're a pure too, hope to talk to you in-game. :D

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=combat_calc.htm

With 60 attack, 99 strength, 1 defence, 99 hp, and 26 prayer you'd be 79 combat.

With 60 attack, 99 strength, 2 defence, 99 hp, and 26 prayer you'll be 80 combat.

With 60 attack, 99 strength, 2 defence, 99 hp, and 33 prayer you'll be 80 combat.

So, while it will get you an extra combat level when you're maxed, you can get 33 prayer without gaining further combat. That means access to ultimate strength. Keep the 2 defence. Unfortunately, a max DDSer with 1 defence could get 35 prayer and 80 combat, giving them incredible reflexes as well as ultimate strength, which is essentially an extra 3 attack levels over you if you use the 10% attack prayer.

Wow!

That's very nice of you to calculate it for me, but will it be very common for those people to be near me?

Damn, somehow hearing what you said after 'Unfortunately' made me BAWWWW a lil'.

Do 1 Def pures with 1 prayer own their own CB level with prayer maxed to their current CB?

nRLBLM.jpg