Lock skills?

Defy

should you be able to lock skills? On my pure ( 60 99 1 ) i wore a dragon spear and i didnt know that every option to attack was controlled, so here i am pking and trying to switch to a differnt style so i dont gain defence xp, i see there all controlled. so i run and get out the wildy with 4 xp till 2 defence...

you should be able to lock skills so you dont gain xp in them, just a little padlock button or if u right click on the skill.

this would stop people ruining pures etc..

but i guess it could be bad in a way you could attack stuff and turn off gain combat xp and only gain hp... or the other way.. turn off hp...

hmmm

wat u think

bllllonz.png

I'm sorry to say that this type of thread comes up every now and then and each and everytime it is shot down with flames against skillers and pures.

While this would be a handy feature for pures; this, along with the ability to choose which quest rewards you get, will probably never be implimented into the game.

1yrb49.jpg

I think it would be a useful tool for pures, but I also think you pointed out the downsides to it. Could be that when you "lock" defense, you won't be able to attack anything if you have defense or controlled training selected. When you get up there, one wrong move could gain you a level.

I don't see how a feature like this would be too much for pures to have.

rssig2.png

do it only to people who have "pure" in their name, so u know the guy's a pure and you're prepared for it. Like "Rival Pure" and other nicks.

No, a part of the game is to train your skills, just as mentioned above.

And you'll be a 2 defence pure.. so what? #-o

2 defense pures are shunned upon like a Leper during 1 A.D. Until RuneScape Jesus comes down and reduce that level back to one, your stuck with that level.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

You know what else is a horrible idea that will never be implemented? Kayaking.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

No you shouldn't.

If you're a pure, you VOLUNTARILY choose to ignore part of the game. So if you accidentally train it, that's your own fault. If you choose to not train defense, then you must suffer any and all consequences that result from it, that includes accidentally leveling it up.

As far as jagex is concerned, if you get 2 defence, you play longer.

Because you make a new account, etc etc.

Not to say i don't support, but its never ever going to happen because jagex hates pures.

I don't think this is the case. Why should Jagex cater to people that choose to restrict what they can do in the game? It's their own choice, their Risk! If you don't want to get the level up, be more careful.

You've chosen to be a pure, then you have to deal with it if you get a defence level accidentaly. Or can't do a quest because it gives exp in defence, that's your own choice.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hell no.

This game is designed to train your skills. Deliberately not training skills is unnatural and should not be supported by something artificial as "locking" skills. Besides, if you really want to not train a skill, simply pay some attention to what you're doing. I don't see why Jagex should introduce features for artificial game play to cater stupid players.

If you want to play the game in a way in which it is not designed, face the consequences yourself.

This game is designed to train your skills.

[i should watch my mouth] Who [] are you to tell us how the game is designed ? Prove me wrong but there are 'nuff' activities that prove you wrong. THE GAME ISNT 100% AROUND SKILLS.

Have a [good day] day[, sir] :)

When I see something like this I wish I could find the person that posted it and choke him to dead. Who the hell are you to tell us how the game is designed ? Prove me wrong but there are 'nuff' activities that prove you wrong. THE GAME ISNT 100% AROUND SKILLS.

Have a bad day :)

Alright, go do anything that doesn't involve skills. Go on a level 3 and play the game that doesn't involve any of the 24 skills.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

When I see something like this I wish I could find the person that posted it and choke him to dead. Who the hell are you to tell us how the game is designed ? Prove me wrong but there are 'nuff' activities that prove you wrong. THE GAME ISNT 100% AROUND SKILLS.

Have a bad day :)

Alright, go do anything that doesn't involve skills. Go on a level 3 and play the game that doesn't involve any of the 24 skills.

Agreed.

libertherme.png