I'm bbbaacckk......Did you miss me?

Huge Noob

Yeah, it's true. After a 25 month (According to my retirement post anyway; Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:06 pm) hiatious I've decided to come back to RS. I won't actually get to start playing again for about 2-3 more weeks though. Gotta get some computer stuff done. I could start now but sadly my PC lags quite a lot with the new graphics, even though according to Jagex my computer should handle it no problem. Oh well, that's why I'm going to wipe my hard drive so I can get rid of all the junk that's clogging up my PC.

Now I won't be playing NEARLY as much as I did before. I'll really only have time to play in the late evening after I get home from work (I get home around Midnight CST) or perhaps in the early afternoon on my days off (Wednesday/Thursdays). All I know is that for the first probably few months I'm going to be so lost. There's soooo much new stuff I won't even know where to begin. So if you run in to me walking around aimlessly don't hesitate to point me in a good direction. :P

While I've got you all here reading it's time for my "I've been gone for over 2 years so I don't know any better" questions.

1. Is Castle Wars still the popular "safe" mini team-based game it was when I left? I still have all 1,225 of my tickets. :oops:

2. What's the newest way to make some good cash? When I left Dagannoth Kings were good money, but I hear now that's it's something dealing with Sara swords or something? I bought up what rares I could before I left but that only ammounted to one extra Santa hat (2 total now, but I'd only sell one).

3. Are there any new ways to raise the old skills that I should perhaps know about?

4. What on earth is Summoning all about? How would I even start it? I've read up a little on it but I think it's going to take me a while to get the hang of it.

5. Anyone wanna make me a new signature? All mine are obviously outdated. :mrgreen:

6. Any other things I should know about?

Thanks! :D

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Summoning is... where you Summon stuff and it can help you in combat, heal you, hold up to 30 items for you, make stuff, etc. Just look at my signature for a guide.

You're thinking about God wars. It was released a little after you left, and it's basically a place where you can kill a boss (arma, sara, bandos, or zammy). It's relatively easy, and it does make good money. A sara sword is one of the drops you get from Sara, although the biggest drop is a godsword, and all 4 bosses drops different godswords/mini drops. Search a guide for that too.

Castle wars is still popular and safe.

you should check up the Grand exchange, it's basically where you can sell/buy items for a set price that rises and drops from supply and demand. There is no way to trade outside that limit (although theres a couple 10k leniency). PvP has changed a lot.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Because this is largely a question thread, I'm moving it to help and advice. You can post about your return here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=583381

1. Is Castle Wars still the popular "safe" mini team-based game it was when I left? I still have all 1,225 of my tickets.

-----> Yes. In addition, there is now Stealing Creation, Clan Wars Arena, and Soul Wars for safe-teambased minigames.

2. What's the newest way to make some good cash? When I left Dagannoth Kings were good money, but I hear now that's it's something dealing with Sara swords or something? I bought up what rares I could before I left but that only ammounted to one extra Santa hat (2 total now, but I'd only sell one).

-----> God Wars Dungeons and Tormented Demons are good money with small groups. DKs are still good, consistant money, they're just not really as good as before.

3. Are there any new ways to raise the old skills that I should perhaps know about?

-----> Runecrafting had a revolutionary update when summoning came out. Using the "graahk method" you can convert more runes to natures for faster profit. However, due to this and a few other factors, nats have plummeted. Uhmmm. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

4. What on earth is Summoning all about? How would I even start it? I've read up a little on it but I think it's going to take me a while to get the hang of it.

------> The best way to 'start' it after completing the Wolf Whistle quest would be to just save your charms from training the Slayer skill.

5. Anyone wanna make me a new signature? All mine are obviously outdated.

------> I'm not very graphically oriented. :)

6. Any other things I should know about?

------>While you were gone they reworked the offense system. IF you had any blackmarks before, you might find them gone by now. :)

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm surprised that no one mentioned 26k-tricking, at all. Not that I'm promoting it. :wall:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

1. Is Castle Wars still the popular "safe" mini team-based game it was when I left? I still have all 1,225 of my tickets. :oops:

No, but that's an impressive ammount of tickets. I think you should try out Soul Wars, it's also team based, safe, and pvp minigame.

2. What's the newest way to make some good cash? When I left Dagannoth Kings were good money, but I hear now that's it's something dealing with Sara swords or something? I bought up what rares I could before I left but that only ammounted to one extra Santa hat (2 total now, but I'd only sell one). No idea, sorry. I'd just do slayer, though.

3. Are there any new ways to raise the old skills that I should perhaps know about? None that I can think about now.

4. What on earth is Summoning all about? How would I even start it? I've read up a little on it but I think it's going to take me a while to get the hang of it. The quest to begin Summoning, Wolf Whistle, pretty much explains it. Think about it as a mix of Runecrafting and Herblore. You need the principal items, that are charms. You can get these by killing pretty much any monsters. And you need a secondary item, which varies for each familiar you want to create. You also need spirit shards and summoning pouches, which you can buy from summoning stores. When you got all the required items, you can take those to an Obelisk and infuse all the materials on a Summoning Pouch.

There are different pouches for every familiar. You can summon this pouches and that will make the familiar appear. It will follow you like a pet and their uses differ. Some are for combat, others aid skills, or carry items for you. All familiars also have special effects which can be activated with Summoning Scrolls. To create scrolls you have to take a Summoning Pouch toan Obelisk. One pouch will create 10 scrolls for that certain familiar.

5. Anyone wanna make me a new signature? All mine are obviously outdated. :mrgreen: You can request one from the different shops in the Art Bazaar here

6. Any other things I should know about? I don't think so... :?

Welcome back, and I really hope this helps you. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

16185_s.gif

Just wanted to say welcome back and I enjoyed looking through everyone of your old pictures brought back some good memories ::'

Was kind of wondering.....are you still a mod after years of being inactive :shock: ?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Just wanted to say welcome back and I enjoyed looking through everyone of your old pictures brought back some good memories ::'

Was kind of wondering.....are you still a mod after years of being inactive :shock: ?

Yeah I am. I logged in from time to time so they never demodded me. Although I don't know if they would of anyway. I figured that I wouldn't resign seeing as when I did log in it was nice to have all the tools I needed to mute/report/etc.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Get your Summoning up :thumbsup:

love it

Gotta get Members first. ;) I won't be getting that until I get this lag situation under control (like 2-3 weeks). I can survive on f2p until then....I hope.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Yeah I am. I logged in from time to time so they never demodded me. Although I don't know if they would of anyway. I figured that I wouldn't resign seeing as when I did log in it was nice to have all the tools I needed to mute/report/etc.

Now that you mention that you are a mod, I remember seeing you once or twice couple of years ago in castlewars, but never talked to you. ::'

16185_s.gif

Slayer is really easy now

To go off that, if you plan on slaying, do Smoking Kills quest; it allows you to ban some tasks, claim rewards for doing tasks, including a new slayer helm that combines all the headgear into one, and some other interesting stuff. Also, as was said, godwars is good high-leveled monster hunting; dks are basically dead now. Also, as mentioned before, tricking is a good way to make money now, although slightly "against the spirit of the game." I assume you know theres no more staking/ traditional pking now, so tricking is basically gaining EP (earned potential), normally by wind bolting a friend for two hours, then proceeding to kill each other with the person doing the killing holding at least 76K worth of items, and the person dying losing at least 25K, but most of the time 26K. Just make sure to look out for all the new weapons; godswords hit in the 70s, and dragon claws hit 4 times in one attack turn, so its like having 2 dds'ers on you at once. But yeah, I remember seeing you around years ago. Welcome back to 'Scape!

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Welcome back old retiree :)!

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

OMFG hey metallica! :thumbsup: aaaannnnyways, time to answer some questions.

[hide=]1. Is Castle Wars still the popular "safe" mini team-based game it was when I left? I still have all 1,225 of my tickets. :oops:

5. Anyone wanna make me a new signature? All mine are obviously outdated. :mrgreen:

6. Any other things I should know about?[/hide]

1. yes, although soul wars is taking over that title.

2. pvp 26k trick. i wouldn't recommend it, but since you like monster hunting as mentioned in your post, you might want to try GWD hunting.

3. hmm, steal creations has rewards that grants extra exp capabilities. if you really like minigames, you might want to try this out.

4. training is very similar to herblore. in addition, you can summon beasts called familiars that will help you depending on the familiar's statistics.

5. sorry, i had a friend make mine using photoshop. however, tipit has dynamic signatures you can make with your stats.

6. WELCOME BACK! theres some changes like the trade limit, no more wilderness, etc. etc. also, you can now play on HD.

lady ninane just pwned the questions, so im not much help, but i remember you, welcome back!!

This

Add me again Met :D

I never deleted anyone off my list. So if you still have me added I still have you. ;)

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png