Interesting Wilderness Find?

meister14

Been like that for a while now.

Came with the HD update, then a little more was added with the summer quests.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So... are you saying that there were a couple leaves on the trees when HD came out, and then with the summer quests more leaves were added?

AMG THE WILDY WILL NOT BE SO BARREN SOON!!!!!!!!

(It makes more sense than sailing... it actually could happen... I mean come on there are already green parts. And besides, things don't just stay barren. Was about time the trees started fighting for their lives.)

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

The wilderness become green again? But this would destroy the wilderness-y feel! It would also be REALLY REALLY COOL!

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I know Jagex likes to give little clues and hints like this, but this is more likely to just be a graphic update.

I wouldn't look too far into it.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

i personaly would love to see the recoming of zaros and the reglorifying of the wilderness. it is still probably over 50 quests away but imagine a super hard(level 85+ requ.) to get it to where zaros is back, the widnerness is green and beautifull and there is no more danger there. also it could be followed by a series of reconstruction quests.

Y_Z.png

Remember in the DevBlog, I think it was, where they were talking about having areas in the game different for different people? That could totally work for this, with a quest showing the coming of Zaros only to those who complete it. I can imagine them making two copies of the wild, and players going into either one depending on if they have done the quest or not.

I can also imagine them making this a long process of renewal, so that in a few years the wild will be much more lively than it is now, as nature reclaims the destruction that was there so long ago. It would introduce a very neat aging aspect to runescape, if they decided to go with something like this. If the changes were slow enough, it could also go unnoticed by a lot of players till they look at old screenshots, or have not been there in a while. Cool ideas = =P~

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Not trying to conspire too much but,mabyee...just mabye,the closer zaros has come to returning to gelinor has caused the wilderness to retain the life it had in the 3rd age. :idea:

that would be extremly cool

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

So... are you saying that there were a couple leaves on the trees when HD came out, and then with the summer quests more leaves were added?

AMG THE WILDY WILL NOT BE SO BARREN SOON!!!!!!!!

(It makes more sense than sailing... it actually could happen... I mean come on there are already green parts. And besides, things don't just stay barren. Was about time the trees started fighting for their lives.)

Burnt ground is extremely fertile :ugeek:

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I think those trees with three or four leaves on 'em have been there the whole time, but it's a neat idea though. I've always liked the idea of 'curing' Morytania from its evils, and see it returning to its former glory.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I think those trees with three or four leaves on 'em have been there the whole time, but it's a neat idea though. I've always liked the idea of 'curing' Morytania from its evils, and see it returning to its former glory.

Yeah that'd be cool.

But other than the vampire overlords and a few other ill intented creatures there's not alot to cure.

Unlike the wilderness there no reference to it ever psychically changing, it's always been swampy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah that'd be cool.

But other than the vampire overlords and a few other ill intented creatures there's not alot to cure.

Unlike the wilderness there no reference to it ever psychically changing, it's always been swampy.

Mort Myre used to be a forest instead of a swamp.

sighistorian.jpg

If the wilderness were to be cured, either some new area deeper than the wilderness would be needed, or else another part of Gielnor would have to be corrupted. Maybe though we could have more of the area around castle draken opened up. I do like the idea though.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

If the wilderness were to be cured, either some new area deeper than the wilderness would be needed, or else another part of Gielnor would have to be corrupted.

What do you mean? I don't think old wilderness went past the shores,and other parts of gelinor would be parts of zaros's former empire.

Off topic kinda but I believe zaros's empire stretched on further than we may think,I remember seeing a zarosian grave in ape atoll of all places. :o :ohnoes:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

If the wilderness were to be cured, either some new area deeper than the wilderness would be needed, or else another part of Gielnor would have to be corrupted.

What do you mean? I don't think old wilderness went past the shores,and other parts of gelinor would be parts of zaros's former empire.

Off topic kinda but I believe zaros's empire stretched on further than we may think,I remember seeing a zarosian grave in ape atoll of all places. :o :ohnoes:

That's just a fault of Jagex, unless (and this is very unlikely) a group of Zarosians made it all the way to Ape Atoll and buried someone, or those monkeys are Zarosian. Which isn't true, as they worship Marimbo.

sighistorian.jpg

Yeah that'd be cool.

Where does it say that?

There references of it as a swamp as far back as the god wars and I don;t think I've seen any pre-godwars mentions of it.

I've heard references that imply the Haunted Wood was a nice forest once, but nothing about Mort Myre not being, Myre/Swamp

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah that'd be cool.

Where does it say that?

There references of it as a swamp as far back as the god wars and I don;t think I've seen any pre-godwars mentions of it.

I've heard references that imply the Haunted Wood was a nice forest once, but nothing about Mort Myre not being, Myre/Swamp

It was in a tome from the Darkness of Hallowvale quest. Hallowvale used to be a woody place with an Icyene queen in what is now Castle Draken. When the vampyres arrived, the land became corrupted.

It is also implied that the fate of Misthalin will be the same of Morytania (Hallowvale) if the vampyre overlords and their minions breach Paterdomus. In one quest, two werewolves escaped Morytania and attacked you.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Yeah that'd be cool.

Where does it say that?

It was in a tome from the Darkness of Hallowvale quest. Hallowvale used to be a woody place with an Icyene queen in what is now Castle Draken. When the vampyres arrived, the land became corrupted.

It is also implied that the fate of Misthalin will be the same of Morytania (Hallowvale) if the vampyre overlords and their minions breach Paterdomus. In one quest, two werewolves escaped Morytania and attacked you.

Hallowvale is not mort myre though.

Hippo mentioned Mort Myre referred to as being a forest and he tends to be epically good at his history of rs, though I am pretty good too so we do sometimes prove the other slightly wrong.

I think using your reference to Hallowvale you're thinking of Morytanina in general, this is very specific to Mort Myre.

Equally the Haunted wood ajoins to Hallowvale whihc suggest tht it is the forest tht tome refers to.

Plus I forgot to mention before swamp and corrupt don;t go hand in hand, after all lumbridge swamp isn't corrupt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg