15th July 2009 - PvP Changes

Xecer

I swear everything works great until Jagex decides to ruin it.

This is what people wanted, was it not?

I believe it was even you yourself SirHemen who said "I believe weapons are to powerful now and 1-2 hitting someone has taken away from the PvP gameplay"

Now people got what they wanted. If someone wants to risk using claws/GS, they are going to RISK them. PvP will no longer be full of weapons that 1-2 hit your opponent. It will now be about tactics and skill.

Like Muggi said: It will all be welfare gear, which is the way PVP SHOULD be. Larger reward for cheap equipment used. And if someone wants to use an expensive item, all the power to them, but its finally a RISK.

IDC if it fixes 26k or not. This FIXES the overpowered weapons issue in PvP.

Exactly, if people want to rush with claws they better be prepared to risk them. I think this has potential to eliminate PKing of any kind from PvP worlds and turn them into 100% 26king worlds though.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This update, is one of the best ever.

Seriously.

The only people complaining are the people pk'ers don't want in PVP worlds anyway, the ones who PJ, Protect items, Wont risk etcetc

Now people who are brave when you pk, will be the ones making the money. Not the kids who run in, claw spec and run away laughing.

QFT

I believe you and half this forum said "I believe weapons are to powerful now and 1-2 hitting someone has taken away from the PvP gameplay"

Now people got what they wanted. If someone wants to risk using claws/GS, they are going to RISK them. PvP will no longer be full of weapons that 1-2 hit your opponent. It will now be about tactics and skill.

Like Muggi said: It will all be welfare gear, which is the way PVP SHOULD be. Larger reward for cheap equipment used. And if someone wants to use an expensive item, all the power to them, but its finally a RISK.

NO that was never me....

I love Dragon dagger, Rune defender, Abyssal whip, Leaf-bladed sword. Also Crystal bow!!!

Never owned a AGS, never will.

EDIT: Go get your eyes checked. I say that because:

I am a PvP chicken at the moment.

ipray that d claws dont drop that much, i dont mind 1-5 mill drop, but i think this update will result is even more pjin with claw rushers, which means less and less people even think of risking valuable stuff, which will in future end the pvp

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Lol really Jagex? This was the best nerf you could think of? If you had not realised, many if not all high levels who gained EP did so with a Dragon Spear with them, and ONE square away from safety. All they had to do was spear the attacker and walk out. No harm done and no one got killed.

Plus, teleing is still there, ROL still works, people risking 50k more means nothing when the return is 1m+...

Oh and....

GG SMITE.

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

I believe you and half this forum said "I believe weapons are to powerful now and 1-2 hitting someone has taken away from the PvP gameplay"

OMG THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j_birdd.png

Im buying like 10k rune arrows max now

range is gona go up :D

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

The only thing I'm worried about is the panic sellers making everything drop... even if it has nothing to do with PVP.

ZGS won't sell at all now, but nobody pk's with that... Bandos armour as well. Hopefully this doesn't last too long. :-#

W-Field_2010.png

But a dds is only 40k...sure you won't need to fear the AGS or D claws anymore, but for 40k, a dds is really strong. What's stopping the pj'ers from grabbing a dds? And now, there will be even MORE pj'ers because they know there's more to win.

I'm not saying this is a bad update, but I just want all of you who are saying "lol gf pjers" to know that there's more to be considered.

This is a step in the right direction. I hope it isn't the only step Jagex will take against 26k'ers.

104g2df.jpg

DAMN jagex just ruined pvp....

I'm quite pissed about the brawler situation too. I had some agility brawlers I was saving for the SnC olympics :cry:

nice creative way to put it up bro +10 rep for this, and [bleep] someone sell me some rune arrows

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

But a dds is only 40k...sure you won't need to fear the AGS or D claws anymore, but for 40k, a dds is really strong. What's stopping the pj'ers from grabbing a dds? And now, there will be even MORE pj'ers because they know there's more to win.

I'm not saying this is a bad update, but I just want all of you who are saying "lol gf pjers" to know that there's more to be considered.

This is a step in the right direction. I hope it isn't the only step Jagex will take against 26k'ers.

yeap more pjers and claw rushers who will rush and kill take stuff and tele more

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Im buying like 10k rune arrows max now

range is gona go up :D

Sorry bad Fluffy already bought all the rune arrows on the market.

i just bought 2k no problem...

omg i put it at max and i only got 1 so far [bleep]

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Did you guys even consider than you can't even trade 75k?

I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna lose almost 100k to some random so he can profit.

So get a friend instead of some random person?

Well I wouldn't do it for anybody. :P