[DevBlog] Animation Update: Pack 1

Mil

I am 100% sure that when this update is out, someone is going to complain about how they like the old animation/graphics better. Especially the emote section.

Well the old dance emote is unquestionably better than the current one

Yup,it doesn't matter if that c6 has nav and a better sound system they're still gonna love the look of that 50s corvette.;)

Nobody likes destroying classics. :cry:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder if jagex has made enchancements to the development kit side I know that other developers that use Maya etc have skeleton and muscle groups, so they move like the real life counterpart, I wonder if the animating side has been developed to do that or if its all manual work.

Because they could adapt the system to simulate real life fabrics and things on movement, it would take alot of work but would be rewarding.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

This might just be me and this is just some random thought that I hardly would thing. But seeing as it looks like a lightbulb. Maybe day and night will be released, and that tab would be changing it a bit. But then again, that's what the graphics settings are for.

Also, after looking at the new scimitar. I expect the new weapons that is getting a new animation will also get a graphic makeover.

Usually graphical updates come alongside updates that add things to the game. This is just changing animations, so I don't see them updating graphics. Then again, I could be wrong.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I think the new animations look really cool. It's very fluid and easier on the eyes as compared to the first pictures they show.

I really hope they bring the first dance emote back, you just can't beat it :thumbsup:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Imitating real physics, especially in fabric, through a physics engine on a browser based game in Java seems a bit far fetched to me.

I'm saying some development packages do that, I know jagex like to keep it low filesize for browser based what I was getting at is, do jagex use muscle bone system now or in past to make the animation process easier, or just a skeletal system, since the new animations look alot more realistic than the previous version.

Which he just fell on the floor like a plank and stabbed like he could only move his arm.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

They were at a Java dev event recently and they demonstrated how they make new animations. They just push and pull on the model's parts to mold the animation. The link to it is somewhere in the screenshots thread, a few pages back.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

My computer couldn't play the second animation on the main RS site, but it can here.

I hope RuneScapes base requirements don't go up - my computer's graphics card can barely play it as is :cry:

Liking the new animations, wondering what the other weapons and attack animations will look like. And i'm wondering wether dragon weaons will get an upgrade aswel.

On the topic of the tab, i'm ignoring any speculation about it because i'm cool. 8-)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Liking the new animations, wondering what the other weapons and attack animations will look like. And i'm wondering wether dragon weaons will get an upgrade aswel.

On the topic of the tab, i'm ignoring any speculation about it because i'm cool. 8-)

you make me thing. I wonder if they change anything about the spec animation of dragon weapons and gs/whip. Would be kool to see them change. About the tab i would say, it could be a tab made only for the j-mode. Looks like a chat bubble could be the tab used by j-mode to communicate among themselves. Who know time will tell, or show in this case

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

[hide=]

Original

smallz.png

2x

57384157.png

4x

33104713.png

8x

74896629.png

Big

bige.png

Pixel structure

pixelp.png

Looks like a possible clan chat icon? Oh...maybe clan/group features or settings? Could be a hot air balloon ::'

They hid the chat box on purpose :roll:

Now it looks like a light bulb. It can't be a clan chat icon because the current clan chat icon is already in that screenshot.

Yes it does now, but wouldnt they just like rotate it? every say.. 30 mins game time is day then goes to darkness, instead of doing it yourself, also wouldnt 99 fm be an advantage for certain lanterns with new night and day

[/hide]

Looks like a pocke[bleep]ch to me.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Biggest concern:

Why on earth is he using a SCIMITAR on STAB mode? :?

Emote animations

We realise that players use emotes a great deal and look forward to new additions. As such, we have gone through all emotes in RuneScape and given them a good once over to make sure they are looking consistent and the best they can.

The animators and I have very much enjoyed updating some of the older animations in RuneScape, and have many plans for updates to the animation in RuneScape in the future. This is just the first step!

[bleep] you Jagex. Revert the emotes, don't mess with them more.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Emote animations

We realise that players use emotes a great deal and look forward to new additions. As such, we have gone through all emotes in RuneScape and given them a good once over to make sure they are looking consistent and the best they can.

The animators and I have very much enjoyed updating some of the older animations in RuneScape, and have many plans for updates to the animation in RuneScape in the future. This is just the first step!

Why? I think the emotes get better every time. For example, the dance and zombie dance emote are just awesome and the mime emotes look so much better.

Emote animations

Why? I think the emotes get better every time. For example, the dance and zombie dance emote are just awesome and the mime emotes look so much better.

Also it sounds like all they're doing is tweening.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this a tremendous amount. I have absolutely no clue why, but the new animations I've seen thus far have excited me more than anything has in a long while, especially in regards to video games.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

[hide=]
Original

smallz.png

2x

57384157.png

4x

33104713.png

8x

74896629.png

Big

bige.png

Pixel structure

pixelp.png

Looks like a possible clan chat icon? Oh...maybe clan/group features or settings? Could be a hot air balloon ::'

Now it looks like a light bulb. It can't be a clan chat icon because the current clan chat icon is already in that screenshot.

Yes it does now, but wouldnt they just like rotate it? every say.. 30 mins game time is day then goes to darkness, instead of doing it yourself, also wouldnt 99 fm be an advantage for certain lanterns with new night and day

[/hide]

:o

bige.png

Amg Tiem!

But really I don't know what it could be, maybe it is just a jmod thing like suggested here.

Animations look awesome, although the cape on the agil emote could be made a little less blocky. We have to understand that it's still a work in progress thing though.

Emote animations

Old school dance emote was epic.

[hide=]
Original

smallz.png

2x

57384157.png

4x

33104713.png

8x

74896629.png

Big

bige.png

Pixel structure

pixelp.png

[/hide]

:o

bige.png

Amg Tiem!

But really I don't know what it could be, maybe it is just a jmod thing like suggested here.

Animations look awesome, although the cape on the agil emote could be made a little less blocky. We have to understand that it's still a work in progress thing though.

2di37vb.png

amg sailing!@@!@!@!

Ot: I am going Jagex digging and find out what that image is....

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Emote animations

Old school dance emote was epic.

This. New emotes are crap. I only like the air guitar emote, and the music that goes with it gets annoying very quickly.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off