21st July 2009 - The Curse of Arrav (and Patch Notes)

Xecer

Months ago, I posted on these forums saying what a joke the game updates have become this year. People believed that I was too hasty in my judgements. Now, months later, things have still not gotten any better at all, and it is good to see that many more people are sick of getting tricked into believing that their subscription fee is worth new quests that give us nothing but exp and quest points. Maybe enough people will stop wasting their money here and Jagex will have to improve the quality, quantity, and safety of their content.

More and more people are asking the question "What are they (Jagex) thinking???" To this I say "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"

The world may never know.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was this just a history quest with no major updates? Not complaining, just gauging how long before I should care about it.

They just released Mobilising armies, give them a break.

A quest is a decent update.

Yeah I mean they only took 7 months past their expected release date to finally release Mobilising Armies, with a couple critical flaws which cost some people hundreds of millions. Jagex is slacking, everyone knows it, please don't defend them. I am usually not one to be critical of their work, but they are barely doing anything lately. With the release of Mechscape under a year away (supposedly) I imagine they are allocating more resources to that game. They call this the update year, fixing small problems, but they are making more problems than they are solving. Enough with the [bleep] leprechauns and interfaces, we want real updates.

They should have called this fixing the flaws we created from bad QA year. I think they are just putting to many of their resoures towards Mechscape. Even though it may have different teams, they all run off the same income. That means they can't hire as many part-time QA members during the summer as they used to.

Okay their making a new game and that requires funds, but they can aleast not take away from their already very successful game and release updates with various serious bugs. Or of course maybe their trying to ruin their first game so people will flock to their new game with better graphics thats will most likely cost more.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Thats another thing. They are updating a lot of the game, and they also wanted to make old useless features more usefull now.

But week after week all I see is more quests that add nothing but QPs to the game. Why try to upgrade things while introducing new useless things? I dont get it. It makes me sad when I think about how awesome this game was...like back when Slayer first came out. God things were amazing.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Well, look on the brightside, we're more than halfway through this fixer upper year. :D :lol: :P

Personally, I'm well past my peak runescape playing time, I only play a little bit for new content, occasional levels/goals, but I don't put near as much time into it as I did when I first started playing back in the original RS. So, tweaks and bug fixes aren't that big of a deal to me. These quests are okay fillers, because fillers are needed to build up to something big. Jagex has to introduce storylines bit by bit, coming at it from different angles, so that in the big coming together quest there are multiple angles/parts to do. You can only go so far with a linear questline. By breaking this up into multiple portions we gradually learn more and more about all the different mahjarrot.

Flyingjj.png

it's about [bleep] time someone got on my side of the argument. I personally would kill for the old management back. Look at what got done last year compared to this year. hell! It was a big deal that they even apologized for when they took a week without updates to finish up rs hd, look at how many times we have had 2 weeks with only 1 update(or 2 really small piece of crap updates in 3 weeks). i personally hold a lot of blame on mmg, mod mark has been there this whole time and they were on the top of their game till mmg came and now he is changing everything to his liking and not the direction the game has been going for years. If giving up "fansite support" and lame picture teasers of updates that wont come out for 2 years to get my bts, postbag, and decent UPDATES back i am all for it.

[bleep] mmg :evil:

I second that!

You do know that Mod MMG stated that the other CEO was planning on adding Micropayments to the game, right?

Yeah. I think I'd enjoy the runescape I have more than having to pay $1 for a special item all the time.

Ali The Wise is

[hide=Open]amgamgamg.png[/hide]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Some dude on RSOF posted about it

:o :o :o :o

Kudos to DuhDuhDurrr!

We possibly gave Arrav's heart to a Mahjarrat that is alligned with Zaros :ohnoes:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Ali The Wise is

Kudos to DuhDuhDurrr!

We possibly gave Arrav's heart to a Mahjarrat that is alligned with Zaros :ohnoes:

Is that better for it to belong to one that is aligned with Zamorak or Zaros? :?

Ali The Wise is

Kudos to DuhDuhDurrr!

Oh well, no problem here. According to the notes Zaros wasn't all that evil of a deity. Anyways we already freed Azzandra so what is wrong with giving the heart to him. Personally I'm all for Zaros coming back to kick Lucien's arse just because he/(she?) wants to (or as returning a favor for helping him/her/both???.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

So was this just a history quest with no major updates? Not complaining, just gauging how long before I should care about it.

They just released Mobilising armies, give them a break.

A quest is a decent update.

Yeah I mean they only took 7 months past their expected release date to finally release Mobilising Armies, with a couple critical flaws which cost some people hundreds of millions. Jagex is slacking, everyone knows it, please don't defend them. I am usually not one to be critical of their work, but they are barely doing anything lately. With the release of Mechscape under a year away (supposedly) I imagine they are allocating more resources to that game. They call this the update year, fixing small problems, but they are making more problems than they are solving. Enough with the [bleep] leprechauns and interfaces, we want real updates.

I do think it's because Mechscape is (hopefully) less than a month away. But they're a small company with lots of projects here there and everywhere, they're going to slow up on their updates at some point.

I don't feel that they have really been slacking either.

Yeah... the whole "not complaining" bit was meant to pre empt that, sorry if I offended anyone, but honestly I just don't play much anymore and wanted to see if this had any shiny new interesting things to make me finish it sooner. Doesn't look like it, so I'll do this later.

Cha cha now yall.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Its 77500 xp in all through kinda feels like no thought went into to the reward through.

Edit:

[hide=Spoilers]The quest really ended at a bad time right after we recovered the heart we didn't even give it to Arrav so were just leaving it in the jar for a couple monthes until the next quest comes out,so what sick mind came up with this.[/hide]

Yes, it may have been more satisfying to return it to its rightful owner. But one should consider:

Arrav was teleported to points unknown after you did damage and he gave you information

Arrav's still is under the control of another entity anyway..

And even without those two challenges, returning the item in such a way to actually benefit him may be a bit complicated, perhaps requiring a rather high crafting level?

ciabelle.png

Its 77500 xp in all through kinda feels like no thought went into to the reward through.

Edit:

[hide=Spoilers]The quest really ended at a bad time right after we recovered the heart we didn't even give it to Arrav so were just leaving it in the jar for a couple monthes until the next quest comes out,so what sick mind came up with this.[/hide]

Yes, it may have been more satisfying to return it to its rightful owner. But one should consider:

Arrav was teleported to points unknown after you did damage and he gave you information

And even without those two challenges, returning the item in such a way to actually benefit him may be a bit complicated, perhaps requiring a rather high crafting level?

A 'Surgery' skill.

Edit:

A 'Surgery' skill.

OMG! Sailing!

We'll need it to go south west and find the island to unlock Surgery!! :twss:

On a more serious note, guess i'm not the only one suspicious of Ali the Wise. Kudos to the guy from the RSOF to make a possible Mahjarrat link!

Dark_Jab.png

Ali The Wise is

Kudos to DuhDuhDurrr!

I knew it! That name sounds too forced to not be an anagram!

Zemouregal's notes about Wahisietel:

"A mahjarrat of average power. Keeps himself to himself mostly. Rumours are that he may have Zarosian sympathies. That would be a fun rumour to further spread. The more the other have reasons to distrust eachother, the better.

Ali the Wise from the Nardah KB page:

"Ali the Wise is a curious figure in the desert: his skin is paler than you might expect, and he knows a curious amount about the history of not only the desert, but also of the secret races whose existence is a mystery. If you need some information about these things, though, he's the man to talk to."

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Whenever I can use my agility brawlers again I love this update.pvp+1pl0x or 96 summon

Removed bottlenecks for certain pipe squeezes on various Agility courses, so you no longer have to wait for other players to go through.

Wow amazing! I made a rant about that not too long ago.

Ali The Wise is

Kudos to DuhDuhDurrr!

"A mahjarrat of average power. Keeps himself to himself mostly. Rumours are that he may have Zarosian sympathies. That would be a fun rumour to further spread. The more the other have reasons to distrust eachother, the better.

"Ali the Wise is a curious figure in the desert: his skin is paler than you might expect, and he knows a curious amount about the history of not only the desert, but also of the secret races whose existence is a mystery. If you need some information about these things, though, he's the man to talk to."

=D> Well done to that guy, Jagex get pretty sneaky with these quests. Makes you wonder what else has been put into the game on the sly that we havnt noticed.

(I was surprised at how pale he was when I talked to him for this quest....)

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Makes you wonder what else has been put into the game on the sly that we havnt noticed.

I've thought about this from time to time, and I think that the answer is "nothing." First, players' ability to ferret things out never ceases to amaze me. Second, and more importantly, I don't think that Jagex would allow content to go unnoticed forever. They'd leak it or give a hint or something if they had to. If they went to the trouble to put it in, they'd make sure someone noticed it eventually.

punitivedsig.png

Makes you wonder what else has been put into the game on the sly that we havnt noticed.

I've thought about this from time to time, and I think that the answer is "nothing." First, players' ability to ferret things out never ceases to amaze me. Second, and more importantly, I don't think that Jagex would allow content to go unnoticed forever. They'd leak it or give a hint or something if they had to. If they went to the trouble to put it in, they'd make sure someone noticed it eventually.

That would depend on several factors:

1. How important the content is to them.

2. How large the content is - A single reference to other work isnt likely to be pointed out.

If they went to the trouble to put it in, they'd make sure someone noticed it eventually.

3. How recently it was put in - New secret content isnt likey to be pointed out for a while if left undiscovered.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Ali The Wise is

Kudos to DuhDuhDurrr!

=D> Well done to that guy, Jagex get pretty sneaky with these quests. Makes you wonder what else has been put into the game on the sly that we havnt noticed.

(I was surprised at how pale he was when I talked to him for this quest....)

You realise what this meens though? We told that guy everything we know, including the fact that Jhallan is hidden beneath the Ritual site. Unless he reveals this fact to the other Mahjarrat, he is likely to be the one to be sacrificed. In other words, Jhallan is the most likely victim of the next Ritual. Shame, after all the trouble we went through hiding him -.-

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

You realise what this meens though? We told that guy everything we know, including the fact that Jhallan is hidden beneath the Ritual site. Unless he reveals this fact to the other Mahjarrat, he is likely to be the one to be sacrificed. In other words, Jhallan is the most likely victim of the next Ritual. Shame, after all the trouble we went through.
ROFL gf we failed :-# #-o

EDIT:they're both followers of zaros though right?Mabye he'll be ok.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Well, if Jhallan joins Crux Equal and we aid the Zarosians during the Ritual, maybe we both could benefit...

(Has even one of us thought of the power that could flow to us if we attend the Ritual?)

I don't think that would work... the Ritual is a rejuvination ritual for the Mahjarrat, it doesn't give you excessive amounts of power (I think) and it wouldn't work for humans (I think, otherwise humans would have been attending these for centuries, or tried to).

About Crux Equal, I don't think any Mahjarrat would want to ally with humans, remember how sceptic he was of us helping him hibernate.

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg