Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

If I can, I am making a reptilian race. The Veroxians. :blink:

I'll think up a story later.

My first action shall be to start funding on an advanced rail cannon for planetary defence.

And do we have mechs or w/e?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

I don't think you've chosen a planet yet.

I think Doom "Discovered" a new system yesterday, check the first post for the system list, you can take any system which has these requirements:

1. No paradise planets.

2. Must start on an Earthlike

3. System must be uninhabited at the point of starting.

You could probably get away with having basic mechs as a starting tech, but powerful ones will need to be researched.

You will have an 80 billion yearly budget to spend on research, production and such, and a 10 million population.

Basically, just say which starting techs you want, and we will make sure it is balanced.

You'll also need to include a summary of your race, and an empire name.

After that, its up to you to decide what to research, how to teach your people and such.

2Xeo5.png

That seems like its easy to bypass.

Couldn't you simply place a piece of wire pushing down on the mechinism or send an image to it. either way its not impossible to reenginear.

It may even take ten years for Rocco to find the secret but its possible.

meatlover.png

I'll take Opez.

I'll also research a new fusion reactor for the rail cannon which recycles excess heat if that's balanced enough. :)

50b on rail and 30b on reactor.

History: Evolved from a primitive species of bipedal lizards, they are reasonably strong, but they mainly rely on their mechs for combat as they are quite small (about 1.3m). They are also very quick. They are very adept snipers, so they prefer to use EKW (energised kinetic weapons ie. rail guns) to kill their enemies from afar.

Any good?

Also for starting tech; FTL, basic mechs and fusion nukes. Inform me if I can have more please. :wink:

Edited by killerwatt
Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

It fries all its circuitry if it detects its peices being opened.

That doesn't change anything, I then open it up and look at the fried circuitry, then make an identical copy.

It all melts. Literally, it all melts itself, leaving lumps of random metal where the wires and such were.

In all honesty, it kept people away for long enough, but if you were really determined to do it, you could probably get it done in about 7 years.

It fulfilled its purpose, and that was making sure nobody got their hands on it while I was building my forces.

2Xeo5.png

Ok, going to give a big update later today. Just want to mention that I am sending 8 of my ships with 10,000 people each to the 4 planets (2 ships per planet) in the system doom just discovered 473 light years away. This will also be the first off-world emigration of my empire consisting more than just Norway. Norwegians will still be the majority, but both Finnish and Estonians will be part.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hold other projects, add money to them, train more scientists, create better equipment, etc.

By the way, that thing you put in your signature is really, really annoying. I think Mather would be the only person who would even consider adding that to their signature. I can seriously feel my hatred for you growing every single time you post.

Wait, theres a system 473 lightyears away? Are you sure it isn't a typo?

I thought one of the points of a new thread was so we could have a new map with all the systems on it...?

2Xeo5.png

2nd Carrier ship is 3/4 compete, 3rd one is begining production at 0/4 starting now.

More progress...

I'm gonna take my first stab at PirisEaten's logic. Where did you come up wit hthe numbers for your research time? Most notibly your ion pistols. 7 just seems like an arbitrary number that you pulled out of thin air.

In one respect, I'd like it to be higher, because new research (espeically ground breaking) isn't as simple as "I throw money at project 'a' expect perfection in three years". We've all been doing it, but i just realized how absurd that system is. For production it's easier, because it's simply applying old knowledge.

On the other hand, your ion pistol shouldn't take as long because an ion cannon was already made and distributed to the nations of ~2045. Grim (malaysia) since took those designs, and against the will of most made a weapon out of it.

The ion cannon was made to ionize the air and cause rain in magnitudes and frequencies of your choosing. This in it's self could in theory be used viciously, but I still don't understand how an ion weapon would work.

Ah. Well, they're developing ion weaponry, but not of the sort you guys are thinking of.

Instead of ionising the air, these shoot a fixed amount of ions, an "ion beam," so to speak, at a target. The ammunition is a cartridge filled with ions of varying types depending on whether or not you want any different effects or not. (I.E. a radioactive ion cartridge would cause very small amounts of subatomic particles flying out as well.) It's like a laser, but shooting microscopic particles instead of energy. Also, depending on the number of ions, damage can be a simple cut or the effects of a .55 sniper round. The.55 sniper round-effect bullet would, of course, cost more and require a larger weapon. They also have a cooldown time that compensates for their extra power.

I picked 7 because, well:

1 years to figure out how it works.

1 year to develop small weapons. (like pistols)

2 years to develop medium-sized weapons (like rifles)

3 years to develop it into large-scale weapons (like cannons.)

And these will not be "perfection" designs. Heck, NONE of what I'm coming up with will work perfectly. They'll work, but will require more research in the future towards efficiency. Much like how TONSIL is improving on the design of the dioxide exchanger.

The ammunition isn't exactly cheap if you buy it as ions itself, but with some tech that I will research eventually that is based off of the dioxide exchanger, only more precise, will allow you to buy cheap materials (basically garbage) and then turn them into ion weaponry cartridges.

And if necessary, I can come up with reasoning for all my other research times as well.

a70c7.png

Hold other projects, add money to them, train more scientists, create better equipment, etc.

By the way, that thing you put in your signature is really, really annoying. I think Mather would be the only person who would even consider adding that to their signature. I can seriously feel my hatred for you growing every single time you post.

I thought one of the points of a new thread was so we could have a new map with all the systems on it...?

I have a headache and bieng a douche seems to cure it.

And thanks, I'm only researching nanotech at the moment.

Do I just keep 20 billion?

meatlover.png

You want me to delete the thing in my sig.

[hide=douchebaggery]I enslave half my population and put them in a factory with feeder tubes and then if they try to move I have a special over feed button which almost instantly kills them. They make production 200% faster so I research a super powerful laser that destroys half the galaxy and pwns everyone and as leader of the galaxy I make everyone bow before me and say how stupid they are[/hide]

meatlover.png

Question: How long does tech take to develop?

-Random Youtuber

I don't think about it, I have already done it, although a blackout covering all of Drammen stoped me from posting.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You know what's funny? Findenland is still in the key of the map.

Hex should stop being such a douche.

Do I start with ships, or do I have to research them? And what is my starting GDP?

After more exploration of the crust of Valasmaa, we have found that it is rich in minerals. We should be able to mine enough ore to create a huge fleet of trade ships.

Research has started on making new ships that can easily transport goods to hub planets (if necessary)

We have begun plans to build a colony on our most distant moon, as a last stop for trade ships to fuel before a long journey. With time, we will build stops like this through out the solar system.

I'll make a new map of my planet and include the moons and post it later.

The government is buying goods off of our citizens for interstellar trade (for when it does happen).

I feel like I have more to say, I'll edit this is I can think of anything else.