• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Yeah, that was just a mock battle, in reality, there would be things like walls and towers which have a certain durability rating (Essentially HP for structures), and would need to be garrisoned.

I'd say that the map should be divided into areas, and if you capture an area, you need to micromanage it, build defenses and garrison them etc, actually map it out properly.

By the way, I'm editing the warfare system at the moment.

Also, how would everyone feel about Hero Unit style generals, yae or nae?

One other thing I'd like to propose.

Consider this:

The map is divided into a large grid, say 50*50 squares, each square has its own map, if you capture a square, its up to you to spend the peoples tax money building fortifications and such. Each square would need to be micromanaged, and you would have a folder with all your land in, square A1, A2, B2 etc.

If you spread forces too thin, you're going to collapse and lose a lot of troops, if you keep them too compact, you'll end up surrounded.

If another person defeats your army there, they claim the land, all fortifications are wiped from the map and the capturing player needs to begin anew.

From the feedback I got in #medi, people seem to like these two ideas, so I decided to post them here.

2Xeo5.png

Also, would you guys mind having monsters? Special beasts that are found by exploring? They could be mythological or not; but either way I don't want 'em to be magical, just fierce.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think it would spice the game up a bit if you actually had to fight monster(s) on the uncontrolled maps to claim them, instead of just being able to waltz in and claim it.

We could also have a random monster generator, in which monster(s) attacks one random map tile every now and again, to add a bit of variety. I assume these monsters. if they were to be added, would be controlled by another player, not as in they actually own them, but they control them for that battle.

2Xeo5.png

I think it would spice the game up a bit if you actually had to fight monster(s) on the uncontrolled maps to claim them, instead of just being able to waltz in and claim it.

We could also have a random monster generator, in which monster(s) attacks one random map tile every now and again, to add a bit of variety. I assume these monsters. if they were to be added, would be controlled by another player, not as in they actually own them, but they control them for that battle.

Or if people want, barbarians could probably work just as well.

Since we're basically moving completely away from actual history, I'll probably merge a few cultures. Sounds fun. :thumbup:

The battle system is alright, the only thing I could clearly think of was what rocco said. Maybe also use arrows to show troop movement, though that might overcomplicate things.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

It'd be better if a large-scale version of the map held details like known mines, game areas, ruins and wild animals "homes"(couldn't remember the correct word).

And then you could visit and excavate the ruins, use the mines, hunt the game and tame or fight the animals.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

EDIT: Disregard that, I misunderstood. Yeah, on the "zoomed" maps, things like resources and towns could be noted.

I assume that game areas = Forest though.

I'd like everyone's views on the three ideas that have been suggested

2Xeo5.png

Problem with barbarians is that some people are actually playing as barbarians etc.

We could always add more "NPC" tribes in the unsettled areas.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[hide= Rules, Will edit once feedback is obtained on the ideas mentioned in the last few posts]

Warfare Rules

Each unit has a set value; this comes in the form of:

OS, offensive skill, this determines the units attack power. It is the base damage a unit will do to an opposing unit.

DS, defensive skill, this determines the unit’s defensive power. This is deducted from the opposing units OS to work out the damage dealt

RNG, the units range, this is how far the unit can attack from. Most melee units have a RNG of 1.

MS, movement speed, this is how many spaces each unit can move in one turn.

HP, this is the groups strength, it always starts at 20, and cannot go above that. If it reaches 0, the unit is considered dead, and is removed from the map.

All maps have a point value, meaning only a certain amount of troops may be bought in to fight with. Different units have different point values.

Terrain can give bonuses or penalties, depending on which type it is.

There are some varieties of units with special abilities, such as rouges, who can pick the locks which appear on certain maps.

Multiple players can fight on maps, assuming the map has the space for however many players you want to join in, up to a limit of four on the largest maps.

Units CANNOT move or fire diagonally.

Mounted units cannot move past mountains. No unit can move through water unless otherwise specified.

3 Hero Units per tribe, 1 per battle, maximum.

Mapping rules

The map is divided into a large grid, with each square of said grid representing an entire map, which can be captured.

If you capture a map, it is up to YOU to secure it. You will spend your citizen’s tax money on building fortifications and such to hold off an opposing army.

You will create features on the map as you build them, walls, garrison-able towers and buildings and such. Towns/resources must also be noted.

On uncontrolled tiles, a monster, or group of monsters will often lurk, and these must be cleared out before you can capture that tile. The monsters will be controlled by another player for that battle and that battle ONLY.

Occasionally, a monster will attack a random tile on the map, and must be fought off by the controlling player.

Monsters can either be few in number, but very powerful, or set out in the same way a normal army would be.

Monsters cannot, under any circumstance, be tamed or otherwise work with players.

Some monsters will break the HP limit, but that will only be large monsters, of which there will only be a maximum of three on the map at once.

[/hide]

2Xeo5.png

[spoiler=Income]Taxes

Human

7 500 000,00

36 000,00

50 %

135 000 000 000,00

Jaffa

508 000,00

50 000,00

25 %

6 350 000 000,00

Goa'uld

1 500 000,00

10 %

16 500 000,00

Loan

550 000 000,00

5 %

27 500 000,00

Building company

Apartements

25 000,00

50 000,00

40 %

500 000 000,00

Townhouses

30 000,00

100 000,00

40 %

1 200 000 000,00

Farms

5 000,00

125 000,00

40 %

250 000 000,00

Mansions

1 000,00

1 000 000,00

40 %

400 000 000,00

Income

143 744 000 000,00

Budget

10 %

14 374 400 000,00

Just figgured out nine letters that are funny yet semi-meaningless when together:

IRL FTL FTW.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

So basically our combat system is a very slow variation of Fire Emblem? (including sprites, lol)

I'm okay with everything else, but that just seems rediculously slow. I'll go along with it, but anyone warring with me is gonna have to realize that I only spend like 30min-1hour on TIF. I'm not sure if that's an advantage or not.

*goes off to write up cultural background sheet D&D style*

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That doesn't matter, you can play out wars over a few days, the example battle between me and Sere lasted 3 days since one of us wasn't online at times.

Hurrah, another person who actually plays fire emblem!

As they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it :smile:

I made my basic unit list, minus seige weaponry, now I'm going to write up a background.

(PS, when making units, make sure to follow stat caps -

OS - 19

DS - 7

MS - 6 for non mounted, 9 for mounted

RNG - 5 for non seige, 8 for seige

If you max one, the other two will be very low.

Take a berserker unit for instance, 17 OS, 0 DS, 5 MS, 1 RNG, compared to a knight, 10 OS, 5 DS, 4 MS, 1 RNG)

2Xeo5.png

Holy [cabbage] you guys have some huge dedication. I'd never be able to even attempt to attempt to do this. Also surprised it never got moved to forum games or the RPG forum thing.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

if it did get moved to either of those itd lose alot of it members

russian news: we have begun to bolster up our armed forces on both planets, there is some minor conscription.

our other planet has has a large array of defences (missiles, lasers, rail guns, orbital attack satelites etc) to defend our planet. alot of time and effort had been spend getting the colonoy established, well now it has a military

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

inb4ragequitters.

I guess we can start the medieval thread now..

Another minifleet completed. HMS Birthright completed in all it's glory. 2.5km long, big guns, 2 feet thick plating, blah blah.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!