Ring of wealth "Rare" List

Dire_Wolf

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but this thread is a complete fail.

Most of the "confirmations" on drop rates here (and thus how effective the RoW is on certain monsters) disregard any and all statistical principles.

Unless you people plan on killing a hundred thousand of a certain monster, with and without the RoW, don't bother with your theories on the RoW.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

225 kills really isn't alot.

Carry on killin TDs till you've done 1k then if YOU want alot.

I never said anyone should do it, nor do I wish to waste my time doing it. Just that 225 kills isn't a basis for a Ring of Wealth theory.

asrhasrh.jpg

It seems to me that there's a significant increase in rune full helms from abberant spectres while wearing a ring of wealth. 90 kills with the ring netted me an average of 1 helm for each 15 kills. Without ROW (the next 90) I received 1 helm for each 30 kills. I should do some more tests, and I'll throw pictures in, but I believe it was highly effected by the ROW, or I could just have been having a good day.

No i have used Ring of wealth alot there, and i have gotten alot common rares. Where my record of Rune full helms being 6 of them in 1 task!

So i will add that to list. <3: Thanks for your help.

I think you're wandering into questionable territory by adding that to your list.

And sample of 90 is way TOO small to be considered a reliable statistic. You're going to have to go to the thousands of abb spectres killed to get an accurate estimate... for actual rares, maybe even a hundred thousand kills or more.

I have killed over 1000 Aberant spectres, and like i said we would have to use our experience to figure out what items at what monsters have very high possibility to be affected by using Ring of wealth.

There is so many Forum TIF members, and i am only 1 of them. I have killed over 1000 Aberant spectres.

I wanted this thread to not be a discussion thread of how Ring of wealth works and i said that in my first post, but it turned out that way because some decided not to listen.

It seems impossible for us players to work together to get some results because Ring of wealth is not that easy to figure. Of course that is true, Ring of wealth is not and i didn't intend to get 100% results but a high possibility of items that may be affected by use of Ring of wealth.

As i also have stated in first post, you could claim a item is being affected based on:

1) Tests you have done

2) Experience

3) Statistics of other players.

4) Monster. Some monsters drops a certain item more than other. Something that's common rare at a boss can be very rare at a normal monster.

And that means you have had to kill many of a monster before you should say "I think X item is affected by Ring of wealth". From there i hoped for more than 5 more players who have killed many of that type monster and agree to that person who claims the monster drops X item more with Ring of wealth.

Also for those who likes to just say "This will fail", of course it will fail if you spread spam saying that. Instead be cooperative and maybe...maybe we could have some decent results for ONCE. Jagex said they would be open about it but they still aren't.

Also what i do not get is, is there a "Very rare" category when it comes to items from Jagex view? Because i have used Ring of wealth at Solo boss kills and i get the least best rare (Shard instead of a hilt).

And...what decides a rare is better than other?

Wow, this was actually really informative. I'll keep that in mind next time I go monster killing.

So every monster has rare drops and the items on this list will vary depending on probably what type/level of monster it is?

Wow, this was actually really informative. I'll keep that in mind next time I go monster killing.

So every monster has rare drops and the items on this list will vary depending on probably what type/level of monster it is?

Most likely that what is rare or very rare is different from monster to monster.

Examples:

KBD and Fire giants

You get a Dragon med much faster at KBD than at Fire giants

Tormented wraith and Ghostly warriors:

You get a Spirit shield much faster at Tormented Wraith than Ghostly warriors.

Abyssal demons and Warped tortoises:

You get a Rune kite so much faster at Warped tortoises than Abyssal demons.

So with a Row I don't have a better chance of a rare item in itself. But a rarer item in the rare list?

Like, with a Row at GWD if I get a rare item I have a better chance of getting a hilt than an armour piece?

Correct.

Not correct.

What happens is each "common rare," has its percentage of drop lowered and each "rare rare," will rise slightly. However, you will still mostly like have more of a chance to recieve a common rare over a rare rare, but not as much as it used to be.

So like the video explained, before the wealth, I had a 65% chance of rune limbs and 2% chance of a visage off iron dragons. With the wealth I now have a 55% chance of rune libms and 4% chance of a visage. So really, I will still most likely get rune limbs, but there's more of a CHANCE to recieve the visage than before.

This is the reason people say the ring of wealth doesn't work. They think it garantees them better drops. What it does is increases the chances slightly to recieve better drops IF they even land on the rare space on the common drops wheel in the first place.

So rares will always be rare. This just makes them very fractionally less rare.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I never figured out why jagex didn't give a detailed explanation of how the ring works. It's hardly like anyone can abuse it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I never figured out why jagex didn't give a detailed explanation of how the ring works. It's hardly like anyone can abuse it.

If Jagex has learned anything, they know they are better off not specifically saying how it works.

Nobody thought you could abuse the PvP system, so Jagex told people how EP and drops are determined. Look where that ended up.

Listing exactly how a ROW works, is like giving us the formula to Barrows. Eventually someone is going to find a way to abuse it.

dawnsigblue-3.png

If Jagex has learned anything, they know they are better off not specifically saying how it works.

Nobody thought you could abuse the PvP system, so Jagex told people how EP and drops are determined. Look where that ended up.

Listing exactly how a ROW works, is like giving us the formula to Barrows. Eventually someone is going to find a way to abuse it.

The difference is that in pvp, you can get a friend to help you game the system, but it's harder to get an npc to cooperate with your plan. If Jagex told us how the ring works, people would use it when it makes sense, and they wouldn't wear it when it doesn't make sense. Not sure how to characterize that as abuse. I suppose that you might see an increase in activity at monsters where the ring really makes sense, but, again, I don't think that would be abuse. My guess is that Jagex simply would prefer that there be some mystery to the drop system. After all, we're supposed to willingly imagine that these monsters that we're "killing" are actually carrying and dropping these items. The more we consciously know about the mathetmatics behind the drops, the harder it is to willingly suspend our disbelief.

punitivedsig.png

83-92 slayer on mages I had drop rate of 1/200 roughly on boots with wealth.

92-99 slayer i had rate of about 1/100 with zerker. this is alot of mage tasks. I find i got far less boots with wealth there personnaly

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Basically ROW does nothing for Aviancies and their adamant bar drops?

Decreases bar drops and gives more daggers.

RoW helps a LOT at aviansies. i've tried a 4k trip with and without RoW and i got 650 more bars with row. :?

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

I think a good place to test 'luck' is at zamorak warriors. They drop alot of rune daggers and occasionally a rune scimitar, the dagger:rune scimitar drop ratio should bend towards the scimitar side a bit more with a ring of wealth. But I guess it's still luck, which is based on randomness, only many thousand kills would truely give unbiased results.

I still find fremmenik rings/ring of life more useful, it's hard to know if it's the ring of wealth 'doing its job' or you just have a luck streak.

So when a monster is killed, the game selects a predefined "list" of items to generate your drop from? So for example, If I killed an Iron Dragon and got Dragon Platelegs, i could have had a chance at a visage from that drop instead of the Platelegs(Them being on the same list) ? Interesting concept.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Okay i just read through some of the replies and i would like to give a huge LOL to this reply:

All whips, all d boots, all visages(1), all sigils(2), all on berserker ring. //hate wealth//

Sigils, Visage and Abyssal whip i don't think is affected by Ring of wealth. However i believe Dragon boots does, as it's a common rare and that really is something i am 95% sure of.

Commom rare? Contradiction much?

Anyway i think the whole Ring of Weath is just a conspiracy. I still believe that this game is luck based and that in no way can you change that luck. I believe all drops are rondomly selected and if you just happen to get a rare while wearing a Wealth then youre lucky, but just as lucky as the guy gets that same rare without having to wear a RoW. Ive had alot of rare drops with and without a RoW and it just seems to me that wearing a RoW actually decreased my chances of getting one.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Okay i just read through some of the replies and i would like to give a huge LOL to this reply:

All whips, all d boots, all visages(1), all sigils(2), all on berserker ring. //hate wealth//

Sigils, Visage and Abyssal whip i don't think is affected by Ring of wealth. However i believe Dragon boots does, as it's a common rare and that really is something i am 95% sure of.

Anyway i think the whole Ring of Weath is just a conspiracy. I still believe that this game is luck based and that in no way can you change that luck. I believe all drops are rondomly selected and if you just happen to get a rare while wearing a Wealth then youre lucky, but just as lucky as the guy gets that same rare without having to wear a RoW. Ive had alot of rare drops with and without a RoW and it just seems to me that wearing a RoW actually decreased my chances of getting one.

You. Did. Not. Read. A. Single. Word. The. Original. Creator. Posted.

lol...sorry, I can just tell you really didn't come into this thread with an open willingness to learn something. The whole point of this is that not all drops are going to be increased by the RoW. Wearing the ring will be beneficial at some monsters and unbeneficial at others. For example, you'll probably be best wearing a wealth at Aquanites because the Amulet of Ranging seems to be their most uncommon drop. However, Silver Ore and Dragonstones are more rare off an Abyssal Demon than a whip, so you'll probably be better off wearing a warrior or an imbued ring there.

Since this thread came out, I've tested the theories in a small amount of monsters while slaying abyssals and aquanites and so far I'm leaning towards the fact that the OC is very right in his assumptions.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

lol...sorry, I can just tell you really didn't come into this thread with an open willingness to learn something. The whole point of this is that not all drops are going to be increased by the RoW. Wearing the ring will be beneficial at some monsters and unbeneficial at others. For example, you'll probably be best wearing a wealth at Aquanites because the Amulet of Ranging seems to be their most uncommon drop. However, Silver Ore and Dragonstones are more rare off an Abyssal Demon than a whip, so you'll probably be better off wearing a warrior or an imbued ring there.

Since this thread came out, I've tested the theories in a small amount of monsters while slaying abyssals and aquanites and so far I'm leaning towards the fact that the OC is very right in his assumptions.

So far i am leaning towards the fact that the RoW is a piece of crap. Ive had 11 Aquanites tasks, thats over 1.6k kills and i earned myself a whopping 1 Amulet. sad to say te amulet was a drop in the one task i decided NOT to wear my RoW. Explain that? As for out "common rare" D Boots, i recieved 4 pairs withing 350 kills also, NOT wearing a wealth. 2 G Mauls in 1 task, NOT wearing a wealth. Dragon legs, NOT wearing a wealth. Every D med ive recieved, NOT wearing a wealth. I would have to say that ive killed more monsters wearing a wealth than i have done NOT wearing one and i can assure you that NOT wearing one is the way to go.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

So far i am leaning towards the fact that the RoW is a piece of crap. Ive had 11 Aquanites tasks, thats over 1.6k kills and i earned myself a whopping 1 Amulet. sad to say te amulet was a drop in the one task i decided NOT to wear my RoW. Explain that? As for out "common rare" D Boots, i recieved 4 pairs withing 350 kills also, NOT wearing a wealth. 2 G Mauls in 1 task, NOT wearing a wealth. Dragon legs, NOT wearing a wealth. Every D med ive recieved, NOT wearing a wealth. I would have to say that ive killed more monsters wearing a wealth than i have done NOT wearing one and i can assure you that NOT wearing one is the way to go.

Lol...right over your head, didn't it?

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

Just because you have had good drop rate/odds without Ring of wealth does not have to mean that ROW don't work. As we all know Ring of wealth have very small percentage effect on drops...

So it's not easy noticeable. Dragon med helmet is a very rare helmet from most monsters expect KBD and some others that i don't know of, so i doubt ROW would help you with that.

But i know this, if you feel confident that a monster drops a common rare (Dragon boots at Spiritiual mages, Rune scimitar/Half keys at Fire giants, Rune items/Half keys from Abyssal demons) and that monster have weak defence then wearing Ring of wealth is best way to go.

Because if the monsters defence is weak, you don't need more attack bonus (Warrior ring (I) for example). But at monsters like Metal dragons, Gargoyles, Black dragons i would go with a Warrior ring (I).

Gargoyle:

Drops Granite maul/Mystic bottom at best - But i get those very rarely so i don't see how these would be common rare drops. Rune full helm and Adamant boots is the only item that seems to be common rare drop and from my view those two is not worth minus -8 Slash attack bonus (Warrior ring Inbued).

Black dragon:

Drops Visage and tons other drops, many of them being Rune items. The items i get mostly is Adamant/Rune javaline, Fire runes, Mithril kiteshield, Rune longsword. Half key drops being very rare. Black dragons also have very big defence so +8 Slash attack bonus will help even more to kill them fast.

Metal dragons:

Drops Dragon platelegs/skirt and Visage at their best. Personally i don't think ROW helps in getting a Visage, maybe it does but i doubt it. Anyhow Metals have high defence so a Warrior ring (I) is way better than ROW from my view, but a Ring of wealth isen't a bad choice at Metals either. But it's up to you:

A small increase in killing or a small increase in chances of rares.

Just because you have had good drop rate/odds without Ring of wealth does not have to mean that ROW don't work. As we all know Ring of wealth have very small percentage effect on drops...

So it's not easy noticeable. Dragon med helmet is a very rare helmet from most monsters expect KBD and some others that i don't know of, so i doubt ROW would help you with that.

But i know this, if you feel confident that a monster drops a common rare (Dragon boots at Spiritiual mages, Rune scimitar/Half keys at Fire giants, Rune items/Half keys from Abyssal demons) and that monster have weak defence then wearing Ring of wealth is best way to go.

Because if the monsters defence is weak, you don't need more attack bonus (Warrior ring (I) for example). But at monsters like Metal dragons, Gargoyles, Black dragons i would go with a Warrior ring (I).

Gargoyle:

Drops Granite maul/Mystic bottom at best - But i get those very rarely so i don't see how these would be common rare drops. Rune full helm and Adamant boots is the only item that seems to be common rare drop and from my view those two is not worth minus -8 Slash attack bonus (Warrior ring Inbued).

Black dragon:

Drops Visage and tons other drops, many of them being Rune items. The items i get mostly is Adamant/Rune javaline, Fire runes, Mithril kiteshield, Rune longsword. Half key drops being very rare. Black dragons also have very big defence so +8 Slash attack bonus will help even more to kill them fast.

Metal dragons:

Drops Dragon platelegs/skirt and Visage at their best. Personally i don't think ROW helps in getting a Visage, maybe it does but i doubt it. Anyhow Metals have high defence so a Warrior ring (I) is way better than ROW from my view, but a Ring of wealth isen't a bad choice at Metals either. But it's up to you:

My question still remains how can you be sure that the ring is increasing your "luck" or whatever you wish to call it? How can you be sure that the Row made you get the better drop and not just pure luck? Lets say you kill 5 thousand of a certain monster. For 2500 you wear a RoW and for 2500 you dont. In the 2500 while not wearing a RoW you recieve 100 Rares, 10 of which is the highest quality rare that monster has to offer and you get 100 rares while wearing wearing the ring and 3 of them are the highest quality rare what exactly proves that it was infact the ring that made you get the better drop and no just pure dumb luck? I recieved one of the rarest drops from fire giants while not wearing a RoW (Dragonstone), so who's to say i even need a RoW then? And you mention D Med being very rare yet ive gotten them as a drop from fire giants more than a few times while not wearing a RoW. I just dont understand how you can believe in something that has no proof, no statistics to back it up. Sure over a 1000 kills the RoW might prove to be better, but then again why not try 100k kills and get back to me? Believing in a RoW is like believing in a god. There is no such thing. Youre just having false hope in something because someone told you its better.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Gargoyle:

Black dragon:

Metal dragons:

My question still remains how can you be sure that the ring is increasing your "luck" or whatever you wish to call it? How can you be sure that the Row made you get the better drop and not just pure luck? Lets say you kill 5 thousand of a certain monster. For 2500 you wear a RoW and for 2500 you dont. In the 2500 while not wearing a RoW you recieve 100 Rares, 10 of which is the highest quality rare that monster has to offer and you get 100 rares while wearing wearing the ring and 3 of them are the highest quality rare what exactly proves that it was infact the ring that made you get the better drop and no just pure dumb luck? I recieved one of the rarest drops from fire giants while not wearing a RoW (Dragonstone), so who's to say i even need a RoW then? And you mention D Med being very rare yet ive gotten them as a drop from fire giants more than a few times while not wearing a RoW. I just dont understand how you can believe in something that has no proof, no statistics to back it up. Sure over a 1000 kills the RoW might prove to be better, but then again why not try 100k kills and get back to me? Believing in a RoW is like believing in a god. There is no such thing. Youre just having false hope in something because someone told you its better.

I can't be exactly sure if the Ring of wealth have worked on a certain item or not. Like you said yourself you need to do thousands kills and test it to be 100%.

But i do know that Ring of wealth gives a small percentage of a common rare drop and i stick to that because i have experienced that i get alot rares that's common at monsters.

First of all Dragonstone and Dragon med helmet is a "Very rare" drop from Fire giants. I have worn Ring of wealth at Fire giants and i have gotten Dragon med over 4 times, and Dragonstone at least once.

But i base my assumption that the moderator in the quote (First post) said that the Ring of wealth gives a small increase of a common rare. A common rare is something that's called a "Rare", and not a "Very rare".

Dragon medium helmet drop from Fire giants is very rare

Dragon medium helmet drop from KBD is rare

So i dare to say that items that is rare and common is different from monster to monster. Another example:

Rune kiteshield drop from Warped tortoises is rare

Rune kiteshield drop from Abyssal demons is very rare

I'll say it again, i don't think Ring of wealth helped you get a Dragonstone or Dragon medium helmets from Fire giants because as i have said that is not a "common rare". It's very rare of Fire giants to drop those...

Ring of wealth have a small percentage of increasing a "common rare":

Dragon boots - Spiritual mage

Rune full helm - Abertant spectres/Gargoyles/Greater demons

Rune boots - Nechryls

Rune kiteshield - Warped tortoise

Rune pickaxe - Warped tortoise

Rune scimitar - Fire giants

Half keys - Fire giants/Abyssal demons

Dragon medium helmet - King black dragon

Shield left half - King black dragon

Godsword shards - GWD bosses

Rune longsword - Spiritual warrior

Rune halberd - Spiritual warrior

Rune kite - Spiritual warrior

And so on...

A good monster to test Ring of wealth at Spiritual warriors:

Player A kills 10K without Ring of wealth

Player B kills 10K with Ring of wealth

Testing of:

1) If Ring of wealth increase chance of a common rare and not a better quality rare. I keep hearing from others that Ring of wealth increases chance of a better rare, but i doubt that. I always get common rares, and even moderator have stated it helps with a common rare..

2) How big effect/percentage the Ring of wealth helps with.