Ring of wealth "Rare" List

Dire_Wolf

OK the Ring of wealth is a frustrating item. There have been many discussion topics about it, and this one here will be different type. We will try to reveal the items that have high possibility of being affected by using a Ring of wealth. We should base that on the statement of a Moderator on RSOF. I do not know who that Moderator is, i found that Quote at Sal realm forum somewhere. It's not new post i am sure of, but it's relevant to this topic. Notice last thing the moderator said/typed.

EDIT: I also added a video proof.

[yt]TEmCAdUi_4k[/yt]

I figured I can help you out with this one, we asked this on the maxed out forums too; this is what Mod Mark replied:

"Ring of wealth.

This effects like likelihood of getting specific objects. It does not make every drop in the game more generous. We are currently redesigning the way the ring of wealth works. We are aware we need to continue to update its effects and be more open about its uses. We did make some improvements when we released the jewelery update (when we introduced the bracelets to the game) which effected its general use, and we need to do so again. I cant list the objects here.

Heres what the postbag said a few years ago. The "second wheel" contains the rare objects.

1) If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun should** thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

My analogy is flawed, for death is not like roulette, but I hope that thou see the truth within this."

And

"Ring of Wealth. Sorry, I really cant produce the list. But no, its doesn't effect the rate of things like big trophy fish or heads. Think more along the lines of standard "rare" drops rather than specific drops for specific creatures."

So, it increases the chance of getting a common rare drop when you are going to get a rare drop.

Other Quotes:

Here is a list of what a Ring Of Wealth doesn't and does do.

* The Ring of wealth does not increase the chance of getting a clue scroll from any monster (this has been confirmed multiple times), and it does not increase the chance of getting a more valuable item at the end of the Treasure Trail or from the Barrows minigame.

* Contrary to popular belief, the Ring of Wealth does NOT affect drops while LootShare is on. The chances of getting a drop increases every time someone else in a clan gets a drop.

* It DOES NOT increase the drop rate of a Draconic visage.

* Ring of wealth DOES NOT increase your PvP drop.

* Also, the Ring of wealth has been rumoured to actually lower the chances of getting a clue scroll. This is not true.

* It is also rumoured that the ring is glitched and it gives you worse drops. Therefore, these days in runescape people will sell it to you for round 10k.

* Players say that the Ring of wealth decreases your chance of getting a Defender from the Warriors' Guild. This is not true - it doesn't affect the chance of getting the drop at all.

The Draconic Visage itself may actually be what is known as a "Bonus" Item. Or an item that is dropped in addition to a regular drop. Some more examples of Bonus Items are: Clue Scrolls, Champion Scrolls, Long Bones, Slayer Heads. All of these items have been proven to be immune to the affects of the ROW. If it's true that the Draconic Visage IS a Bonus Item, then one could apply the principle that no Bonus Item is affected by the ROW and get an answer that way.

Secondly, even though the ROW only helps to get rare drops by a very small percent, with a Drop Rate so low (1/8000-1/10000) even a small increase would help immensely in the kills needed. Through a lot of killing there doesn't seem to be any noticeable decrease to the amount of kills needed.

Since the visage is an 'on the side' drop like charms/clues, theres reason to believe the RoW won't actually influence the visage itself. However, again, it can't hurt the chance either, so I'd advise wearing one regardless.

OK before you post a comment, please make sure it's not about if Ring of wealth works or not but about if the Ring of wealth works on a certain item.

So no posts about "Does Ring of wealth really work?", focus on what you think might have high possibility to work on based on:

1) Tests you have done

2) Experience

3) Statistics of other players.

4) Monster. Some monsters drops a certain item more than other. Something that's common rare at a boss can be very rare at a normal monster.

To make this thread clean and relevant please follow this guideline before you post

1) You can post a comment where you discuss a items possibility of being affected by Ring of wealth and if you got alot of people supporting you i will add it to list.

2) You make a post where you agree/disagree to someone claiming a item is possibly affected by Ring of wealth.

[hide=Ring of wealth List]Items that have high possibility to be affected by Ring of wealth:

Rune full helm (Aberant spectre)[/hide]

Items I think may possibly be affected by Ring of wealth:

Godsword shards

Dragon boots

Rune boots

Spirit shield (Tormented demons/Corporeal beast, not Ghostly warriors)

Rune longsword/kite/halberd (Spiritual warriors, could be different from other monsters)

Rune scimitar (Fire giants)

So if you agree or disagree with the items i suggested, then please say so.

Thanks for reading, i hope we can use our experience when it comes to drops and use it to decide what items have high possibility of being affected by Ring of wealth.

Quotes source:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/i ... try3219695

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All whips, all d boots, all visages(1), all sigils(2), all on berserker ring. //hate wealth//

Sigils, Visage and Abyssal whip i don't think is affected by Ring of wealth. However i believe Dragon boots does, as it's a common rare and that really is something i am 95% sure of.

This turned into a new thread?

Kule!

I thought mainly all rares were affected, except for those which had statements from Jagex such as the Visage.

With so many rings on the list to be used, we should focus on what we think Ring of wealth works on. If we can do that, then we know when we should use Ring of wealth.

And at monsters that very hard to tell if Ring of wealth works, we can just leave that alone. The thread i made at Help and Advice gave me idea of this thread.

Kule!

I thought mainly all rares were affected, except for those which had statements from Jagex such as the Visage.

With so many rings on the list to be used, we should focus on what we think Ring of wealth works on. If we can do that, then we know when we should use Ring of wealth.

And at monsters that very hard to tell if Ring of wealth works, we can just leave that alone. The thread i made at Help and Advice gave me idea of this thread.

The only problem here is that we are testing luck.

One of the only things i can think of that will never be certain :|

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

Kule!

The only problem here is that we are testing luck.

One of the only things i can think of that will never be certain :|

I am 100% sure there is many players who share same opinion as me when i say that Ring of wealth have a very high possibility of affecting Dragon boots drop from Spiritual mage.

It's items like that we will try to reveal.

It seems to me that there's a significant increase in rune full helms from abberant spectres while wearing a ring of wealth. 90 kills with the ring netted me an average of 1 helm for each 15 kills. Without ROW (the next 90) I received 1 helm for each 30 kills. I should do some more tests, and I'll throw pictures in, but I believe it was highly effected by the ROW, or I could just have been having a good day.

MOmmonja.png

It seems to me that there's a significant increase in rune full helms from abberant spectres while wearing a ring of wealth. 90 kills with the ring netted me an average of 1 helm for each 15 kills. Without ROW (the next 90) I received 1 helm for each 30 kills. I should do some more tests, and I'll throw pictures in, but I believe it was highly effected by the ROW, or I could just have been having a good day.

No i have used Ring of wealth alot there, and i have gotten alot common rares. Where my record of Rune full helms being 6 of them in 1 task!

So i will add that to list. <3: Thanks for your help.

In my opinion it only seems to help me with rune item drops. I personally believe it doesn't help at all with Black Mask drops. I'm testing how well it works at Aquanites at the moment. I'd personally prefer wearing a stat boosting ring, especially an imbued ring. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

No i have used Ring of wealth alot there, and i have gotten alot common rares. Where my record of Rune full helms being 6 of them in 1 task!

I've had 7 rune full helms there without a ROW.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

All whips, all d boots, all visages(1), all sigils(2), all on berserker ring. //hate wealth//

Sigils, Visage and Abyssal whip i don't think is affected by Ring of wealth. However i believe Dragon boots does, as it's a common rare and that really is something i am 95% sure of.

He's saying he used a berserker ring for all his whips, boots, visages, sigils...

w4M8t.png

He's saying he used a berserker ring for all his whips, boots, visages, sigils...

And i said that his abyssal whips, visage, sigils would not be affected even if he used Row.

I've had 7 rune full helms there without a ROW.

Who said you can't have good drop rate without a Ring of wealth?

Point: Rune full helm is a common rare at Aberant spectre and even without Ring of wealth you can have good drop rate, and i believe Ring of wealth affects it. Because it's a drop that is seldom dropped.

TDs don't drop spirit shields.

However, I think the RoW works at tormented demons; I've got 3 solo claws and 1 solo shard within 116 kills there wearing a RoW.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

TDs don't drop spirit shields.

However, I think the RoW works at tormented demons; I've got 3 solo claws and 1 solo shard within 116 kills there wearing a RoW.

I meant Tormented wraiths sorry.

If you want, I could try ask and get the graphics team at Jagex to show a roulette wheel of examples of "rare" and how it works because some people don't still seem to understand how it works.

Chances are they won't do it, but I'm sure if they did they could put it in their own knowledge base.

If you want, I could try ask and get the graphics team at Jagex to show a roulette wheel of examples of "rare" and how it works because some people don't still seem to understand how it works.

Chances are they won't do it, but I'm sure if they did they could put it in their own knowledge base.

That would be very helpful.

Earlier today I got my first dragon skirt from steel dragons while wearing a wealth. Yesterday I received an amulet of ranging in less than 20 kills wearing a wealth. Who knows if it actually played a role in my drops, but I'll stick with it.

Before you call me a lucky bastard, note that my best drop before yesterday had been my one and only d med (wearing RoW). *hopes lucky streak continues*

cliffside1ra5.png

It doesn't improve your chances of getting a rare drop, it just increases your chances of getting a GOOD rare drop. If you bring a RoW to GW, you won't get a better chance of getting a rare item. Rather, you'll get a better chance of getting a hilt instead of a shard. Similarly, at TDs, it'll improve your chances of getting ruined dragon metal than claws, since Jagex made the ruined dragon metal rarer and was intending for it to be more expensive.

77yLQy8.png

Similarly, at TDs, it'll improve your chances of getting ruined dragon metal than claws, since Jagex made the ruined dragon metal rarer and was intending for it to be more expensive.

Well then they really messed up.

Similarly, at TDs, it'll improve your chances of getting ruined dragon metal than claws, since Jagex made the ruined dragon metal rarer and was intending for it to be more expensive.

yeah, what went wrong there? I've td'd loads and my claws:shard rate is like 4:1, I wasn't playing when it all came out though so was it just that plate is useless?

I personally am a die hard ROW fan and wear it everywhere besides lootshare trips and minigames. I'd rather have that hilt than a shard or something.

yeah, what went wrong there? I've td'd loads and my claws:shard rate is like 4:1, I wasn't playing when it all came out though so was it just that plate is useless?

Jagex underestimated the rate at which players could kill tormented demons and make them drop the plate pieces very often. Well days later they went in and adjusted this to make them rarer than claws.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Please do, a lot of people just think "if I wear a ring of wealth at abyssals I'll get more whips!! :thumbsup: "

:wall:

Sumondskull6.png