What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Shanghai Express Mystery is what this movie is all about. The lighting is just fantastic. There's a scene that you can compare very well with a movie made a year or two ago: the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, it has got a very good train robery scene, but it doesn't even come close to the train scene in this movie. The out of this world lighting also gives a great contrast with the almost hyperrealistic sets of this movie, if I didn't know better I would've said it was shot on location. I don't think Marlene would ever look better than in this movie. Some good quotes too. "When I needed your faith, you withheld it; and now, when I don't need it, and don't deserve it, you give it to me." and even better: It took more than one man to change my name to Shanghai Lily...Imagine it with her accent.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

John Pinette- I'm Starvin'!- OK, so it isn't really a movie. But it is definitely worth watching. I've seen it a dozen times and still laugh hysterically.

Die Hard- I watched the entire series over the last few days, and I just love them. John McClain against the world time and time again.

Lethal Weapon- Another series of movies I watched recently, I don't like them as much, but they are still among my favourites.

I know what you mean. I used to love this show, but I stranded somewhere in the middle of series 5 and never finished watching it. The characters and story line had veered off way too far and I couldn't bear watching them destroy themselves any further. I just didn't recognize the characters I used to love anymore, it all turned so... soap opera. Ultimately, I think only series 1 kicked major a**, after that the writing went downhill slowly but steadily.

Edit: 'pologies for the doublish post.

Yep, slowly went downhill the entire time.

Eagle vs Shark - Well this was interesting. Kind of makes me want to move to New Zealand.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

As in every holocaust memorial day (in my country) there was another holocaust movie on TV last night.Die Fälscher (The Counterfeiters) - wasn't bad but the overall wasn't that effective either. There was something very familier in the way the story was build and no real development of the charactors.

The Pianist, which was on last year was better imo.

Tank Girl- I love this movie, but I haven't a clue as to why. I guess it just makes me laugh.

These 2, I saw Saturday and forgot about:

17 Again- I was surprised that I didn't hate this movie. I don't really like anybody in it.

Fired Up- This one I went in expecting to like, and was only slightly disappointed. It was almost as good as I had hoped, but I guess my hopes were just a little too high.

angeltompkins.jpg

The Teacher A bit like The Reader, but more fun. I've always had a secret fantasy for older women, and this movie pleases a lot with the lovely Angel Tompkins. <3: I also loved the theme song of the movie

21o4pav.jpg

I just watched 'Paid in Full' on tv. It was filled with every gangster-rap cliche there is but it was entertaining enough. Wood Harris (Avon from the Wire) was pretty decent in it, Cam'ron was almost passable as an actor (he said 'man' a bit too much though. I think a lot of my interest in it was really because it was based on the true story of Alpo, Azie Faison and Rich Porter who were infamous Harlem drug dealers in the 80's.

On a sadder note, Jack Cardiff died today. He was one of the great British cinematographers for anyone interested, he shot many Powell and Pressburger's films.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - light weight entertainment,nothing more.I am not sure if it wasn't Allen's movie (with Cruz and Johansson) it would have get that attention.my girl enjoyed it though.

Then you think this movie could have been made by somebody else?

The day before yesterday I saw The Boat that rocked. It's about rock and roll radio in the sixties, from a pirate ship somewhere on the north sea (I think?). They do their best, but the movie kind of fails. Strange thing is that it is still kind of charming. But if you want a good drama-comedy that's taking place on a boat get The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou.

21o4pav.jpg

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - light weight entertainment,nothing more.I am not sure if it wasn't Allen's movie (with Cruz and Johansson) it would have get that attention.my girl enjoyed it though.

Then you think this movie could have been made by somebody else?

No, this movie has some of the typical Woody Allen elements (verbal charctors who likes to examine their feelings aloud) if thats what you were asking.

What i actually meant is that beside the nice views of Barcelona and the sexy cast there is nothing much in this movie imo.

Stereotyped charectors(Juan/Bardem) with no real build-up (especiely Cristina/Johansson),not a single memorable scene, no sharp dialogues..since you dont relate to the charectors, at a certain point you realy dont care what will happen with them.

Perhaps its a girls movie (my sister also liked it).

Waiting... my friends hated it but I laughed my [wagon] off

That one was pretty funny. I laughed a lot, myself.

The Goonies- A bunch of kids outwitting bad guys whle searching for treasure to save their own house? What's not to like?

The Accidental Spy- Jackie Chan is one of my favourite actors, so I'm probably a little biased but this movie entertained me.