What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Sherlock Holmes - 8/10. Plot was ok, acting was good, especially Jude law, and the music/sound was amazing.

Avatar - 7/10 Visually impressive and dramatically dull. Predictable and rushed.

The Lovely Bones - 10/10. Phenomenal movie, best I've seen in years, though from what I read of reviews most don't share that opinion. The fact that PJ made a movie with Mark Wahlberg in it and he didn't ruin it is very impressive ;)

Brothers - 8.5/10. Kind of creepy/depressing, but very well done. Toby Mcguire wasn't as silly and as he usually is.

Princess and the Frog - 8.5/10. Nice to see Disney going back to 2d animation, was very interesting and the songs were great(something lacking in recent Disney movies)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Please, do go on my good sir.

The one I was thinking of in particular was MirrorMask, but it apparently doesn't have the surreal tag on IMDb, so I may just not be getting the difference between fantasy and surrealism. A quick google search does have it on a few surreal lists, as well as some other fantasy movies. The line is just blurred. But I think it is in the same vein as Spirited Away, and actually the rest of Miyazaki's is pretty much like it too. I prefer Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, then probably Princess Mononoke and then Spirited Away in third of Miyazaki's movies.

For live action surrealism you might as well start with one of the early surrealist films (and probably the most popular): Un Chien Andalou. There are many that people really, really like and are good movies but I just don't get into as much like Fellini's 8 1/2 and La Dolce Vita; Lynch's Eraserhead and Blue Velvet; Bela Tarr's Werckmeister Harmonies; ect... They are good movies and everything, I just don't enjoy them as much. I would suggest something like Emir Kusturica's Underground or Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker for foreign surreal movies. Although Stalker is just considered sci-fi, it really seems surrealist to me.

There are also a few Hollywood surreal movies, and by that I mean they are fairly popular and may not seem quite as surreal as you want. This would be the movies of Terry Gilliam, Darren Aronofsky, David Lynch ect... A few individual ones would be Donnie Darko, Pan's Labyrinth, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Wristcutters, Big Fish. A few those are probably just fantasy.

Summary: just check out MirrorMask and see how you like it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Avatar 3D- I had to buy popcorn which caused me to be late. I had to sit the front seats which pisses me off to no end. If the visuals are that impressive then I did not notice it because is really hard to see the full screen. The story is lacking obviously, in the end I thought the movie is horrible.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

The last movie I saw was almost 2 months ago now. It was Avatar3D. I loved all the special effects and just the planet Pandora in general. As mentioned before, the movie lacked a unique story, but the effects, especially 3D, made up for that.

I was quite disappointed in the lack of things flying at me, most of all.

dear john, when in rome, valentine's day or the wolfman for this sunday?

I'm seeing three of those this weekend :XD: I vote for either Valentine's Day or Dear John. But the ending of Dear John (assuming the movie is the same as the book) is disappointing imo, so maybe Valentine's Day.

I saw The Lightning Thief last night.. very different from the book, but I enjoyed it :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I saw Dear John tonight. Not great. The ending was even worse than the book in one aspect but better in another aspect. Not sure what I expected from this movie but I think I was hoping for a little more.

Also today I watched The Devil Wears Prada and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, both of which I had seen before.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

damn you go to the theatre a lot ;)

Only when there are movies out that interest me! :P

Posted Image

The last movie I saw was almost 2 months ago now. It was Avatar3D. I loved all the special effects and just the planet Pandora in general. As mentioned before, the movie lacked a unique story, but the effects, especially 3D, made up for that.

The 3D effects were incredible, but subtle. You weren't meant to have things flying at you but... I dunno how to explain this properly... there was more depth, so things in the background seemed further away and things in the foreground seemed closer to you.

Avatar was the last one I saw in the cinema, really enjoyed that. Yesterday I had a bit of a filmfest too, watched Up which I liked far more than I'd expected, then watched Superbad and Juno for the first time - I thought Superbad was good if a little overrated, and Juno was just complete [cabbage].

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

The 3D effects were incredible, but subtle. You weren't meant to have things flying at you but... I dunno how to explain this properly... there was more depth, so things in the background seemed further away and things in the foreground seemed closer to you.

Yeah, the effects were amazing, I agree. The depth was awesome. But it was the first 3D movie I watched that didn't have things fly at the viewers. It was disappointing.

I watched I Love You , Beth Cooper- it wasn't bad, pretty funny. 6.5/10

I saw Valentine's Day tonight. Pretty cute movie :lol: Totally cliché of course but I enjoyed it. Some funny parts too.

Posted Image

Februari

Films

37. bios.pngMy Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done (Werner Herzog, 2009) :: 8.5

38. bios.pngUn prophète (Jacques Audiard, 2009) :: 1.0

39. bios.pngL'enfer d'Henri-Georges Clouzot (Serge Bromberg, Ruxandra Medrea, 2009) :: 8.0

40. dvd.pngChugyeogja (Hong-jin Na, 2008) :: 7.0

41. dvd.pngUnderworld U.S.A. (Samuel Fuller, 1961) :: 8.5

42. dvd.pngBlonde and Blonder (Dean Hamilton, 2007) :: 6.0

43. dvd.pngThe House Bunny (Fred Wolf, 2008) :: 8.0

44. dvd.pngCasablanca (Michael Curtiz, 1942) eye.gif :: 9.5

45. dvd.pngTo Have and Have Not (Howard Hawks, 1944) eye.gif :: 10.0

46. dvd.pngStar Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (Irvin Kershner, 1980) eye.gif :: 9.0

Haven't seen much this month (so far). Went to the Rotterdam Film Festival for one day. "My Son, My Son...", the new Herzog movie was really good. He did this together with Lynch, and you can really see that (although you have to wonder how big his influence really is, since Herzog is quite strange himself). I really hated Un Prophete. It's messy, ugly, 'raw' (since that seems to be interested these days), long and overal plain uninteresting. It adds nothing to the, already very boring, genre of the european art/crime-movie. Inferno was a pretty cool documentary about Inferno, a movie that was never made by Clouzot (Diaboliques, Wages of Fear). Chugyeogja (the Chaser) was alright. I'm not really into those Korean crime-thrillers. Often they aren't very efficient, and when it comes to drama they fail, hard. Loads of slow-motion and dramatic music, you know the deal. What they lack in drama they make up in comedy though. It's entertaining, but not really 'my cup of tea'. Underworld USA was a pretty cool Fuller crime story. Blonde and Blonder, I really liked the title and the cover of the DVD. The movie succeeds in exploiting the image of the two bimbos (Pam and Denise Richards), but after 15 minutes I kind of had it with that, luckily it's not completely boring and every now and then there's a good joke to make it watchable. The House Bunny was a lot better. I have a weakness for characters that struggle with themselves. Especially when it's done in such a light and not-pretentious way. Because of a lack of obvious drama the viewer isn't steered in any direction and you can just experience the movie in the way you want to do it. Which supports the message of the movie in a brilliant way. Recommended. Since I'm sick I've rewatched a couple of favorites. Starting with Casablanca, which is very cool of course and has a lot of classics lines and what not. I prefer the Hawks classic To Have and Have Not, though. It feels less artificial, and the romance between Bogey and Bacall is so much better than Bogey and Bergman. Also saw the Empire Strikes Back, which is still my favorite Star Wars movie, together with Ep. 1.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Two movies tonight:

The Rock - Epic movie, great cast. Even though the ending was pretty obvious, it still had me totally anxious and worked up.

The Time Traveler's Wife - I saw it in theaters and it recently came out on DVD/blu ray so I watched it again tonight. Pretty cute/sad movie.

Posted Image

Twelve Monkeys - Terry Gilliam's best work. Yes, better than the Monty Python stuff, Fear and Loathing, Brazil, all of it. He didn't write 12M like the others so maybe it shouldn't count. Still it is an awesome movie. I actually started out watching the commentary, but they weren't all that interesting and I really wanted to see the movie again apparently. So about 10 minutes in I started over.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Just watched Pitch Black. Pretty awesome movie :P It was intense and there were actually a few lines that made me laugh :XD:

Posted Image

Saw When in Rome with a friend. Was cute, but of course was a little too copy paste for me.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The Blair Witch Project, was pretty lame tbh.

I thought it was lame too. For a while everyone was gawking about it, going on and on about how good and sooooo scary it was.. I watched it and it didn't interest me at all. It wasn't scary, it was just boring D:

Posted Image

The Blair Witch Project, was pretty lame tbh.

I thought it was lame too. For a while everyone was gawking about it, going on and on about how good and sooooo scary it was.. I watched it and it didn't interest me at all. It wasn't scary, it was just boring D:

Yeah I heard rumors of it being cool years ago, and my flatmate and I decided to get it out. No sign of a witch, and that stupid girl was so annoying. And I can't believe they panicked so much after they thought they were going to late by one day or something. And the whole thing about it being based on real footage or whatever seemed pretty [cabbage] to me.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Just watched Pitch Black. Pretty awesome movie :P It was intense and there were actually a few lines that made me laugh :XD:

That one was pretty awesome. I've seen it about half a dozen times, now.

I watched Meet the Spartans- I know, I'm a little late, but it had some moments I found quite amusing. 7/10

Have you ever seen The Chronicles of Rid[bleep]? (the third movie). I like that one more than PB, although they are both good. ulak blades ftw :thumbsup:

I remember watching this movie a while back, it was about some professor lady applying for a project/job somewhere... and she had to watch this recording of 4 people in a room, taking a survey. There were 4 people, 3 men and a woman, and the project leader came in and asked them a few questions, and then shot the woman in the head, and quickly left, locking the other 3 in the room. The men started freaking out, etc etc. and eventually they killed one more person, and that is all I can remember, since I feel asleep. But I remember the end being about finding "true American patriots", and them finding people who are willing to die for their country, and one of the aspects of the project was designing a suit (bodyglove) made of c4, so they can make american terrorists.It was freaky :blink: I can't remember the name though...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!