What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Wristcutters - It was alright. The concept was cool, but the characters didn't have to be so.... uhh. Everybody was like Marla from Fight Club.

Reservoir Dogs - I simply thought Pulp Fiction had a lot more to offer. Still a decent film though, especially the opening scene.

No Country for Old Men - Very good movie. Loved the symbolism. I'd even go as far as saying it's a new favorite of mine.

The Hangover - Fun movie to watch. Enough said.

Daybreakers - Eh, it's one of those vampire flicks, only on the verge of humanity going extinct. Lots of fire, explosions, cars, and darkness, and a huge cliffhanger ending. Not as good as I heard it to be.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Catch Me If You Can - I really enjoyed it :lol:

I haven't watched many other movies lately because I have been having House and Heroes marathons.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Sherlock Holmes :D

Amazing film! Very well made, well structured storyline and great acting! In my personal opinion, it could have done with a bit more humour, but not in your face humour, wouldn't suit it, subtle humour would have made it for me.

homerandfatov1.jpg

Into the Wild: I can't believe more people haven't seen this, it really is an amazing movie. Really makes you think about your life

I've seen that movie a few times and read the book. It is very good!

Inside Man - Pretty good. Had a nice ending.

I LOVE the ending! :D It's very satisfying.

I think I'll be watching The Hangover tonight. I haven't seen it yet.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Dawn of the Dead (2004) - Pretty damn good. It's the closest thing out there to just abandoning story and having all-out zombie carnage. 7/10

Halloween (1978) - I went in expecting an amazing slasher flick. What I got was a decent slasher flick. It's alright, but it was a little slow for me. And really, they use music at the most unnecessary times. 5.5/10

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Blade - quite liked this one. First vampire movie I had seen. [As in, I'm watching it again]. 7/10

Blade II - full of cliches and recycled one liners, but good nonetheless. 6/10

The Island - Seen it for the 2nd or 3rd time, really liked it, but towards the end it fizzled out. 7/10

Minority Report - Crap. 2/10

Road To El Dorado - I watched this when I was like 9 or 10 one of my favourite "KIDS" movies of all time. Has interesting and clever dialogue, hilarious characters, etc... 9/10.

Road To El Dorado - I watched this when I was like 9 or 10 one of my favourite "KIDS" movies of all time. Has interesting and clever dialogue, hilarious characters, etc... 9/10.

YES!!! :D I love this movie.

"We'll follow that trail!"

"What trail?"

"The trail… THAT WE BLAZE!"

"THAT trail that we blaze!"

or

"I am Miguel.

And I am Tulio.

And they call us Miguel and Tulio!"

A lot of good laughs in that movie :P I have it on DVD at home.. but not at uni :(

Posted Image

Going through a phase of watching London criminal films at the minute. Watched Layer Cake, Snatch and Rock 'n' Rolla this weekend. Gonna watch Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels tomorrow.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I'm game as I watch a ton of film.

Today I saw Book of Eli - went in expecting little - came out f***king amazed. - One of my favorite movies in a long time.

Then I watched the Uninvited (2009) - Was a kind of a meh movie. decent plot twists - but the acting was sort of subpar I thought

Next up 1980 Boogeyman - the chick who stabbed herself to death with the scissors was hot. But it was a above average slasher (Some of the deaths are great, some are lol worthy) and....the whole ending (won't spoil it) sort of ruined the whole movie for me. Like it was above average until the last 5 minutes, then it went between average and "Wtf were these guys smoking".

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Haven't been to the cinema in ages lol. But i saw The Island on TV last night, it is actually a good thought provoking movie like "A.I" with an awesome story set in the future, I recommend it. It seems to have a pretty realistic portrayal of the future which sets the mood for the movie. It also has Scarlett Johannsen and Ewan Mcgregor. idk how to spell them lol

360 GT: hotdogstandyeah

25. internet.pngPark Row (Samuel Fuller, 1952) :: 9.0

26. dvd.pngPickup on South Street (Samuel Fuller, 1953) eye.gif :: 8.5

27. bluray.pngPlay Time (Jacques Tati, 1967) eye.gif :: 10.0

28. bluray.pngEl orfanato (Juan Antonio Bayona, 2007) :: 6.0

It was Cinemageddon weekend (a sort of movie club we've got). It's a somebody's place who has got a HD-Beamer, so it was a cinema-like experience. No movies are better for the big screen than Fuller's, so it really was a joy. I loved Park Row, a bit of an obscure Fuller, but one of his best. You can clearly see that the movie's subject is very close to him, since is such a passionate film. A perfect example of the Sam Fuller "Emotionpicture: . Pickup used to be one of my fav. Fuller movies, but after watching that fantastic Park Row it did seem a little bit less impressiv, it's very slick and smooth, you can clearly see it's a studio movie. Still a lot of Fuller greatness, the dialogue is fantastic, the classic scene with Thelma Ritter is so brilliant that it has got to be one of the most touching moments in the history of cinema, and Richard Windmark is incredible as well. After that we saw Tati's Play Time on blu-ray on the big screen, which was a dream come true. I always rated this movie 10 out of 10, but I think I should make that at least 15 out of 10. Saw El Orfanato somewhere else yesterday night, and it was a bit of a dissapointment. I'm not too keen on these paranormal flicks, and this one wasn't very exciting either. Kind of boring, some good moments though, and it didn't really tick me off, so that's good too. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

YES!!! :D I love this movie.

"We'll follow that trail!"

"What trail?"

"The trail THAT WE BLAZE!"

"THAT trail that we blaze!"

or

"I am Miguel.

And I am Tulio.

And they call us Miguel and Tulio!"

A lot of good laughs in that movie :P I have it on DVD at home.. but not at uni :(

Glad to see someone else has heard of it.

Tulio is [bleep]ing hilarious. Like on the ship, his plan of getting back to Spain. And apparantly El Dorado is native for great big ROCK. In the ocean "were you about to say "worse" ?

Oh, dont forget Miguel - All riiight, CUBA !

I'm making myself look like a 8 year old who has had too many Fruit Loops. :wall:

Tulio is [bleep]ing hilarious. Like on the ship, his plan of getting back to Spain. And apparantly El Dorado is native for great big ROCK. In the ocean "were you about to say "worse" ?

I'm making myself look like a 8 year old who has had too many Fruit Loops. :wall:

Yeah most people actually haven't seen (or even heard) of that animated movie. It's awesome though. And you're right, Tulio is great :lol: And don't worry, you've got nothing on me. I own all the best Disney/Dreamworks/Pixar movies and watch them on a regular basis :P *is an 8 year old at heart*

Posted Image

Yeah most people actually haven't seen (or even heard) of that animated movie. It's awesome though. And you're right, Tulio is great :lol: And don't worry, you've got nothing on me. I own all the best Disney/Dreamworks/Pixar movies and watch them on a regular basis :P *is an 8 year old at heart*

Yes, it is. Songs are better than most other animated films. I feel like this has devolved into a two way pat on the back. [No, you're the best. No, you. No, no, you are.]

I only have a few "kids" films. But I feel that Road to El Dorado isn't a normal movie. Much better than any other kids' film I've seen. Not like Pixar where they try to be overly mawkish... and I much prefer traditional animation to Pixar's computer stuff.

Still in terms of stories :

Pixar > Dreamworks > Disney

I think the best back-and-forth is when Miguel and Tulio are talking about Chel. Many of the "references" would go over childrens heads and the older people would chuckle.

That little voice - if you had one, what would it say ?

Chel ... is ... off limits ?

Bravo !

I think the best back-and-forth is when Miguel and Tulio are talking about Chel. Many of the "references" would go over childrens heads and the older people would chuckle.

That's what I love about these movies. You watch them all when you're a kid and they have an innocent, fairy tale-like meaning, then you watch them again when they're older and you pick up on all the humour that went over your head the first time :lol:

And that is a good line ;) Then Chel totally seduces him later. Hard to believe the things that they put in kids movies sometimes! :lol:

Posted Image

I'm really starting to wish I had seen more of that movie... I saw the first bit of it at my aunt's one day before I had to go home. That was a while ago, though.

I watched Journey to the Center of the Earth last night, followed by The Love Guru. I don't know why, but I enjoyed them both. Enough to buy them, in fact.

I watched Journey to the Center of the Earth last night, followed by The Love Guru. I don't know why, but I enjoyed them both. Enough to buy them, in fact.

Haha I quite enjoyed Journey to the Center of the Earth. It didn't get brilliant ratings on imdb or anything, but I thought it was a fun movie :XD: I also like Brendan Fraser. I think that's one reason why I saw the movie in the first place. I'd like to read the book sometime.

I'm itching to watch Lord of the Rings. I have a bit of homework though so I'm not sure if I'll get around to it tonight. I *still* have to watch The Hangover too! I've been caught up in Heroes.

Posted Image

Haha I quite enjoyed Journey to the Center of the Earth. It didn't get brilliant ratings on imdb or anything, but I thought it was a fun movie :XD: I also like Brendan Fraser. I think that's one reason why I saw the movie in the first place. I'd like to read the book sometime.

I'm itching to watch Lord of the Rings. I have a bit of homework though so I'm not sure if I'll get around to it tonight. I *still* have to watch The Hangover too! I've been caught up in Heroes.

Yeah, Journey was great. I saw it at the Drive-In and then in 3-D and then 2-D at my cousin's. Then I bought it and watched it in 2-D. I haven't seen LotR in a while, either... Maybe I'll watch them this weekend. Or next week if I'm on afternoons.

I wish I had the chance to see it in 3D - how was it? I only saw it on Comcast On Demand after it left theaters.

Posted Image