What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Taken- Best. Movie. I've. Seen. In. A. Long. Time. I simply loved it.

War, Inc.-Never watch this movie. It simply sucks.

Valerye-Decent, but more so since I am a huge history buff. Worth watching, but not re-watching.

The Taking of Pelham 123- Decent, but not great.

We Were Soldiers- Excellent.

The International- 8/10. Decent, interesting story line, but can be kind of confusing.

Land of the Lost-0/10. This movie sucked.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Taken- Best. Movie. I've. Seen. In. A. Long. Time. I simply loved it.

War, Inc.-Never watch this movie. It simply sucks.

Valerye-Decent, but more so since I am a huge history buff. Worth watching, but not re-watching.

The Taking of Pelham 123- Decent, but not great.

We Were Soldiers- Excellent.

The International- 8/10. Decent, interesting story line, but can be kind of confusing.

Land of the Lost-0/10. This movie sucked.

I liked Land of the Lost best out of the underlined 3 (Taken a distant second, and International not far behind it). I haven't seen the other 4 movies, though.

I enjoyed War, Inc. What didn't you like about it?

I've been in full on commentary mode since Sunday, listened to all three extended LOTR movies (12 hours total), then the two Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg movies (Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz), and I just finished Blade: Trinity.

The LOTR ones were interesting, a few funny parts but it was mostly just 12 hours of talking about movie making. I listened to the Director and Writers commentary, which is the first of the four available. I think the cast commentary would probably be funnier, it's not generally rated as highly though.

Then I watched the Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright ones, which were actually very disappointing. The movies are great, and they are both funny people. So I figured their commentary would be pretty hilarious. Both commentaries had their moments, but partly because I was expecting it to be really greater than it was and partly because of them doing some of the more annoying commentary things (both attempting to talk about the same thing at the same time, ending up with them basically yelling) I was very unhappy with them.

I watched the David S. Goyer/Jessica Biel/Ryan Reynolds commentary of Blade: Trinity and I really, really liked it. Maybe it was because I just came off the disappointment of the previous two. There was a decent amount of down time which I generally don't care for, but I guess it's better than rambling about something completely uninteresting. Jessica Biel doesn't show up until 17 minutes into the movie and Ryan Reynolds until about 30 minutes into the movie so up until those times they didn't have much to say. The director didn't seem to want to talk about much that didn't include them so the first part of the movie had a decent amount of silence but he also asked them about stuff that commentaries generally don't have time for, which was pretty good. Now keep in mind I like this movie, and looking at the IMDb rating I might be the only one, so that could skew my perception.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Last week I saw "Where the Wild Things Are" with a couple of friends. When I was a younger I never liked the book, so that might have prompted me not to like the movie. I just did not like the movie, for some reason. So, I just sat there eating popcorn :mellow: For the parts I did pay attention, I would give the movie a 4/10.

This weekend I'm off to see "Paranormal Activity", though :lol: Which I am looking forward to. I love watching movies that make you jump, and I heard this movie was such a great one to see. My friend said she came out crying, which will probably be me. I'm still excited to see it though :)

Lily Legends.png

Screened "The Fourth Kind" and "The Box" at work this week.

The Fourth Kind: :thumbup: Had a slight "Paranormal Activity" vibe to it, except instead of demons, it was about alien encounters. Highly rec' this to anyone who is into UFO/alien abduction theories, etc.

The Box: :thumbdown:

[hide=The Box spoilers]This movie was terribly confusing, and I suggest you save your money and don't watch it.

The film starts out fairly okay... a strange man leaves a strange box on a couple's doorstep in the middle of the night. Inside it is a box, on the top of which is a covered and locked button. The man returns the next day, and tells the couple that 1) if they push the button, a random person in the world will die, and 2) they will get $1,000,000 cash.

Then the movie kind of plays out like a suspense movie, only at a sap-slow pace.

And sooooomehow, two hours later at the end of the movie, there are aliens involved, and God is involved somehow, and people are under mind-control, and the US government funds some sort of program where people can teleport through swimming pools.

DO NOT WANT.

[/hide]

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

The Fourth Kind: :thumbup: Had a slight "Paranormal Activity" vibe to it, except instead of demons, it was about alien encounters. Highly rec' this to anyone who is into UFO/alien abduction theories, etc.

I've been thinking about seeing this one. Maybe I'll find someone to go with.

I <3 Twilight zone. Though tbh some of them creep the [bleep] outta me. Like that possessed doll one.

Saw Crash. I <3 that movie. Might go watch The Box online. Hah. Sounds interesting even after reading Serpent's spoilers.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I watched The Men Who Stare at Goats, which to be honest was a little boring at parts. I honestly couldn't figure out whether it was supposed to be a joke off Star Wars or whether or not it was serious. Maybe if I had had some more information about the movie ahead of time I would of understood it a bit more.

Where The Wild Things Are was just okay. I never really liked the book anyways.

Zombieland was really funny, but not a great overall movie.

Summer movies I absolutely loved Harry Potter and The Hangover. In my top favorites for sure. :)

G-G-G-Goalie

And The Tides Have Turned

2qw3bi9.png

Do you live? Do you die? Do you bleed? For the Fantasy?

Primer was great. It's $7,000 budget, 77 minutes running time, complex dialogue and fantastic premise all make it one of the best (and most re-watchable) low-budget films I've ever seen.

I really enjoyed The Last Samurai, aside from Tom Cruise. Reminds me of how fascinating Japanese culture was during the Edo/Meiji periods.

Also saw Up with a group of friends. Cute, and really funny. Good movie -- although I would have liked to see more development with Ellie's character. (I guess they were going for more of a Family Adventure than a tragedy, though!)

Primer was great. It's $7,000 budget, 77 minutes running time, complex dialogue and fantastic premise all make it one of the best (and most re-watchable) low-budget films I've ever seen.

I really enjoyed The Last Samurai, aside from Tom Cruise. Reminds me of how fascinating Japanese culture was during the Edo/Meiji periods.

Also saw Up with a group of friends. Cute, and really funny. Good movie -- although I would have liked to see more development with Ellie's character. (I guess they were going for more of a Family Adventure than a tragedy, though!)

Yea Primer rules

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Pineapple Express

It was alright. I was pretty disappointed in how drugs played a very minimal role in the film. It was just like any other generic movie, except the main characters would smoke a lot.

During the scene where the warehouse caught on fire and all the marijuana plants were burning, that was an excellent opportunity to get the characters extra stoned. Instead, they just made the last 30 minutes filled with nothing but action. Blah.

Heh, I thought it was a pretty good stoner movie. Yeah, the end didn't really have all that much getting stoned wise but it still had some funny parts. Plus the movie has Amber Heard in it and she is hot as [bleep] (really looking forward to her playing Chenault in The Rum Diaries)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

2012 I was really looking forward to seeing this movie, and it delivered! The end of the world never looked better! This movie is uncontrolable! It shoots in all directions, it's tragic, funny, action packed, it has got everything a blockbuster needs!

The opening was hilarious by the way, when they were showing the solar flares. The sun looked like a big [wagon] that was farting. :')

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Pineapple Express

It was alright. I was pretty disappointed in how drugs played a very minimal role in the film. It was just like any other generic movie, except the main characters would smoke a lot.

During the scene where the warehouse caught on fire and all the marijuana plants were burning, that was an excellent opportunity to get the characters extra stoned. Instead, they just made the last 30 minutes filled with nothing but action. Blah.

Minimal role? The whole movie was about drugs... :blink:

Do you mean the actual highs weren't strongly emphasized?

What were you expecting? More clichés like those in Half Baked?

The movie did a good job at portraying the drug's effects on frequent smokers, and without anybody floating through windows. :thumbup:

Ink - This movie hit the net last week (you can tell, the MOVIEmeter on IMDb has it up 81,093% in popularity this week) but I just got around to watching it. I loved it, although it was a little slow at the beginning. I didn't know exactly what it was about so earlier this week when I started to watch it I got 5 minutes in and was a little bored, and put it off until today. So it is possible I liked it so much since I didn't expect much. Anyways, I just spent $42 purchasing the deluxe bundle from their website. The movie actually isn't out yet, but when the creators saw that it was on the net and being spread illegally by tons of people, they said they didn't mind. They just put a link at the top of their page for donations "if you watched it online and would like to contribute what you can". I'm sure they are going to make a [cabbage] ton more money doing this way than releasing it normally with no one ever hearing about it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

2012 - So bad, so, so bad.

I'm not even going to bother with a review.

But I will say if you're looking to kill 2.5 hours and have nothing of any sort to do, see this movie. However, if you're looking for anything beyond special effects and a script that was written by someone over the age of 13, then don't see this movie.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]