What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Just watched Donnie Darko, and all I can say is, what the [bleep].

That was my favourite movie back in the day after the first one or two watches. After more watches you understand the story more, and hence pay attention to the other stuff more (script, acting ect...) and you realize it isn't nearly as good as first thought.

I've watched quite a few movies lately, trying to complete the list of the Top 50 Dystopian Movies of All Time. I have 40/50 done, and I have acquired 7 of the last 10 I need to watch. When I saw this list I had around 30 done already, so I guess I only watched about 10 from it so far. The one I just finished was:

They Live - Good overall. Some parts were great, and then there were some parts that were kind of like, "really?" I actually have more appreciation for it now after reading the trivia on IMDb, one of the most ridiculous scenes was the 5 minute long fight but now I see why it was in there. Also had to rewatch the Cripple Fight episode of South Park right after the movie finished, just to compare :smile: . That is one of the biggest reasons to watch this movie even though it can be a little lame at times; it is part of pop culture and many other TV shows/movies/other media will have references to it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

started watching breaking bad (not that it's long, there's like 20 eps)

it's not great, but it has its moments

I love Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston was so under used on Malcolm in the Middle, amazing actor. New season starts this month too! It's just got so many heart sinking moments, it's the only show where I would say things out loud to the tv

yes.png

Kill Bill - although only vol. 1 so far, because I can't really watch it when my parents / younger brothers are home. I thought it was really good - great camera work, great soundtrack (although not as good w/o the movie - I downloaded the CD), it was fun, and (despite what I expected) it was very stylistic.

I'm going to try and finish it asap, and then watch some more Tarentino - starting with Pulp Fiction, then probably Reservoir Dogs.

Also try out True Romance and Natural Born Killers. They aren't considered part of his "six" (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, Death Proof and Inglorious Basterds) since he only wrote them, didn't direct.

EDIT: Also the first From Dusk Til Dawn, that was great. Don't bother with 2 and 3 though, neither he or Robert Rodriguez had anything to do with them as far as I can remember.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Watched a few films in the last few weeks.

First of all was The Wolfman (2010) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780653/

I have to say, this sucked, I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. Apparently someone in my class at college also saw it, he said it sucked too. Don't know whether I went first or not, but I was away from college, so I saw it with my girlfriend.

Next came Blood: The Last Vampire (2009) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0806027/

This film appealed to me the first time I heard about it, just by the time I could actually buy it in stores, it was impossible to find, I luckily came across it a few weeks ago, and I have to say, I enjoyed it. It was lacking a bit, but was overall, enjoyable for the (roughly) 90 minutes.

After that, it was Underworld (2003) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320691/

Never actually bothered with this series of films before, but all 3 for £20, and a reccomendation from my girlfriend compelled me to buy it. Again, was planning on getting it months ago, but I was underage, and I rarely go up town. A good movie overall.

Next, it was Underworld: Evolution (2006) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401855/

Really can't add more than what I said about Underworld.

And just today, I went to the cinema to see The Crazies (2010) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455407/

I can't really judge this compared to the 1973 version, as I haven't seen that yet, I'll probably pick it up at some point. Overall, I enjoyed this film, the tension was done well, though after a few times, you started to expect things to happen, yet at one point I can honestly say I didn't see something coming when it did, perhaps I should have. Possibly seeing this again on Thursday with a mate, assuming nothing comes up, it is definitely a film I think enough of to view again in the cinema, it could possibly be one of my favourite movies.

I'm still got a few to watch, starting with Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0834001/

I've got to watch this prequel to the previous films, just because I don't like watching something without seeing the whole series, if it is a series of films.

Next, I'll be watching Dead Snow (2009) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1278340/

Its got zombies. I don't need any other reason. Was on offer on blu-ray at 2 for £25.

And the last of my recent purchases, 30 Days of Night (2007) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389722/

I was having trouble deciding on a second film to choose (part of the previously mentioned offer) when I saw this in there. I was mildly interested in this film a year or two ago, but never watched it, so it's the reason why I chose it over some other choices. (Hot Fuzz for one, which I've previously seen.)

I have to say, I'm quite enjoying being 18 now and being able to purchase the films I'm interested in when I see them, could have tried it before (like I accidentally did with Watchmen, thought it was a 15 for some reason) but I disliked the thought of being caught out and asked for I.D, which of course, I wouldn't be able to produce, however, I make sure to carry I.D. with me now.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I saw The Crazies on Saturday and then Pulp Fiction later that night. Crazies was alright, I'm not too into thriller/horror and it bored me in some places. Pulp Fiction though, that was :thumbup:

Probably gonna watch District 9 tonight.

p2gq.jpg

Its got zombies. I don't need any other reason. Was on offer on blu-ray at 2 for £25.

You will NOT be disappointed. Hilarious movie

Is it a good horror/comedy, or is it a horror that's so bad it becomes a comedy?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Is it a good horror/comedy, or is it a horror that's so bad it becomes a comedy?

It's a good comedy, I can't say there is much horror in it (they didn't try to make it horror either). It's funny funny, not bad funny. Might be my top zombie film. Loved the actors, loved the zombies, loved the scenes. Don't think too much about the plot though. All around good

yes.png

I saw The Bourne Ultimatum, and it was Ok, I guess. Really lacking in story line IMO. There was too much action for not enough story. Worth watching once. 6/10

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It's a good comedy, I can't say there is much horror in it (they didn't try to make it horror either). It's funny funny, not bad funny. Might be my top zombie film. Loved the actors, loved the zombies, loved the scenes. Don't think too much about the plot though. All around good

Yeah, I think they tried to put a bit of horror in it, though it failed really (The opening for example) however, that could just be because it is mainly a comedy, so I could never take it seriously enough. Too busy laughing at it most of the time.

I think, depending on the type of person you are, it may scare you a little, but over the top gore, and how they went around it just makes you laugh, especially the ending.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I just saw Pan's Labyrinth - pretty awesome movie :P

One of my favourite movies of all time.

45/50 completed :smile: . Tonight I am going to watch Robocop (yeah I never saw it before, maybe parts on TV when I was a kid. I did have a T-shirt of it though) along with Orson Welles' The Trial to get to 47.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I saw The Bourne Ultimatum, and it was Ok, I guess. Really lacking in story line IMO. There was too much action for not enough story. Worth watching once. 6/10

umm are you kidding me? it's the conclusion to a trilogy. watch the first two lol

There's a 4th book (new author, of course) now, so I kind of expect a 4th movie to come.

I went to the movies and saw Cop Out last night. Worth the C$5.50 to get in. Especially since any other day would have been about C$12 (they have a Tuesday special for whatever reason). I am buying this one the first time I see it in a movie store (or the electronics section of my local Walmart). 9/10

umm are you kidding me? it's the conclusion to a trilogy. watch the first two lol

Nope. I've seen the first one several times, just watched it again last night and liked it very much. I've seen the 2nd one probably 5+ times, and I liked that one. Number 3 doesn't have as much story to carry it through IMO.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

nah, it's fine. think of the whole thing as continuing story rather than judging it individually. bourne identity is the intro, supremacy is the body with the ultimatum as the conclusion. you don't generally introduce anything new in the conclusion. ultimatum isn't there to spice up the story, it's there to give you the feeling of closure that the story is over. this way, the first two films remain integral to the whole story instead of being rendered redundant because they introduced new concepts conflicting with what they introduced and explained prior.

Finished Kill Bill. Vol. 2 is odd. The transition from violence to dialogue was very odd and it felt sudden. I thought it really took away the momentum that Vol. 1 had. Still a great movie as a whole, and Vol. 2 was probably necessary to clear up some things about the storyline, but if I had watched it together, as initially planned, I'm sure I would've felt pretty odd about it.

Last night I flipped back and forth between a couple of movies that were on TV.

Airplane!- This movie was hilarious and I definitely plan to buy it next time I see it. 9/10

12 Monkeys- I didn't see the beginning or the end, but what I saw was quite good. I will probably buy this one, too. What I saw of it makes me say 8/10