What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Pacific Rim last night. The acting was AWFUL! The dude who stars in Sons on Anarchy and who was the main character in this movie was absolutely dreadful, and the asian chick was equally as terrible. The dude from It's Always Sunny wasn't too bad, though.

Best line in the movie, and probably the most stereotypical line (which seemed almost forced), was when the asian chick yelled "FOR MY FAMILY!" during a battle scene. I couldn't hold in my laughter at that point.

Aside from the bad acting and some very predictable events, watching mechs and aliens absolutely wreck each other was entertaining. Pretty ridiculous.

5/10 from me.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaaand for the double post.

Went to see Catching Fire with my parents tonight. My sisters said they loved it and that it was better than the first.

As it was with the first, I found that the ending sneaked up on me. I guess maybe it's because the movie started off slow and didn't pick up for a while, so I felt as if I wasn't there for the first hour. So when all the action started in the second hour and a half, it felt like an hour an a half movie. My parents hated it. I didn't mind it. Was entertaining, and some parts were slightly tear-jerking. I'd say 8/10, mainly because it was entertaining.

[hide=maybe spoilers]

The part I got teary-eyed during was when Mags ran into the poisonous fog. That was pretty sad.

I really like the actor who plays the Games Coordinator. So I was sad when he looked to be a bad guy. But when the end rolled around and he turned out to be part of the resistance, I was pretty glad. He's a badass. His role in that mission impossible movie was killer and in this movie, he did a good job. With that in mind, having not read the books or anything, the twist at the end got me. I was skeptical of the Games Coordinator being a bad guy from the very start when he was introduced to Katniss. But I wouldn't have called it.[/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

R.I.P.D.

Terribad. 3/10.

Going to see the second Hunger games movie on Wednesday.. 

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Prometheus. Was strange. Didn't like how much was left unexplained, not to mention a few glaring holes in the plot. 5/10, but only because Charlize Theron.

It was a strange film indeed. But i liked it.

Watched the lone ranger. Preety good, i especially liked the action scenes with the apache played by Johnny Depp.

Just saw the second Hunger Games movie. Really liked it a lot. Would watch it again & recommend it to people. :).

I thought Josh Hutcherson's performance was great.

Johanna.  :wub:. 

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

the world's end is real good. above shaun of the dead, but only a bit below hot fuzz.

maybe i felt the style was getting a bit stale but it was still amazing how pretty much everything said and done and introduced was for a reason and paid off later on. and edgar wright is so good at directing action stuff.

definitely a lot more meaningful than the last two i think, as well. a lot of stuff that i could spend ages talking about, probably, if i wasn't so tired.

[spoiler=ending spoilers]am i alone in assuming that pegg's character would have killed himself at the end of the golden mile, had everything gone as planned?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yeah, I thought that too. Excellent movie. On that note, now I can acquire it and re-watch it. If I was up to it I'd do a Blood and Ice Cream marathon, but I'm too lazy to watch movies today.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Went to the midnight premiere of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. 10/10. Liked every moment of it. Well, almost everything.

[hide]Thought the love affair between the elf maiden and one of the dwarves was pretty dumb.[/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Watched Man of Steel last night. I guess it was ok. I would say 6/10. The action was alright. But I thought the villain was pretty lame. There were parts in the movie where I was extremely bored.

But, now I can say I've watched it at least.

• Like 1

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Went to the midnight premiere of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. 10/10. Liked every moment of it. Well, almost everything.

[hide]Thought the love affair between the elf maiden and one of the dwarves was pretty dumb.[/hide]

I agree with what you didn't like. Was kinda meh in that regard haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw The Lone Survivor. Quite a depressing movie, at least for me. I walked out of that theater not in a good mood (not because the movie was bad, but because of the subject matter nature of the plot). So it ruined my day in that sense. But the fact that it could affect me that much emotionally probably speaks to its quality.

One thing I really liked about it is that it was super realistic when it came to gunfights. The people weren't, I guess "super soldiers" like in most war movies (zero dark thirty specifically comes to mind, where the soldiers rarely take heavy gunshot wounds). I mean, these dudes get shot up and take damage like crazy. Not to mention the amount of damage they take from the environment.

Anyways, ultimately, I'll give it an 8/10.

Also saw RIPD for the first time. It was ok, I guess. The plot moved along real fast, and a lot of the dynamics were pretty iffy when it came to how the two worlds interacted. Jeff Bridges was funny. I'll give it a 7/10.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

The Raid: Redemption

if you want 1 and a 1/2 hours of dudes punching each other real good, with a solid premise and story, this is your movie

the fights are so good, and real visceral. there's one move involving a door which is crazy in how brutal it is

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 4 weeks later...

Just was forced to watch the Star Wars movies in the order they were originally released. I was incredibly underwhelmed. Not sure why these are so loved. Not saying they're bad movies, just not what they're hyped up to be. 7/10 for the whole series.

Just was forced to watch the Star Wars movies in the order they were originally released. I was incredibly underwhelmed. Not sure why these are so loved. Not saying they're bad movies, just not what they're hyped up to be. 7/10 for the whole series.

That's probably normal. I feel the same way when I see a "classic" movie long after seeing every film that's referenced it or been influenced by it; so at that point, there's nothing original or interesting about it. I felt the same way about The Godfather, Airplane!, 2001: A Space Odyssey, etc

77yLQy8.png

I'm probably going to watch the Lego movie tonight in theaters. Really looking forward to it; I've heard it's really good.

I'll edit this post once I've seen it.

EDIT: 10/10. What an awesome movie.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Hangover 3.

Let's just say the first one was the best.

4K469.png