What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Went to the midnight premiere of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. 10/10. Liked every moment of it. Well, almost everything.

[hide]Thought the love affair between the elf maiden and one of the dwarves was pretty dumb.[/hide]

I agree with what you didn't like. Was kinda meh in that regard haha.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw The Lone Survivor. Quite a depressing movie, at least for me. I walked out of that theater not in a good mood (not because the movie was bad, but because of the subject matter nature of the plot). So it ruined my day in that sense. But the fact that it could affect me that much emotionally probably speaks to its quality.

One thing I really liked about it is that it was super realistic when it came to gunfights. The people weren't, I guess "super soldiers" like in most war movies (zero dark thirty specifically comes to mind, where the soldiers rarely take heavy gunshot wounds). I mean, these dudes get shot up and take damage like crazy. Not to mention the amount of damage they take from the environment.

Anyways, ultimately, I'll give it an 8/10.

Also saw RIPD for the first time. It was ok, I guess. The plot moved along real fast, and a lot of the dynamics were pretty iffy when it came to how the two worlds interacted. Jeff Bridges was funny. I'll give it a 7/10.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

The Raid: Redemption

if you want 1 and a 1/2 hours of dudes punching each other real good, with a solid premise and story, this is your movie

the fights are so good, and real visceral. there's one move involving a door which is crazy in how brutal it is

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 4 weeks later...

Just was forced to watch the Star Wars movies in the order they were originally released. I was incredibly underwhelmed. Not sure why these are so loved. Not saying they're bad movies, just not what they're hyped up to be. 7/10 for the whole series.

Just was forced to watch the Star Wars movies in the order they were originally released. I was incredibly underwhelmed. Not sure why these are so loved. Not saying they're bad movies, just not what they're hyped up to be. 7/10 for the whole series.

That's probably normal. I feel the same way when I see a "classic" movie long after seeing every film that's referenced it or been influenced by it; so at that point, there's nothing original or interesting about it. I felt the same way about The Godfather, Airplane!, 2001: A Space Odyssey, etc

77yLQy8.png

I'm probably going to watch the Lego movie tonight in theaters. Really looking forward to it; I've heard it's really good.

I'll edit this post once I've seen it.

EDIT: 10/10. What an awesome movie.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Hangover 3.

Let's just say the first one was the best.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched the Expendables 2 last night on netflix because I was bored. What a ridiculous movie. So many cheesy one liners, and the action is over the top. I laughed so much just because of how crazy it was.

In the end, it was entertaining. But definitely not a movie I'd go to watch in theaters or see again. My parents went to see it in theaters, which I found funny as hell. But hey, my dad loves Bruce Willis (who didn't play too big of a role, unfortunately).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

It seems like it! My dad calls his Brucey, haha.

So, I watched Life of Pi for the first time since I saw it in theaters. Fortunately, I had it on Blu-ray, so the graphics were up to par with how they were in theaters. Really like that movie. I read the book way back in middle school and loved it.

Also rewatched the Avengers the other night. Was fun, of course. I replayed all the Hulk's best moments because I laughed so much.

Been watching movies a lot since I'm on spring break.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

The last movie I saw was a French/Portuguese film called I'm Going Home. It's a solid drama about an actor who is forced to accept that he's aging (8/10, for reference). It's also remarkable because the director, Manoel de Oliveira, directed it when he was 93. He's now 105 and still making movies - and good ones at that. A notable example of life not imitating art.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Someone a few pages ago talked about the movie The Raid.

Well, I saw in the previews when I went to see The Monuments Men that The Raid 2 is being made. That shit's gonna be intense.

As for The Monuments Men, I liked it a lot. Even though it is set in the time during the Nazi regime, fortunately it had very little super gory scenes. There were some occasional intense deaths, but nothing like Saving Private Ryan or other Nazi war movies. Actually, there was quite a lot of comedy in it, which really made the movie fun. And the plot was interesting enough. I'd give it a 9/10.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Went to watch 300: Rise of an Empire. I guess it was entertaining. So much blood and crazy shit. Pretty ridiculous. Also, there was a weird, violent, angry sex scene in it which my friend and I found extremely funny.

Definitely not worth $8.50. But I'd say a good movie to redbox when it comes out.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |