What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Finished solomon kane. I am surprised since i didnt really like the comic book, but liked the movie a lot. Both the non violence beginning when the character renounces violence and then later when he fights again

Went to see Enders Game - I thought it was very good and it seemed to be pretty faithful to the book, though it is a while since I read the series. Hopefully I don't give anything away by saying that is probably one of the darkest characters I have seen Harrison Ford play.

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

I also went and saw Ender's Game.

I'm very invested in the books (all four in the Ender Quartet), so I had very high hopes for this movie. The series is in my top three series (along with Lord of the Rings and the Belgariad/Malloreon series).

[hide=Spoilers]

I WISH IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LONGER. Yeah, a two hour movie is pretty long, but everything happened so fast. I felt the book had too much content for one movie. The biggest part of the book is getting the reader invested in the school and the battle games the boys play. The more the reader is invested in the battle games, the more surprising the ending is. I feel like there wasn't enough time in the movie to get the reader super involved in the game aspect of the plot (and I don't think it could've been done with the time allotted), and so the ending might not have been as shocking as it was supposed to be.

Also, I didn't like how Mazer gave himself away so soon in the movie. Ender's not supposed to know who he is until much later.

I also feel the role they gave Harrison Ford was a bit too dark for my liking. I feel like he wasn't that dark in the book.

Also, I don't think the computer game was emphasized enough. Having read the book many times, I knew the connection between the computer simulation game and the Hive Queen. But I feel like it wasn't developed enough in the movie. Plus, a big thing that annoyed me was that Ender did his training with Mazer on the same planet that the Hive Queen was on. This was completely wrong. The Hive Queen is on a totally different planet. Ender had to travel to this planet during his colonial travels to find her. He didn't just walk outside of the training facility to where the Hive Queen was (additionally, there was no former Hive Queen waiting for him). There was a good bit of time before Ender finds the Hive Queen after destroying the bugger home world.

I also think they didn't emphasize the fact that Ender's strategy in the last battle was motivated by him wanting to stop being in battle school. The reason he decided to destroy the home planet of the buggers was because he didn't think he would be allowed to do such a thing by the simulation, and that doing so would make him fail the final simulation. He was not doing it because he thought that would make him pass. Rather, he did what he did because he wanted to beat the simulation through some sort of loop hole, by doing something that he thought wouldn't be allowed, though it would get the job done. So I didn't like that they made all the kids celebrate at the end. In the book, the squad was more perplexed as to why all the adults were crying and congratulating each other.

As a side note, although Ender was not in the same room as his toon leaders in the book, I thought it was a cool adaptation to have his toon leaders there with him.

And lastly, I thought it was sad that they left out Valentine and Peter Wiggin's part of the story with Demosthenes and Locke.[/hide]

Overall, the movie was entertaining, and the battle school scenes, as well as the simulation scenes in the later part of the movie were pretty awesome. I enjoyed it, though it did not live up to what I was expecting it to be. 8/10 from me. I'll be getting the soundtrack for sure.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Thor: Lord of Darkness.

It was pretty cool, I guess. I thought it was weird how there's basically a complete role reversal between Odin and Thor. Now Thor's the one thinking practical, while Odin is being all rash and shit. Was kinda iffy about that.

[hide=Possible spoilers]

I wasn't really sure how the ending worked with Loki sitting on the throne in the form of Odin while Thor tells him that he basically doesn't want to be king. Where was Odin during all this? Was Loki just sitting up there pretending to be Odin while Odin was taking a shower or doing something else? I couldn't really take the situation seriously given that it wasn't clear what happened to Odin. If he was still alive, Loki wouldn't be able to have the throne. And they didn't make it clear if Loki had killed Odin after returning from the dark world disguised as a different Asgardian. Anyways, I was confused about that.

The final scene when they're destroying the dark elves with whatever little device they're using while Thor is battling the main guy was pretty ridiculous. The dark elves turn from being pretty crazy killers to dumb soldiers stupidly chasing Natalie, Darcy, and Ian around the buildings.

[/hide]

Natalie Portman was looking good in it.

Overall, I guess I was entertained. 8/10 from me.

Oh, also, those darn grenades in that movie were OP as hell. And so was that one mutated dark elf. Lmao.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

dredd - very pretty movie, i read they wanted to make violence pretty or whatever and they succeeded pretty well. i definitely wouldn't have minded seeing it in a theatre or w/ever.

also cool to see wire actors getting work, even if like 90% of his screentime could've been filled w/a sack of potatoes

e - said pretty a bunch but i'm rolling w/it

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Grown Ups 2. Just terrible. What were they thinking?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

yeah, adam sandler movies literally exist to make cash for him and his buddies, at least lately

he had some good ones back in the day. these days yeah I agree with you.

Rewatched Kill Bill 1&2. Not my fav Tarantino films but still very enjoyable

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Pacific Rim last night. The acting was AWFUL! The dude who stars in Sons on Anarchy and who was the main character in this movie was absolutely dreadful, and the asian chick was equally as terrible. The dude from It's Always Sunny wasn't too bad, though.

Best line in the movie, and probably the most stereotypical line (which seemed almost forced), was when the asian chick yelled "FOR MY FAMILY!" during a battle scene. I couldn't hold in my laughter at that point.

Aside from the bad acting and some very predictable events, watching mechs and aliens absolutely wreck each other was entertaining. Pretty ridiculous.

5/10 from me.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaaand for the double post.

Went to see Catching Fire with my parents tonight. My sisters said they loved it and that it was better than the first.

As it was with the first, I found that the ending sneaked up on me. I guess maybe it's because the movie started off slow and didn't pick up for a while, so I felt as if I wasn't there for the first hour. So when all the action started in the second hour and a half, it felt like an hour an a half movie. My parents hated it. I didn't mind it. Was entertaining, and some parts were slightly tear-jerking. I'd say 8/10, mainly because it was entertaining.

[hide=maybe spoilers]

The part I got teary-eyed during was when Mags ran into the poisonous fog. That was pretty sad.

I really like the actor who plays the Games Coordinator. So I was sad when he looked to be a bad guy. But when the end rolled around and he turned out to be part of the resistance, I was pretty glad. He's a badass. His role in that mission impossible movie was killer and in this movie, he did a good job. With that in mind, having not read the books or anything, the twist at the end got me. I was skeptical of the Games Coordinator being a bad guy from the very start when he was introduced to Katniss. But I wouldn't have called it.[/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

R.I.P.D.

Terribad. 3/10.

Going to see the second Hunger games movie on Wednesday.. 

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Prometheus. Was strange. Didn't like how much was left unexplained, not to mention a few glaring holes in the plot. 5/10, but only because Charlize Theron.

It was a strange film indeed. But i liked it.

Watched the lone ranger. Preety good, i especially liked the action scenes with the apache played by Johnny Depp.

Just saw the second Hunger Games movie. Really liked it a lot. Would watch it again & recommend it to people. :).

I thought Josh Hutcherson's performance was great.

Johanna.  :wub:. 

4K469.png

the world's end is real good. above shaun of the dead, but only a bit below hot fuzz.

maybe i felt the style was getting a bit stale but it was still amazing how pretty much everything said and done and introduced was for a reason and paid off later on. and edgar wright is so good at directing action stuff.

definitely a lot more meaningful than the last two i think, as well. a lot of stuff that i could spend ages talking about, probably, if i wasn't so tired.

[spoiler=ending spoilers]am i alone in assuming that pegg's character would have killed himself at the end of the golden mile, had everything gone as planned?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yeah, I thought that too. Excellent movie. On that note, now I can acquire it and re-watch it. If I was up to it I'd do a Blood and Ice Cream marathon, but I'm too lazy to watch movies today.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Went to the midnight premiere of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. 10/10. Liked every moment of it. Well, almost everything.

[hide]Thought the love affair between the elf maiden and one of the dwarves was pretty dumb.[/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Watched Man of Steel last night. I guess it was ok. I would say 6/10. The action was alright. But I thought the villain was pretty lame. There were parts in the movie where I was extremely bored.

But, now I can say I've watched it at least.

• Like 1

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |