What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

The Amazing Spiderman

Really surprised me and i liked it better than the first trilogy. I'll watch the sequels to this and hopefully its at least equal in quality. 

Low_C.png

The Amazing Spiderman

Really surprised me and i liked it better than the first trilogy. I'll watch the sequels to this and hopefully its at least equal in quality. 

I loved the first as well, though the villain and his motives were...mediocre. But that wasn't a huge deal breaker for me.

I liked the second as well, but it had its good and bad moments (more than the first movie).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

So many excellent films I've seen recently:

The Ugly Swans--totally underrated Russian sci-fi film

Blue Is the Warmest Color 

The Turin Horse

All about Eve

Ain't in It for My Health: A Film about Levon Helm

Grand Budapest Hotel--for me, it doesn't seem like Anderson can ever top The Life Aquatic

Stalker--saw this for the 8 millionth time, but Tarkovsky never ceases to inspire me and reassures me that this is the greatest film ever made.

I've pretty much lost faith in American cinema at this point in my life except for a very small number of American directors, none of which get much love from the movie-going public. Now, get off my lawn.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Not a movie, but I've recently picked up where I left off of Psych. I absolutely love this show so much.

Absolutely the most underrated under-appreciated show ever (At least where I live, I've never heard of anyone but the person who introduced me to it speak about it). Teared up during the finale.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The luxury of foreign films is that we get to filter out the best of the best, which for some countries could be just one film a year. 

Very true, and places like Turkey or Hungary don't have a film industry like the US does. They're not pushing out hundreds of run of the mill popcorn flicks each year too.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

A lot of countries are able to still make movies for the passion simply because there isn't the obligation to make back huge sums of money risked by major studios. Look at Nollywood (Nigerian cinema), they're the second largest producer of movies in the world, behind only Bollywood, no one knows of them, but they're a great example of an industry built around the passion for storytelling. 

I'm a personal fan of Australian cinema, so when I was at this years SXSW I was extremely excited to be able to view The Infinite Man, a sci-fi/rom-com, a film that took a huge risk to be able to tell this crazy time-traveling love story. 

I haven't been burnt out yet by Superhero films. The only one that really disappointed me the was latest Ironman, but I'm super stoked for Guardians of The Galaxy.  

tFtfA.jpg

I've never had much interest in superhero movies.

I just finished watching Werckmeister Harmonies (2000) a few minutes ago and it's already at the top of my all-time favorites list. In a 2.5 hour film, there are only 39 takes. If you have the patience for slow cinematic poetry I'd highly suggest it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I haven't been burnt out yet by Superhero films. The only one that really disappointed me the was latest Ironman

I take it you never saw Green Lantern, or either of the Thor movies? How about The Green Hornet? I'll be kind and leave R.I.P.D out of this.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 9/10

[hide=Would've been 10/10 had it not been for two things:]

1. The hothead at the beginning of the film who shot the ape. Let's try to be realistic here-- if this movie was actually real, whose [bleep]ing idea was it to bring that idiot along with the crew on a peace mission when they returned to the ape home? The filmmakers could've at least given some sort of plausible reason to bring him back, like maybe he's the only guy who knows how to restore the power or something. I was just asking myself, "What the [bleep] is this guy doing here? Everybody knows he hates apes and is a loose cannon. Why does he need to come along? Nothing good can come from his presence..." And then, lo and behold, he conceals a weapon and threatens Caesar's newborn. Wow, who would've thought. It was super predictable that he would only complicate things and add more conflict to the story.

2. I can't really blame Hollywood for not doing this, but I wish Caesar spared Koba's life at the end, and consequently Koba could've reformed himself in return. Overall I appreciated how much grey there was to the story, how it explored both humanity and the apes' good sides and dark sides. Though the Caesar vs. Koba's thing at the very end was pretty black and white. The final scenes were very similar to The Lion King too-- the ex-leader, presumed dead, returns to reunite his people; overthrows the new evil leader; evil leader hanging on for his dear life at the end, bargaining with the old leader. Just like Scar and Simba, lol.

[/hide]

I give it a 9/10 too. 

In response to your two points:

[hide]1. They do say that that guy is the only one who is familiar with the damn's engineering. I think the woman urges the man leader not to bring him along, but the man leader says that he has to because of that.

2. I think it would have been very odd if Caesar spared Koba's life. He gave Koba plenty of chances and trusted Koba multiple times (not to mention putting up with Koba's insubordinate behavior). I think the movie made it clear that Koba was beyond saving. I really liked what Caesar says before he drops Koba (that Koba isn't an ape). I think that was just one more thing that showed the similarity between man and the apes. People can do such terrible things to the point where you start to question whether you could call them truly human. Heartbreaking ending though, after Caesar and the guy (I can't remember his name) did all they could to make peace.[/hide]

For whoever has seen the movie, did you stay for the end audio clip? If so, what are your thoughts? (I know it isn't a huge deal)

• Like 1

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 9/10

[hide=Would've been 10/10 had it not been for two things:]

1. The hothead at the beginning of the film who shot the ape. Let's try to be realistic here-- if this movie was actually real, whose [bleep]ing idea was it to bring that idiot along with the crew on a peace mission when they returned to the ape home? The filmmakers could've at least given some sort of plausible reason to bring him back, like maybe he's the only guy who knows how to restore the power or something. I was just asking myself, "What the [bleep] is this guy doing here? Everybody knows he hates apes and is a loose cannon. Why does he need to come along? Nothing good can come from his presence..." And then, lo and behold, he conceals a weapon and threatens Caesar's newborn. Wow, who would've thought. It was super predictable that he would only complicate things and add more conflict to the story.

2. I can't really blame Hollywood for not doing this, but I wish Caesar spared Koba's life at the end, and consequently Koba could've reformed himself in return. Overall I appreciated how much grey there was to the story, how it explored both humanity and the apes' good sides and dark sides. Though the Caesar vs. Koba's thing at the very end was pretty black and white. The final scenes were very similar to The Lion King too-- the ex-leader, presumed dead, returns to reunite his people; overthrows the new evil leader; evil leader hanging on for his dear life at the end, bargaining with the old leader. Just like Scar and Simba, lol.

[/hide]

I give it a 9/10 too. 

In response to your two points:

[hide]1. They do say that that guy is the only one who is familiar with the damn's engineering. I think the woman urges the man leader not to bring him along, but the man leader says that he has to because of that.

2. I think it would have been very odd if Caesar spared Koba's life. He gave Koba plenty of chances and trusted Koba multiple times (not to mention putting up with Koba's insubordinate behavior). I think the movie made it clear that Koba was beyond saving. I really liked what Caesar says before he drops Koba (that Koba isn't an ape). I think that was just one more thing that showed the similarity between man and the apes. People can do such terrible things to the point where you start to question whether you could call them truly human. Heartbreaking ending though, after Caesar and the guy (I can't remember his name) did all they could to make peace.[/hide]

For whoever has seen the movie, did you stay for the end audio clip? If so, what are your thoughts? (I know it isn't a huge deal)

[hide]

what was the end audio clip? I stayed till the credits were over cuz I thought there would be a post-credits scene like most movies have nowadays, though I don't recall an audio clip. what'd i miss?

[/hide]

77yLQy8.png

I haven't been burnt out yet by Superhero films. The only one that really disappointed me the was latest Ironman

I take it you never saw Green Lantern, or either of the Thor movies? How about The Green Hornet? I'll be kind and leave R.I.P.D out of this.

I enjoyed the Thor films. Haven't seen Green Hornet or RIPD (they're trailers looked awful). Green Lantern I saw at some point on DVD, but I've never been a big fan of Green Lantern so my expectations were low.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes talk:

I'm not entirely convinced Koba died. The way he fell down the building, getting caught in the scaffolding, then kind of riding it down into the dust as other structural items fell on top of him, makes me believe their is a chance he was mortally wounded but was able to escape.

I also left right as the credits started to roll, so I missed any post-credits bonus content.  

tFtfA.jpg

Not a movie, but I just finished watching the first season of Black Sails, and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. Anyone else seen it? Looking forward to the second season.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I think so yes. Don't take my word for it though. :P. What didn't you like about it?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

[hide]

what was the end audio clip? I stayed till the credits were over cuz I thought there would be a post-credits scene like most movies have nowadays, though I don't recall an audio clip. what'd i miss?

[/hide]

I'm not entirely convinced Koba died. The way he fell down the building, getting caught in the scaffolding, then kind of riding it down into the dust as other structural items fell on top of him, makes me believe their is a chance he was mortally wounded but was able to escape.

I also left right as the credits started to roll, so I missed any post-credits bonus content.  

[hide]The audio clip was kinda easy to miss if you weren't listening for it. It started rolling just as the last bit of credits were scrolling past. To me, it sounded like an ape quietly gasping for breath and the movement of concrete/other rubble. Right away I thought that it might be a hint that Koba didn't really die and was just injured badly after the fall. Sounded to me like it was the audio of him digging himself out from beneath the rubble.[/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

[hide]

[/hide]

[hide]The audio clip was kinda easy to miss if you weren't listening for it. It started rolling just as the last bit of credits were scrolling past. To me, it sounded like an ape quietly gasping for breath and the movement of concrete/other rubble. Right away I thought that it might be a hint that Koba didn't really die and was just injured badly after the fall. Sounded to me like it was the audio of him digging himself out from beneath the rubble.[/hide]

Oh sweet, proof to my theory. I probably won't have thought twice about the fall had they not already pulled the same false death trick with Caesar. It makes sense to keep him alive because who really knows what could happen in the next film, and having to draw up a new Ape rival would just be redundant. 

One of my biggest questions for the next installment is if they're going to incorporate a returning space traveler?

tFtfA.jpg

I just went and saw Lucy cause my older sister wanted someone to go with.

This has got to be the worst movie I have ever scene in theaters. DO NOT GO AND SEE IT! 1/10

Gets 1 point because of some of the visual effects.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

The Raid: Redemption 

Raid 2

Utterly AMAZING movies. Best fight scenes and excellent stories to go with them. Redemption has a better plot, but I thought that Raid 2 had better cinematography.

If you haven't seen them, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I know it isn't a movie but I have been watching the New Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson. Have to say without a doubt one of the best things I have ever watched.

k984du.jpg

I am about to the entire Matrix collection all the way through tonight. Got the collection last year, just haven't had a blue-ray player to watch it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Did you ever watch the original Cosmos series with Carl Sagan? Also, if you love the Matrix films you should check out the ones I mentioned in the post above. Not as deep of a story line philosophically speaking, but they're on par with the fight sequences!

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I saw 'Frequency' (2000) last night.  I enjoyed it greatly, and will probably watch it again sometime.  I didn't quite follow everything at the end.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.