What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

The Descent - I have no idea what /x/ was raving about. Pointless prologue, stupid ending (UK version, but the part that annoyed me is present in both versions). Nice buildup though, and the setting was well-done. Relied way too much on jumpscares, but it had some decent scares as well. The thing that really killed it for me though is that it's far more of a survival movie than horror. I'm not saying that it's bad, just that it's not all it's hyped up to be.

Not sure if I should watch the sequel.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• 2 weeks later...

Stalker.

A 1979 film from the Soviet Union's finest.

Tarkovsky directed it, brothers Strugatskys wrote it.

I've got the file spread into 3 CD's, so far viewed only the first one (around one hour), but I have never watched anything so intense. Completely nerve-wracking. Chills all over my body.

Bonus points for being probably the most famous film ever that has at least partly been filmed in our very own capital.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went and saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 tonight.

Damn. I'm a big fan and so I knew what might happen. But even though I was prepared, I was still pretty heart broken.

Great movie, though. Definitely preordering.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Locke - a short, low budget British film about a man driving to a hospital while he phones people and his life breaks down. Simple premise but v well done. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I let a girl convince me to watch Frozen. Actually, it was decent overall and pretty well done as far as children's movies go.

A lot of children's movies, especially disney ones, are surprisingly good.

13 going on 30. Surprised me since i was expecting much less. I like romance movies.

I watched X-Men: Days of Future Past. Though I'm not big into X-Men and that whole storyline, I thought it was good. I had high expectations since it did so well review-wise. I'd give it a 9/10.

Other movies I've watched recently: Kung Fu Panda 2 (absolutely loved it), How to Train Your Dragon (another one of those awesome animated movies; excited for the second), Inside Man, first two X-Men.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Going to see The Edge of Tomorrow. Supposed to be pretty good given its reviews. My older sister is super excited for it. It looks pretty cool to me. I'll edit this post with a rating after I see it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Just came back from Edge of Tomorrow. It's probably one of the best movies I've seen in theaters this year. 10/10 from me. Not a huge fan of Tom Cruise, but I think he did a great job in this film. Plot was really cool, monsters were frightening enough, etc.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

This thread made me realize that I've gone to see a lot of movies recently...

Went and saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 on Sunday. 10/10. I agree with many reviews that say it is one of the few cases where a sequel greatly improves on the first film. I loved it. I'll probably go see it again with my older sister except in 3D, cause she said it was really cool in 3D.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

A Million ways to die in the West.

Not very good at all. 

The best part was

When he enters the shed and sees Christopher Lloyd with the Back to the Future car :D.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Wasn't that part in a trailer anyways? I remember the whole theater freaking out when it showed in a preview.

I didn't see that part in the trailers.

Saw Edge of Tomorrow. Agree with what you said Duff. It was a good movie.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

• 2 weeks later...

The Lone Ranger. 

Just terrible.

4K469.png

Blazing Saddles.

Thoughts: I think I would have enjoyed it more if not for the fact I was too used to its kind of humor long before seeing it. Can see why people like it, but didn't click with me.

The LEGO Movie.

Thoughts: It turned out better than I expected. Batman and Unikitty were my favorites. but the part with the real world humans came off as bizarre to me. Was worth watching if you asked me.

The Grand Budapest Hotel: Excellent. With re-watches, I can see this becoming maybe even my favourite Wes Anderson film. Loved every second and there wasn't anything that disappointed me. 

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• 2 weeks later...

Transformer 4.

Not that great. Too long, too many explosions, etc. It just got ridiculous and boring after a while. I liked the first ones more.

4K469.png

Into the Wild. Absolutely stunning movie based on the true story of Christopher McCandless, who decides after College to go "into the wild": He destroys his passport, social security card etc., spends all his savings and starts tramping and travelling on his own - down to Mexico and later to Alaska to live alone in the wilderness. Great landscape shots and a story that really gets under your skin. Definitely recommend watching this!

• Like 1

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 9/10

[hide=Would've been 10/10 had it not been for two things:]

1. The hothead at the beginning of the film who shot the ape. Let's try to be realistic here-- if this movie was actually real, whose [bleep]ing idea was it to bring that idiot along with the crew on a peace mission when they returned to the ape home? The filmmakers could've at least given some sort of plausible reason to bring him back, like maybe he's the only guy who knows how to restore the power or something. I was just asking myself, "What the [bleep] is this guy doing here? Everybody knows he hates apes and is a loose cannon. Why does he need to come along? Nothing good can come from his presence..." And then, lo and behold, he conceals a weapon and threatens Caesar's newborn. Wow, who would've thought. It was super predictable that he would only complicate things and add more conflict to the story.

2. I can't really blame Hollywood for not doing this, but I wish Caesar spared Koba's life at the end, and consequently Koba could've reformed himself in return. Overall I appreciated how much grey there was to the story, how it explored both humanity and the apes' good sides and dark sides. Though the Caesar vs. Koba's thing at the very end was pretty black and white. The final scenes were very similar to The Lion King too-- the ex-leader, presumed dead, returns to reunite his people; overthrows the new evil leader; evil leader hanging on for his dear life at the end, bargaining with the old leader. Just like Scar and Simba, lol.

[/hide]

77yLQy8.png

I watched the first Die Hard movie last night. My parents told me that it was the cream of the crop back in the day. But watching it last night, I was shaking my head the whole time, haha. There wasn't very good acting. And I found myself wondering when Bruce Willis was actually going to do something cool. I'm used to modern day action movies, lol.

I gave it a 4/10 until the very end, when Powell saves Bruce and his wife from one of the German dudes who somehow is still alive after hanging 20 feet in the air by a chain around his neck for God knows how long. After that, my rating dropped to a 2/10.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |