How2PK

What movie(s) did you last see?

Unbreakable - Probably going in my top 5. Very weird, considering the only other Shyamalan movie I've even kind of liked was Signs.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I watched the Expendables 2 last night on netflix because I was bored. What a ridiculous movie. So many cheesy one liners, and the action is over the top. I laughed so much just because of how crazy it was.

In the end, it was entertaining. But definitely not a movie I'd go to watch in theaters or see again. My parents went to see it in theaters, which I found funny as hell. But hey, my dad loves Bruce Willis (who didn't play too big of a role, unfortunately).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

It seems like it! My dad calls his Brucey, haha.

So, I watched Life of Pi for the first time since I saw it in theaters. Fortunately, I had it on Blu-ray, so the graphics were up to par with how they were in theaters. Really like that movie. I read the book way back in middle school and loved it.

Also rewatched the Avengers the other night. Was fun, of course. I replayed all the Hulk's best moments because I laughed so much.

Been watching movies a lot since I'm on spring break.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

End of Watch is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Watched it and Minority Report lately, which was also decent.

The last movie I saw was a French/Portuguese film called I'm Going Home. It's a solid drama about an actor who is forced to accept that he's aging (8/10, for reference). It's also remarkable because the director, Manoel de Oliveira, directed it when he was 93. He's now 105 and still making movies - and good ones at that. A notable example of life not imitating art.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Someone a few pages ago talked about the movie The Raid.

Well, I saw in the previews when I went to see The Monuments Men that The Raid 2 is being made. That shit's gonna be intense.

As for The Monuments Men, I liked it a lot. Even though it is set in the time during the Nazi regime, fortunately it had very little super gory scenes. There were some occasional intense deaths, but nothing like Saving Private Ryan or other Nazi war movies. Actually, there was quite a lot of comedy in it, which really made the movie fun. And the plot was interesting enough. I'd give it a 9/10.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Went to watch 300: Rise of an Empire. I guess it was entertaining. So much blood and crazy shit. Pretty ridiculous. Also, there was a weird, violent, angry sex scene in it which my friend and I found extremely funny.

Definitely not worth $8.50. But I'd say a good movie to redbox when it comes out.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

The Descent - I have no idea what /x/ was raving about. Pointless prologue, stupid ending (UK version, but the part that annoyed me is present in both versions). Nice buildup though, and the setting was well-done. Relied way too much on jumpscares, but it had some decent scares as well. The thing that really killed it for me though is that it's far more of a survival movie than horror. I'm not saying that it's bad, just that it's not all it's hyped up to be.

Not sure if I should watch the sequel.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Stalker.

A 1979 film from the Soviet Union's finest.

Tarkovsky directed it, brothers Strugatskys wrote it.

I've got the file spread into 3 CD's, so far viewed only the first one (around one hour), but I have never watched anything so intense. Completely nerve-wracking. Chills all over my body.

Bonus points for being probably the most famous film ever that has at least partly been filmed in our very own capital.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Went and saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 tonight.

Damn. I'm a big fan and so I knew what might happen. But even though I was prepared, I was still pretty heart broken.

Great movie, though. Definitely preordering.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Locke - a short, low budget British film about a man driving to a hospital while he phones people and his life breaks down. Simple premise but v well done. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Dallas Buyer's Club. For a movie that's ultimately about tolerance, they sure did have a lot of cringe-worthy dialogue... And yet the actors made it work. I'd say Jared Leto deserves an award for his role, but I'd be a bit late.

Watched Godzilla. 9/10

Fight scenes were pretty awesome, especially the take downs. And Godzilla's roar is [bleep]ing cool.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I let a girl convince me to watch Frozen. Actually, it was decent overall and pretty well done as far as children's movies go.

A lot of children's movies, especially disney ones, are surprisingly good.

13 going on 30. Surprised me since i was expecting much less. I like romance movies.

I watched X-Men: Days of Future Past. Though I'm not big into X-Men and that whole storyline, I thought it was good. I had high expectations since it did so well review-wise. I'd give it a 9/10.

Other movies I've watched recently: Kung Fu Panda 2 (absolutely loved it), How to Train Your Dragon (another one of those awesome animated movies; excited for the second), Inside Man, first two X-Men.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Going to see The Edge of Tomorrow. Supposed to be pretty good given its reviews. My older sister is super excited for it. It looks pretty cool to me. I'll edit this post with a rating after I see it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Watched Neighbors, all the decent parts were in the trailers. 4/10.

Low_C.png