What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Edward Norton is one of my favourite actors, and he's brilliant in The Score. I'd never heard of it before I set out to watch all of his films, which is a shame.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Once again the $5 bin has rewarded my limited budget, this time with the Adam West era Batman movie. An hour and forty-five minute long episode with Lee Meriwether as Catwoman? Hells yes! :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I saw Elysium earlier. It felt rushed, and underdeveloped. Not to mention a few other things too, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I feel the same way. The idea was pretty cool, but the movie definitely didn't take full advantage of it. Entertaining movie, but I would have liked to see more out of it. 7.5/10

I also went to see 2 Guns. Denzel has always been a favorite actor of mine, and Mark Wahlberg was pretty good in Shooter, so I was excited for it. Definitely entertaining and very funny at parts. None of the action or punch lines seemed forced (like they did in A Good Day to Die Hard). I went in having completely forgotten the plot (or what the plot seemed to be from the trailer), so the number of twists were fun to experience. 9/10

And i saw Planes with my nephews and older sister. Many similarities to Cars, obviously. My nephews really liked the soundtrack, so they were playing the air guitar throughout the movie. They enjoyed it a bunch.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Picked up Uncle Buck yesterday. It's one of my favorite John Candy movies along with Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Spaceballs, Armed and Dangerous, Cool Runnings...

Who am I kidding? Trying to pick a favorite John Candy movie is like trying to pick a favorite type of chocolate; they're all awesome! :grin:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

citadel - a very interesting movie. really good atmosphere, the urban decay kinda setting is great. i don't know much about cinematography but i think it was pretty well shot.

the whole "poor children are literal demonic inhuman dogs" vibe is kinda suspect, though i managed to enjoy it regardless. though maybe they're criticising christianity, seeing as it's the priest who's peddling it all, haha. the protagonist's agoraphobia is definitely a big part of the imagery and plot resolution and stuff too, which is kinda cool.

the first two thirds is pretty slow to build suspense or whatever but the last third pays it off nicely.

Fun fact, there's like 6 or 7 characters in the movie, and two of them are Game of Thrones dudes.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Repo Men, Crank 1 & 2, Ace Ventura, Daredevil...one hell of a good weekend for TV background noise while playing RS.

I'd never seen Daredevil before and have to say it's not near as bad as I was lead to believe. It's not The Avengers (hell, it's not even Iron Man 3), but it's not the 1990 Captain America movie either (which is far and away the worst Marvel superhero movie I've ever seen). I loved that Kevin Smith got a cameo, though. That made my inner comic geek happy. :) I think they just tried to do too much in too little time.

God help me, I'm actually considering watching Elektra now.

God help me, I watched Elektra...which actually wasn't all that bad. It had better production value than Daredevil, with a much more coherent storyline. It could have done with fewer flashback cuts (yes, we get it, your mom's dead and it's the pain that drives you through life and why you identified with the girl and wanted to protect her...get on with the magical ninja fighting already!), but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I also finally saw last year's reboot of Total Recall. I love the original and this was a good updating of a classic (although, why they felt it needed updating is beyond me). The main story points were there, in a different setting with cooler tech, and the only thing really missing was the Johnny Cab sequence. The three breasted hooker was still there though, so I can't complain too much. :P I also loved the little bits they threw in as homages to the first one. I'll definitely be adding this one to my DVD shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

Getaway.

Just horrible. One chase and crash after another & almost no dialogue throughout the entire movie.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I vaguely remember Dare Devil. I'm not sure if its the passage of time, or the age at which I saw it, but I didn't think it was that bad. No real urge to see it again, but I did enjoy it. I think I've seen at least part of Elektra.

Watched Bridge to Terabithia with my kids yesterday, and it was totally not what I was expecting based on the trailers I remember. It's an excellent, heart-warming story that's well acted with seamless CGI and what has to be one of the saddest endings I think I've ever seen. We were actually crying.

Watched Bridge to Terabithia with my kids yesterday, and it was totally not what I was expecting based on the trailers I remember. It's an excellent, heart-warming story that's well acted with seamless CGI and what has to be one of the saddest endings I think I've ever seen. We were actually crying.

Urgh, I remember that one. A perfect example of the misleading trailer if I ever saw one. I think I've managed to scrub all the specifics of the plot out of my brain, but I remember that after that movie was done, all I could think about was that it was just awful in a 'my soul just died a little bit' kind of way. It almost makes The Virgin Suicides look cheerful by comparison. Anyway, I think the part I miss in that kind of movie is the heartwarming.

Pan's Labyrinth as well. Not as sad, or quite as misleading (or english), but still not exactly resembling the trailer, or a super cheery movie.

Went to the charity screening of Serenity this afternoon. It's as good today as the first time I saw it.

Big Trouble in Little China. What more needs to be said? I first saw it when I was 11 or 12 and it never gets old.

Upstream Colors - I have read very good reviews of this movie and after watching it I'm a bit disappointed. At first I thought it would be "Black Mirror" climate but unfortunately it wasn't. I did'nt understand this movie and do not recommend it to you.

Visita il mio blog per mamme e bambini www.mammaebambino.eu

The Man From Earth

Watched this film again last night. First time I saw it was about 2009, and I was amazed, truly. If you're into anything sci-fi or philosophical, or fantasy to some extent - this is worth a watch.

I don't want to spoil it, but it is loosely about the notion of a man who has lived since the upper palaeolithic; 14,000 years until present day. The entire film bar a few minor scenes is all set it one room, with the same cast, heavily focused on dialogue.

watch it!

Prisoners

It was quite good, I liked it a lot. Gave you a lot to think about and figure out when you were done. Has quite a few religious elements in it though - to be honest.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Watched Sharknado last night, and boy is it bad. When Tara Reid is the best known actor in a movie, you know it's bad. :lol:

I can see why it became a cult hit though, all the campy acting and shark deaths were kind of entertaining. Definitely the kind of movie best watched with booze and half bagged friends.

Watched Sharknado last night, and boy is it bad. When Tara Reid is the best known actor in a movie, you know it's bad. :lol:

I can see why it became a cult hit though, all the campy acting and shark deaths were kind of entertaining. Definitely the kind of movie best watched with booze and half bagged friends.

I saw it was on, but unfortunately on a channel I don't have. I was gonna watch it, but since I couldn't I watched Hot Tub Time Machine instead.

And I'm still not sure what I think of that movie...

pacific rim - very fun, tho you wouldn't go and see it for the stunning interpersonal drama, cuz most of the acting is rubbish. the action sequences are great compared to a lot of movies these days.

i definitely wouldn't be averse to seeing like a prequel or smth. seeing more of the russian or chinese jaegers would be nice. maybe some worldbuilding stuff, it would be nice to see how people would've adapted to stuff like that. i also think they could've come up with a better reason for why there were only 4 jaegers hanging about though it's not that big a deal. and no spoilers but it was pretty clever how they set up the kaiju becoming more threatening.

it was also pretty funny that they pulled the same visual gag in the space of like 5 minutes or so.

i'm glad i hadn't really heard much about it cuz i think i would've gotten real excited and been disappointed.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men