What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

I saw The Conjuring, it's actually a proper return to scary/horror films in the sense it relied on strictly its' scare factor to pull an R rating, don't get me wrong there was some profane language but basically next to zero blood. Unlike the remake of Evil Dead (which I did enjoy) but it relied on its' gore factor to pull an R rating and to get its' thrills. I thought the story behind The Conjuring was compelling and interesting.

Despicable Me 2. Liking the comedies. I really don't watch enough of them, but there are not many I like to see more than once. Also something about The Heat getting a sequel. Not really sure how that will work, didn't hit me as setting up for that, but if it does, I'll see that.

Saw despicable me 2 a few weeks back, loved the first one and the second did not disappoint :D

The Worlds End was a lot of fun, a few problems with plot perhaps but overall a great watch. I still prefer hot fuzz though

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Funny you should mention Hot Fuzz, I just picked up a new copy of it (double pack with Shawn of the Dead...my ex took my copy when she moved out). Looking forward to watching it tonight. :)

Edit: It's as awesome as I remember!

Edited by Kaida23

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Is The World's End out yet? I just saw the trailer for the first time today.. Looks exactly like Hot Fuzz but with Robots. Not sure I'm in for a repeat.

I saw the new Wolverine movie earlier. It's was a bit of a let down. It got kind of weird near the end and it just wasn't for me. One of the more exciting parts of the film was the after credits preview for the next x-men film.

tFtfA.jpg

Recently watched 3 films at the cinema:

Monster's University - Fine. alright but hardly one of the best Pixar films ever. Doesn't have any real feels to it.

Pacific Rim - Awesome. Loved the action, felt the story wasn't too stupid. Giant robots done really well.

Man of Steel - Crap. Had a good start to it but by the end I was just amazed by how much wanton destruction was going on. Like seriously, Superman will stop a fight to catch a single falling guy but he will throw enemies through petrol stations, tankers and Skyscrapers, surely killing hundreds and thousands of people in the process.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I watched Trance and The Place Beyond the Pines this weekend. Trance was a bit different of a movie, reminded me a bit of Fight Club at the end. I heard a lot of buzz around Pines when it hit theaters but never had the chance to see it. It was definitely worthy of the hype. Good film that sends you on this full circle journey.

Edit: also watched The Fall, a new BBC series this past week. I'd recommend everyone to give it a watch. It can be found on Netflix.

tFtfA.jpg

Saw The World's End. Loved it. Just as good as the previous two in the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy. Was waiting the whole movie for the Cornetto, but I saw it. It'll definitely find its way into my list of often re-watched films.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I watched 'Hackers' last night. It was a great film considering I got it for £1. The main characters are 'Dade Murphy' Aka Crash Override/Zero Cool. When he was ten he crashed 1507 computers on Wall Street - he was banned from touching a computer/mobile device until his 18th birthday (Imagine that.) Also 'Acid Burn' played by Angelina Jolie. The films was made in the 80's (I think.) A junior hacker in their group of friends hacks into a multi-million pound company and gets the group of teen hackers involved in conspiracy by hacking. The hacking world units as the team of teenage hackers take on 'The Plague' who is framing them for planting his own virus into his own system.

Best catchphrase of the film 'Mess with the best, die like the rest'

The tech they talk about is seriously dated, but it's still good. I have a copy on VHS that I watch every so often.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The tech they talk about is seriously dated, but it's still good. I have a copy on VHS that I watch every so often.

I agree - I wasn't expecting much from it considering its age, but the general idea of the film is cool. I would certainly watch a new version of the film - it'd be a lot more advanced though when you consider the technology that is out there today. One thing I didn't like was the dream sequences which seemed to frequent for me personally.

World War Z

Couldn't finish it. Total garbage, even if you try to forget it's (not really) an adaptation of an infinitely better book. Which I think I'll re-read, now.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The last movie i saw was "Rise of the planet of the apes" it took a while to get into and it was abit boring at the start but once the action got going it was pretty cool, I'd watch it if you haven't and if you love the original movie.

sythor2.png

-Sythor2

I half-assed watch Lore (Australian/German film) over the past two nights (only a 109 minute movie). It was a very unique story of surviving Germany after Hitler's immediate death. I won't give it a rating until I'm able to give it a proper watch.

tFtfA.jpg

Watched The Score and The Da Vinci Code last night, both great movies.

I've always thought The Score was seriously underrated. Robert DeNiro and Edward Norton (who's usually underrated) are brilliant, playing off each other perfectly in a cat and mouse game while planning a big heist in the Montreal Customs House. Angela Basset and Marlon Brando really bring the secondary storylines to life with just the right bits of emotion and tension added to the main plot. It's a little slow at the beginning, but never feels like it's dragging; the pacing and atmosphere are great. I highly recommend this one. :thumbup:

I'm sure everyone is familiar with The Da Vinci Code. Tom Hanks (who's one of my all time favorite actors, ever since Bosom Buddies when I was a kid) rarely disappoints, and this is no exception. Now, I don't believe in the whole world-wide-cover-up-concpiracy thing, but it's an interesting story with just enough actual fact to make you want to believe. And in the end, isn't that the goal of every movie? To make the audience believe it's real, or could be real? It's a fun movie to get lost in for a couple of hours.