Should Mouse Keys Be Illegal (reportable)

Atom Smash40

Just as the topic states.

JaGeX has stated that they allow mousekeys in the game, but many people still believe that they should be banned.

My stand: LEGAL

They make the game faster for those who need to get exp from slow skills (ie. RC and Mining). Everyone (but Mac users) has access to them; whether they know how to use them or not is a different story. It's not botting because you are still PHYSICALLY using the keyboard and mouse to make clicks (the computer/some program isn't playing the game for you).

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

No.

Its like saying if I use a gaming grade mouse its unfair or I use a keyboard with nice big buttons.

Mousekeys are a tool for the disabled, but making it a ban-able offense it would be discriminating against people with disabilities.

For example if I have 1 hand then using a keyboard all the time is going to be easier then trying to jiggle a mouse and a keyboard.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Legal. They're available for everyone, and it's in no way like using a macro because you still have to press the keys yourself. You can also be faster than others at using mousekeys, it's not like using them gives you instant success or something.

2dvjurb.png

No, any more than using a precision mouse should be reportable.

but... a precision mouse gives you an advantage over people with non precision mice. What's the difference from mousekeys then?

What.

what is your take on this, commandr?

modmarkl.jpg

Legal.

EVERYONE can use mousekeys. This is why it is legal. you are not disadvantaged because you CHOOSE NOT to use it. How can you justify forcing other people to use a disadvantaged way of training to make it even for you?

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Legal.

EVERYONE can use mousekeys. This is why it is legal. you are not disadvantaged because you CHOOSE NOT to use it. How can you justify forcing other people to use a disadvantaged way of training to make it even for you?

Pantim, wouldn't that argument apply to dozens of other things like macroing or RWT'ing? Everyone can choose to do those as well, but it doesn't make them legal or right.

DISCLAIMER: Not intended disrespectfully or as flaming. Also, I agree with Pantim's position, just not his logic.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

Wait, there are people who think it should be illegal? That's dumb, why?

I don't know :? ask Psi Kia Kai. he thinks they should be bannable

modmarkl.jpg

Legal.

Pantim, wouldn't that argument apply to dozens of other things like macroing or RWT'ing? Everyone can choose to do those as well, but it doesn't make them legal or right.

DISCLAIMER: Not intended disrespectfully or as flaming. Also, I agree with Pantim's position, just not his logic.

There's a subtle difference:

Mouse keys are already turned on (I believe) on every computer.

Macros must either be made or searched for to obtain.

Both are available to everyone. It's more of the passive/active stance on several issues.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Because less than 2% of the entire RS population actually knows how to use MouseKeys, I wouldn't care if they're made bannable or not.

I understand it might seem unfair if you see a guy dropping all this ores at the speed of light, but you could always switch worlds if it hurts your eyes. I don't think its effect on the economy is noticeable.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I fail at using mousekeys, because my monitor is too large and I can't change my GHz. So, I'll never be able to use the damn thing.

But why should they be against the rules? It isn't a macro and it isn't a major advantage. I can drop logs about 3-5 seconds less quicker than someone with mousekeys anyway :P

disturbeda.png

No.

Its like saying if I use a gaming grade mouse its unfair or I use a keyboard with nice big buttons.

Mousekeys are a tool for the disabled, but making it a ban-able offense it would be discriminating against people with disabilities.

For example if I have 1 hand then using a keyboard all the time is going to be easier then trying to jiggle a mouse and a keyboard.

any idea wherei could get a keyboardd with big buttons?

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

I dont think it should be bannable. It's almost the same as someone using a wireless mouse from ye'-distance afar from the computer to wherever your sitting.

a certain 3pm comes to mind...

modmarkl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Legal.

There's a subtle difference:

Mouse keys are already turned on (I believe) on every computer.

Macros must either be made or searched for to obtain.

Both are available to everyone. It's more of the passive/active stance on several issues.

Forgot about this;

Mousekeys assist you

Macroes do things for you.

Its not the same

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Mousekeys is only really used when people try to play the game to be cool

E.G 'efficiently'. "Look at me, I am doing things fast, boring myself to pieces, but I'm better than you at a game that requires no skill except carpal tunnel prevention!" ;)

But sure if people wanna use it, go ahead. Its for disabled people. Making mousekeys illegal would basically be biased irl.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Legal.

It's implemented into Windows, and it isn't a cheating device, so why should it be illegal?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention