Gathering blue charms

Tafkan

Which monsters are good and reliable blue charm droppers? (that I can actually kill at a decent rate with my levels)

Tafkan.png

[hide=Achievements]Quest Cape - 31st October 2009

68,238th to Fletching Cape - 7th February 2010

Champion's tackle box - 26th July 2010

Nomad killed - 4th of November 2010

140,305th to Woodcutting Cape - 12th April 2011

187,690th to Cooking Cape - 6th June 2011

72,234th to Fishing Cape - 7th July 2011

19,010th to Crafting Cape - 8th July 2011[/hide]

abberant spectres are the only decent ones i can think of at your lvl, but imo you should always hunt for crimsons instead of blue.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Kalphite soldiers, Aberrant Spectres, Tormented Demons, and Corporeal Beast are probably the most reliable monsters for blues. This doesn't mean your getting 50-75 blues/hr at those monsters like waterfiend crimsons. They just drop blues a bit more often then the other charms, but overall are very slow charms. On top of that your stats aren't in the efficient levels which makes hunting blues an even worse training route.

I'd suggest slaying for charms because majority of slayer monsters drop a decent amount of charms. Other monsters you can kill for crimsons at your levels are Dust Devils (will have to get slay up), and Black Demons.

Rock Lobsters > Waterfiends > Black Demons >> Dust Devils

randomkcopyq.png

Listen to what Lord_Diddy said. Best to hunt for crimsons and just let the blues come in on the side. Along with what Diddy said, Suqahs and Aquanites also drop blues more often then some other creatures. But you can't kill Aquanites.

Slayer is a good way to get a variety of charms. Once you hit 65 you can camp dusties for crimsons or continure slaying.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I found Armoured Zombies to be something like 16-24 blue charms per hour... So that's about what 20 blues/hour average.

This is the best I have gotten so far, though I have never went hunting for blue charms, I was just training my attack.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I found Armoured Zombies to be something like 16-24 blue charms per hour... So that's about what 20 blues/hour average.

This is the best I have gotten so far, though I have never went hunting for blue charms, I was just training my attack.

Uhhhh no way do Azs drop 20 blues/hour...

More like 5 blue charms/hr.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Nothing drops a lot of blue charms. As said above just go for crimsons and let the others add up. Also, save all blues for geyser titans.

FYI: Only do that if you have quite a bit of GP to use as the water talismans are costly. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, Moss Titans works just fine.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

No, I think you misunderstood. I don't want the blues for training - already got my crimsons and greens for that. I want them to actually make some high-end familiars, like titans.

Anyway, looks like several people suggested abby spectres, going to check them out first, thanks. :)

Tafkan.png

[hide=Achievements]Quest Cape - 31st October 2009

68,238th to Fletching Cape - 7th February 2010

Champion's tackle box - 26th July 2010

Nomad killed - 4th of November 2010

140,305th to Woodcutting Cape - 12th April 2011

187,690th to Cooking Cape - 6th June 2011

72,234th to Fishing Cape - 7th July 2011

19,010th to Crafting Cape - 8th July 2011[/hide]

If your done Defender of Varrock you should kill armoured zombies. In my experience in 1 trip ( about 2 hours long ) I get 10-20 blue charms along with about around 170k xp or more. I got 500 blue charms.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Bosses are your best bet. Tormented demons, especially, have great Blue charm drop rates.

Last trip, I killed 14, of which I got 21 blue charms, 12 gold, 6 crimsons and 3 greens.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

This :thumbsup:

Kalphite soldiers, Aberrant Spectres, Tormented Demons, and Corporeal Beast are probably the most reliable monsters for blues. This doesn't mean your getting 50-75 blues/hr at those monsters like waterfiend crimsons. They just drop blues a bit more often then the other charms, but overall are very slow charms. On top of that your stats aren't in the efficient levels which makes hunting blues an even worse training route.

I'd suggest slaying for charms because majority of slayer monsters drop a decent amount of charms. Other monsters you can kill for crimsons at your levels are Dust Devils (will have to get slay up), and Black Demons.

Rock Lobsters > Waterfiends > Black Demons >> Dust Devils

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

The only monster that actually has a decent blue charm drop rate is Bork. Kill him once a day for 5 blue charms. If you only need them for personal use, five a day plus any you happen to get from your crimson droppers ought to be enough to make pouches faster than you use them up.

And if you run out, just use one of the familiars from another charm--at most summoning levels, there isn't a big difference. For example, hydras and giant ents (green charm familiars) are about the same effectiveness as moss or ice titans, with almost the exact same combat stats. (The fire titan is still a little better because more enemies are weak to magic, but not by a terribly huge margin.) The only time there's a significant gap is from 89-91 summoning, when you definitely want geyser titans instead of spirit dagannoths.

well if you did what lies below quest and hunted bork or that mage thriugh the chaos tunnel you can kill bork one a day for 5 blue 5-7 red green gold charms once a day even with your stats wouldnt be to bad just melee prayer with food since mage hits you for 20+ thats what i do for blues other then that slayer tasks never hunt for blues

phixcire.png

D.Drops=Skirt9 Med9 Spear2 Visage2 Legs6 boots35 shield half1 whip15 dbow5

phixcire.png

phixcire.png

I've heard some great things about cannoning Wallasalkis, but I've also heard that they fail.

From my experience as a slayer, these are the monsters (from the shilo master) that drop the most blue charms:

- Dark beast (looks like you don't have the requirement)

- Gargoyles ( same as dark beasts)

- Aberrant Specters (lots of banking involved if you plan on banking all herbs worth more than 1K)

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

From my experience as a slayer, these are the monsters (from the shilo master) that drop the most blue charms:

- Dark beast (looks like you don't have the requirement)

- Gargoyles ( same as dark beasts)

- Aberrant Specters (lots of banking involved if you plan on banking all herbs worth more than 1K)

For Abbys, I only take kwuarm and ranarr herbs, as well as any seeds (kwuarm, snap, and dwarf weed), adamant legs, battlestaves, and mystic.

There are herbs worth over 1k and less then kwuarm, but they aren't worth picking up, esp. if you are cannoning like I do.

For Abbys, I only take kwuarm and ranarr herbs, as well as any seeds (kwuarm, snap, and dwarf weed), adamant legs, battlestaves, and mystic.

There are herbs worth over 1k and less then kwuarm, but they aren't worth picking up, esp. if you are cannoning like I do.

It's a matter of opinion when saying it's worth it or not. I also cannon them and always bring a familiar (war tortoise) to bank more and I usually bank when the familiar is near death, which is frequently when I run out of monkfish.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

It's a matter of opinion when saying it's worth it or not. I also cannon them and always bring a familiar (war tortoise) to bank more and I usually bank when the familiar is near death, which is frequently when I run out of monkfish.

You don't pray when you cannon?

I do the same. With a War Tortoise, I can fill up it's 18 spaces and almost any free room I have in my invent just on kwuarms/ranarr herbs and no other herbs (except perhaps dwarf weed).

No I don't pray when I cannon, with enough mage def and monkfish, I usually get a full invent pretty quick and bank in less than 1 minute with my ring of slaying.

99 def and mage sure helps though.

langerkiller.png

Why not just use a macaw instead of war t? Better herbs means less cannon balls = more gp per kill. With slayer rings and rings of dueling (or house tele then mounted glory) its only 30 seconds banking and you can leave the cannon there.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

No I don't pray when I cannon, with enough mage def and monkfish, I usually get a full invent pretty quick and bank in less than 1 minute with my ring of slaying.

99 def and mage sure helps though.

Oh but you're banking pretty often then?

I don't bank during my tasks. I kill them all in one go.