Do you prefer large forum communities or small ones?

Princess Viola

I'd like to compare them to underwear.

Sometimes its constrictive at first, but eventually they become a part of you.

You also want some room for movement, so they shouldn't be too small. :thumbup:

Off-Topic is a good size. Then again, most of the RuneScape board doesn't leave it.

In larger communities, it's harder to meet people, and topics seem to get spammed and filled quicker than you can read.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Smaller ones, both from a user and mod perspective. I quit using forums that became gigantic like IGN, well that plus they kicked out us ordinary mods after they went commercial years ago & hired lots of new ones.

In a forum where you don't know 99.9% of the people posting, a topic sinks to page 3 within 60 seconds, there are literally thousands of mods.. I find no enjoyment. Tip.it is pretty good, it's not overactive but far from dead. Haven't been interested in RS for ages, just keep coming back here mostly for the good OT section.

Looking at colossal forums like Gaia online they have topics with up to 30,000 pages on the front section of some boards. It must be such a headache. Or the biggest Diablo trading forum. Just the sports section of off topic has more posts than all of tip.it put together. They have to place a lot of trust in the community policing itself, due to the volume of posts.

I wonder how TIF measures up against other RuneScape forums, fansites.

Zybez and RuneHQ I'm thinking. :-k

Post wise, not so close.

Community wise, P0WN3D SON. :thumbsup: ::' ::' ::' :thumbsup: 8-) ::' :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I wonder how TIF measures up against other RuneScape forums, fansites.

Zybez and RuneHQ I'm thinking. :-k

I also used the RuneHQ forums back when I played (...like 4 years ago...), and as you can probably tell I stopped using them, but continued using TIF.

I think the OT section here is much better than most other OT sections on other forums - dunno about how the General boards compare though.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Off-Topic is a good size. Then again, most of the RuneScape board doesn't leave it.

Ok, I'll admit, that was one of your better ones.

Large is good. I'm a member of a community with about all of 5 active users, and it is dead as a doornail except for occasional spurts.

Shameless self-advertisement.

It's a good place overall, but we need people.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

\'

5 People ? Yeah, I imagine that'd get stale quickly. But as for OT, no one new actually comes here.

I enjoy whatever size tip.it is now. I know quite a few people from forums and Lady Heinous chat.. but there are still lots of strangers.

EDIT: To view your link, we must be members of the site.

Tip.it is the perfect community size. And it seems like whenever we lose someone, we get a new poster to replace them. I love it here <3:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

\'

5 People ? Yeah, I imagine that'd get stale quickly. But as for OT, no one new actually comes here.

Hmm, that's not true. I remember when YOU started posting on OT frequently. Housepig, Wongtong, Racheya, and I think maybe even Zierro, just to name a few. And I_Hate_Libs started posting a lot now and she wasn't here last month.

I haven't posted much or became part of the community as much as others, but I've been here quite a bit and notice new members keep coming, they just get so used to it feels like they came a long time ago. ::'

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

\'

Hmm, that's not true. I remember when YOU started posting on OT frequently. Housepig, Wongtong, Racheya, and I think maybe even Zierro, just to name a few. And I_Hate_Libs started posting a lot now and she wasn't here last month.

I haven't posted much or became part of the community as much as others, but I've been here quite a bit and notice new members keep coming, they just get so used to it feels like they came a long time ago. ::'

Why'd you capitalize "YOU" ?

I feel intimidated. :P

Before even, I use to just stay in Help and Advice. Never use to stray to other RS related boards. Then, I came over here.

But what I meant was, that new users don't come to OT in droves. And there is a relatively low proportion here, of people that still play RS. You don't see people register on TIF and then directly head over to General Discussion. Usually they post in other boards, getting their post count up, before settling in OT.

Have you seen anyone with under 100 posts, here on OT frequently ?

I like communities for different reasons. If it's a clan community, I don't mind if it's small, but overall for fansite communities I prefer larger ones. It gives a broader spectrum of people to communicate with and to make friends with.

j0xPu5R.png