Do you prefer large forum communities or small ones?

Princess Viola

Personally, I prefer smaller ones, while they may seem "dead" it does allow for lots of in-jokes and fads.

For example I started this Bill Nye thread. http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=5032.0.

It may seem like Spam, yes, but that's why it's in Mindless Junk on that forums.

Medium. Not so big that threads get 100 pages a day (or whatever) and that you barely know anyone, but not so small that no one ever posts. Tip.it is a good example I guess.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

It says you have to log in to see that topic.

And TIF is the only forum I really use, so I don't really know.

Oh yeah.

The Mindless Junk forum is only for logged in users.

The the thread was just this gif

d11ba0cc528b777f84020a56939886be.gif

Bill, Bill, Bill

and people using move tags to make it move. I also have it in my sig now.

Medium I guess, not so big that pages get thousands of replies in a week or something.

Just big enough that people know each other and can actually read stuff without going through tons and tons of pages.

Bill Nye is a jackass.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I don't know. What would tip.it be considered? Small is good, because you can recognize other members, instead different people each time. OT is a nice size, because you see a lot of the same faces (for lack of a better word), but still enough new people to keep things from getting stale.

mbqyk3.gif

I don't know. What would tip.it be considered? Small is good, because you can recognize other members, instead different people each time. OT is a nice size, because you see a lot of the same faces (for lack of a better word), but still enough new people to keep things from getting stale.

I think it would be considered medium. Or close enough to it at least.

I agree with what you said as well.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Around this size. When I went to RSC, I hated it. It's a bigger community with a lot of jackasses. I used smaller communities as well, but it took days to get replies to threads, which sucked.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Oh yeah.

Bill, Bill, Bill

and people using move tags to make it move. I also have it in my sig now.

My lord, do you get a woodie by being as annoying as possible or something?

Tip.It's size is quite nice. There are enough user's that we have a nice diversity, with many different opinions coming in to debate topics. The smaller the community, the more you get to know the users, but the less opinions you get on a particular subject. I like the larger communities better.

Though, on the other hand, I have to deal with more issues in a larger community, so from a moderator standpoint a smaller community is much easier. But where's the fun in that? ;)

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm a fan of a larger active community personally. I hate see threads sit still. I like to see when I first check a forum or something like a whole new page of post something to get the original thread fresh and alive and come back like 12 hours later and see the same thing.

tFtfA.jpg

Oh yeah.

woody-2.jpg[[/hide]

I would correct you by posting a picture of a woodie, but then I would get banned.

woody?

[hide=My name's Woody]]woody-2.jpg[[/hide]

I would correct you by posting a picture of a woodie, but then I would get banned.

Woody jr?

[hide=]6440.jpg[/hide]

I have no idea why I'm in this mood today btw.

-----

I'm a fan of TIF size. Easy to remember peoples names, who they are and how they post, and not easy to forget.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Definitely tif size.

Big enough to keep everything fresh, but with enough regular posters to know everyone :)

I use another forum for Mechscape (Mechscape World). Because the game is still in the shadows and out of the limelight, not many people are talking about it and even less are discussing it on forums. So, the community is quite small, with maybe 20-25 major posters, a few regular posters and the rest with 2 or less posts asking "what is a mechscape?". Obviously the forum is quite dead so I left until the game is released :P

disturbeda.png

I like tip.it sized.

Picture this though. A small Harry Potter role playing community of about 10 people, 8 of them female, 3 of them teenagers most people with admin powers... that's where I lived before coming to Tip.It. You'd think with a community that small everyone would like each other but noooo. I accidentallied myself a whole permaban after almost 14,000 posts there. I've never seen such a overly dramatic place in my life. Half of the people there whine about their lives, there's one definite emo that threatens to kill herself when people's attention drifts away from her. I got in so many arguments they eventually kicked me out. Ungrateful people. >.<

I've been in a big community though and I found that if you're not in the 'in-crowd' (this was female dominant too) then you never got many friends and there was a definite correlation between popularity and moderatorship =/

I like tip.it a lot, it's a good size and not overly hormonal.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].