08-Sep-09 Recent Updates Faq

Toad

This Week's Updates - FAQ

This sticky has been created in response to the most commonly asked questions regarding the recent game updates.

Whilst we continue to gather feedback, we will add any other frequently asked questions regarding this update to this thread.

Be sure to come back regularly!

"Why can we not have more than one skillcape?"

When we launched the capes, it was never intended for a player to get more than one of each cape. Due to a bug, we had to change that.

Recently, we found a way to fix that bug, so we reintroduced the restriction. However, due to your feedback and reassessing the restriction, we will be changing it back so that you will be able to buy additional skillcapes.

"I don't like the cursors!"

Don't fret, you don't have to use them. You can turn them off in the Game Options menu.

"I think that the stock of item X is far too low!"

Over the coming weeks, we will be monitoring the stock carefully, and if we see that the market does not provide a sufficient amount of certain commodities, we will look in to individual solutions.

We have been reading your feedback and, in response, a few stock related changes will be made with the next game update.

"Will you bring back buy-x option?"

The shop rework brought back the variable prices when buying from the shop. This means that, if the stock gets lower, the prices increase.

Buy-x relied on fixed prices and, therefore, is not compatible with the variable prices in the shop. This is why we had to remove it.

"Why did you do add personalised shops?"

This update was needed to bring some prices in to order.

We have had too many restrictions on the Grand Exchange which prevented many item prices from reaching what they were actually worth. Many of the restrictions were bound to the infinite stock in shops; it is only by getting rid of infinite stock that we are able to get rid of most of the constraints.

The Grand Exchange is now much more flexible when reacting to supply and demand. It also makes some manipulation harder as it can no longer be masked by the restrictions.

This update helps our efforts to create fair, yet unrestricted, trading in RuneScape. Hopefully, you will see the positive effects of this update to their full extent soon.

"Did you remove some of the safe spots on purpose?"

No, they were effected by the game engine changes.

We shall be investigating them on a case by case basis.

Quick find code: 15-16-818-59545512

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

:D

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

:D

:D Me too. Safespotting is where it's at, bro dawg.

And only one skill cape at a time? That may have been a good idea before it was released, but it's been that way for so long that changing it now is pretty absurd. At least they realized that and aren't keeping the idea.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

woooooooooooooooooot

Can't wait for that update <3

Welp, say goodbye to Summoning! Without Buy-x, you're all going to have to buy 50 shards at a time- with already limited stock. The only real alternative is making/buying pouches and returning them for shards- defeating the purpose of making them in the first place.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

We have had too many restrictions on the Grand Exchange which prevented many item prices from reaching what they were actually worth. Many of the restrictions were bound to the infinite stock in shops; it is only by getting rid of infinite stock that we are able to get rid of most of the constraints.

The Grand Exchange is now much more flexible when reacting to supply and demand. It also makes some manipulation harder as it can no longer be masked by the restrictions.

This update helps our efforts to create fair, yet unrestricted, trading in RuneScape. Hopefully, you will see the positive effects of this update to their full extent soon.

Can somebody please explain how this combats merchanters?

It only allows them to put a COMPLETE stranglehold on some basic, required items, as opposed to before, where it was impossible to merchant some of them, because anybody could get them.

And does this mean no more price caps? As in no more absolute minimum/maximum prices on the GE?

Again, I fail to see JaGex's reasoning, but then again, that might be just me.

2vlwv1v.png

Can somebody please explain how this combats merchanters?

It only allows them to put a COMPLETE stranglehold on some basic, required items, as opposed to before, where it was impossible to merchant some of them, because anybody could get them.

And does this mean no more price caps? As in no more absolute minimum/maximum prices on the GE?

Again, I fail to see JaGex's reasoning, but then again, that might be just me.

Just minimum caps, and no you're not the only one who doesn't see the point.

In fact, you brought up a good point- with limited supplies of many items, including sought after Summoning seconds and runes, suddenly, items that were not manipulable before are.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Welp, say goodbye to Summoning! Without Buy-x, you're all going to have to buy 50 shards at a time- with already limited stock. The only real alternative is making/buying pouches and returning them for shards- defeating the purpose of making them in the first place.

Well, since shards and pouches always have the same price no matter what the stock is shouldn't they retain a buy x option? Or do the prices fluctuate? I dunno as I don't have members anymore.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Well, since shards and pouches always have the same price no matter what the stock is shouldn't they retain a buy x option? Or do the prices fluctuate? I dunno as I don't have members anymore.

What I've hear is that you can no longer buy-x for shards either. I dunno if prices fluctuate though- if they do, Summoning just got MORE expensive.

Seriously, thought. Infinite stock is one of the reasons why Summoning worked. The shard consumption for many pouches is absolutely obscene; with limited stock, it's absolutely painful.

Concering Last weeks bugfixes and the latest installment of the dwarf quest.

We're having some small problems with the update, so we think it may be with you early tomorrow instead, sorry for the delay.

Quick find code: 25-26-847-59490895

The shop rework brought back the variable prices when buying from the shop. This means that, if the stock gets lower, the prices increase.

Buy-x relied on fixed prices and, therefore, is not compatible with the variable prices in the shop. This is why we had to remove it.

So it seems you cannot have both fixed price shops & variable price shops in the game engine at the same time. It must be one or the other.

Sorry, but this just sounds bogus to me. I'm not buyin' it.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

So it seems you cannot have both fixed price shops & variable price shops in the game engine at the same time. It must be one or the other.

Sorry, but this just sounds bogus to me. I'm not buyin' it.

They can implement them in indivudal shops. It's not an all or nothing issue.

My guess is that summoning stores will be changed to a different system. Perhaps similar to buying battlestaves from Zaff. You speak to the NPC (or right click>buy shards) and type how much of shards (or pouches) you want. The NPC then says how much it will cost and you can either accept or decline.

*edit - Didn't see the post above before I posted. Good minds think alike :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

[hide=]

IDK where to post this so here will do.

mmmwaterwall.png

I think it may be the edge of the map but seems to be a few people stirring a fuss about a possible path to a new land etc etc.

Anyone who cares ; Its northwest of the phoenix lair

[/hide]

Not sure if it's a bug or not with RT5 although It'd make perfect sense for Jagex to prepare the updates ready for after RT5 to take full advantage of the new water reflections etc as they would just texture at water, and not put anything below, you never know.

Side note has anyone checked out the Periscope that was appearing after the penguin quest since RT5? maybe that looks more *interesting*

[hide=Picture]mmmwaterwall.png[/hide]

I think it may be the edge of the map but seems to be a few people stirring a fuss about a possible path to a new land etc etc.

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

Jammy2222.png

Jammy2222.png

I don't really get their reasoning behind the Personalised Shops. I'm sure it took a few weeks to develop and people are saying just scrap it, so I guess it's a bit dis-heartening.

Best quote ever.

I don't see how the summoning thing is a problem if there fixing it soon.

I brought about 8m in shards a week ago coverted them to shards (cost me 22.4 per shard).

Once you hit about 40 summoning its much cheaper to simply convert pouches to shards.

At this moment the best pouch is 22.76 gp/shard which is still over 2 gp cheaper.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The problem with infinite stock is that "supply and demand" can't exist on any of the items with infinite stock. It means that the GE was having unfair values because the minimum price would never go below the infinite stock item's value. But since you could buy them from a shop, those items never sold on the GE, and stagnated even though their price should have gone lower or higher.

Infinite stock was a bad idea to begin with. I'm not certain how it effects merchants, but I can see if having some sort of effect. By removing infinite stock, they could solve many of the "stuck" item problems, and maybe even change their base code surrounding the GE. More fluid and responsive prices is better for everyone.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Best quote ever.

I don't see how the summoning thing is a problem if there fixing it soon.

I brought about 8m in shards a week ago coverted them to shards (cost me 22.4 per shard).

Once you hit about 40 summoning its much cheaper to simply convert pouches to shards.

At this moment the best pouch is 22.76 gp/shard which is still over 2 gp cheaper.

and then since the speed of gathering charms has been drastically reduced those pouches and all otheres close to 25gp a shard sky rocket and the uber rich are the only ones who can now speed traing summoning..

so gladi used all my charms the day before..buying 550k shards with this stock option would have been impossible

James_scholl.gif