09-Sep-09 Dwarf Quest + patch notes

Toad

9th September 2009 - Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf

Those of you who have completed Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf may remember discovering a dire threat to the Dwarven city of Keldagrim. Then again, given the nature of that quest, you may have discovered it and not remember.

In today's new quest the people of Keldagrim are under threat once again. Dwarves have been going missing, and Commander Veldaban does not have the guards he needs to properly investigate. Volunteer to help him and you'll unravel a mystery with grave consequences for both the city and for Veldaban himself. This time, can you escape with your memory intact?

This quest unlocks access to a new mining area in Keldagrim and a combat area with unique drops.

We've also released a new story in the Lores and Histories section of the website. The Coat Thief deals with an incident in Commander Veldaban's life that begins the chain of events leading up to the start of the new quest.

Mod John A

RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to start Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf:

Speak to Commander Veldaban in the Black Guard HQ in Keldagrim West.

Requirements to complete Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf:

61 Hunter

61 Firemaking

69 Strength

Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf

Between a Rock...

In other news...

The delays/click lag and other slightly slower actions caused by last weeks engine upgrade should now have disappeared and all behaviour should be back to normal.

We've created a new item - the spirit shard pack - that contains 5,000 spirit shards for your purchasing pleasure. Also, pet shop owners now accept large quantities of spirit shards via a right-click sell option.

The following items have increased in stock in their respective shops: harpoons, jugs of water, death runes, empty buckets, cooking apples and butterfly jars.

The Keldagrim Consortium has decided to make Keldagrim easier for humans to reach. Mine cart travel to and from Keldagrim is now free of charge, and there is an additional mine cart route between Keldagrim and the Grand Exchange in Varrock.

The dwarf traders in the Keldagrim trade floor can now be pick-pocketed with level 90 Thieving.

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Gabooty and a few other NPCs have had their animations corrected.

* A cutscene in A Forgettable Tale... has been reworked from an outdated style.

* Resolved a problem with some stairs that didn't appear to have a texture on them.

* Put the scarecrow graphic back on the leprechaun tool exchange interface.

* Fixed an issue with the penguin suit during a cutscene.

* Fixed a render issue when teleporting to the Runecrafting Guild.

Engine

* Fixed an engine issue that meant the circus distraction and diversion icon didn't move around correctly on the world map.

* Ensured that people on your Friends and Ignore Lists are accurately displayed as being online or not.

* You can now click on the QuickChat icon in the chat box once again.

* Users experiencing high CPU usage since the RuneTek 5 update will hopefully see this has dropped to previous levels.

* We've also fixed a large majority of game crashes that users have been experiencing.

Miscellaneous

* Improved various dragons fire-breath code behaviour to match the KBD's existing behaviour. The actual animation has not changed.

* Magic runes have had their Grand Exchange upper price caps increased.

* Fixed the attack range of the NPCs at Ourania Altar. This was a knock-on effect from an engine change last week.

* Moved a tree that was causing render issues in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.

* Adjusted the code for resting due to changes with the previous update.

* Ensured that the skull sceptre parts drop rate has increased in the Stronghold of Security.

* You should be able to select the defensive style with a scythe in all circumstances.

* Adjusted pyre log code so you don't use extra doses of sacred oil (Sacred oil (2) would empty rather than change to Sacred oil (1)).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is early for Jagex (time of the day wise).

I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few systems updates or another small update ( :pray: ).

Dragon pickaxe might finally make mining more interesting for me :P

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

woot just finished the quest!

the reward is that it unlocks a new chaos dwarf area, the dwarfs drop the dragon pick. :D

Finished the quest in 2 minutes?

I already heard some people got the d pickaxe in the grand exchange at max. :o

[404] Signature not found.

The new mining location looks so hawt.

There's at least 10 Addy rocks at it...

How close is it to a bank? Would it be better to use a lava titan for the +10 levels or a pack yak to bank the ores?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

woot just finished the quest!

the reward is that it unlocks a new chaos dwarf area, the dwarfs drop the dragon pick. :D

Finished the quest in 2 minutes?

I already heard some people got the d pickaxe in the grand exchange at max. :o

obviosuly, the quest requires you to make noodles. thus it took me 2mins. on topic: dragon pick is hawtt

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

The new mining location looks so hawt.

There's at least 10 Addy rocks at it...

How close is it to a bank? Would it be better to use a lava titan for the +10 levels or a pack yak to bank the ores?

I'm not too familiar with the geography of Kelda, but it's slightly North of the bridge spanning between the East and West side of the city.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

OMG

They released an item called a "Hand Cannon". In my Smithing Suggestion I have an item called that. A lot of people said, "No way Jagex will never do that".

Take that all naysayers :lol:

90 ranged attack and +150 ranged strength for the ammo.

That hand cannon looks powerful, it dealt me 40 damage in about 3 hits before I killed the Dwarf. I assume it's a drop from the new dungeon too. Probably a very expensive way of going about ranged training though.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

OMG

They released an item called a "Hand Cannon". In my Smithing Suggestion I have an item called that. A lot of people said, "No way Jagex will never do that".

Take that all naysayers :lol:

90 ranged attack and +150 ranged strength for the ammo.

:lol: A good sign that they are using suggestions...hopefully :P

disturbeda.png