Worst Shop Stocks?

Gudi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that people probably need it, but with the shards the way they are now, makes it so you can store an extra 50 bill plus in cash by converting them to shards, which have a static price. Sweet for the super rich. :thumbsup:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

So, basically Jagex just created a coin that's worth 25 gp? :P

Yes, though if you do buy even a billion of shards, selling them off at 5k per click still means a lot of clicking.

So, basically Jagex just created a coin that's worth 25 gp? :P

Yes, though if you do buy even a billion of shards, selling them off at 5k per click still means a lot of clicking.

You could store more possibly.

I haven't been but if these shard packs are an item, and don;t just turn into 5k shards in you're invent.

Then you could store 5.4 billion (or w/e it is) of them alongside you're 5.4bil gp

But each pack has 5k shards in it so rather than 5.4bil of 25gp coins you've got 5.4bil of 25gp coins*5000

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A dangerous way to store cash. So shards are 25gp at the moment but what if Jagex decides to lower them even by 1gp. For the average person this will make little difference but if you had 5.4 billion in shards/shard packs. Then it would then lower in value by 216m.

If shards were reduced in price to 20gp then you would have lost 1.08 billion

I know that's unlikely to ever happen but stranger things have happend in Runescape.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

A dangerous way to store cash. So shards are 25gp at the moment but what if Jagex decides to lower them even by 1gp. For the average person this will make little difference but if you had 5.4 billion in shards/shard packs. Then it would then lower in value by 216m.

I know that's unlikely to ever happen but stranger things have happend in Runescape.

Thou this is arguably true if you had hit the cash limit and therefore we;re looking for a way to store more, I doubt it'd be a huge deal to you.

Afterall if u hit the cash limit and storing more it means you have 5.4bil just sitting there

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It would be a good way of storing excess cash as long as you didn't need spirit shards to begin with, which if you have maximum cash you probably don't.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yes, but there's also a limit. So if you hit that limit, your cash is pretty much wated anyway. So can you think of something better to put your cash into?

The max of any item is 2.14 Billion, so if you had the 5k packs.

(max int x (25*5000))

2147483647x125000

=

268,435,455,875,000 Gp. :shock:

Holy... :o

thats 268 TRILLION gp. I wonder if there even is that much pure gp in the game?

and ever since they fixed the spirit shards i think all they might need to fix is bone bolts and unfinished broad bolts.

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

So can you think of something better to put your cash into?
Something like Dragon meds or shield half's where the GE price is almost identical to the high alch one perhaps?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

30 baskets in farming shops simply isn't enough. Yes, sure I can make multiple trips, put plant pots are 100 stock, why are baskets any different?

All the stocks are fine tbh.

Every single shop item CAN be obtained elsewhere (either through drops, making it or a resource skill)

Shards were the only one unavailable anywhere else. The lower stock levels in runes etc means the economy will flow better because instead of everyone buying at the slightly more expensive shops where you can only get a few people will return to the ge.

Meaning all types of rune, ammo and other consumables will have a better flow thus removing some junk.

How do I make/get as drop/extract Broad Bolts (Unf) then?

Jammy2222.png

Kurasks in the slayer cave drop broad bolts and broad bolt (unf)
But you must use Broad Bolts, at least if you're a ranger, to kill them... Face it, Jagex goofed.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Is that really how you want to get your unfinished bolts?

The broad bolt fletching update was MADE for unlimited stocks, so it should at least be kept at a high stock. I would say a 5k-10k minimum.

Is that really how you want to get your unfinished bolts?

The broad bolt fletching update was MADE for unlimited stocks, so it should at least be kept at a high stock. I would say a 5k-10k minimum.

Don't know about the rest of the slayer masters, but Chaelder has 3000 broad bolts (unf). Seems like enough to me...

Broad bolts for 1 person 3k is enough.

Broad bolts for training/profit 3k is not enough. Broad bolts are no longer trainable basically

Same for arrows which really sucks because i was gonna get 99 fletch with them as its around 600k exp/hour. now i cant train with them. ge prices for them is over 60 ea now, and very hard to buy at max so its not even worth trying.

Been stuck doing addy arrows. bleh, most people going for 200m fletch who didnt buy the amount outright are probly very upset about that.

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

But you must use Broad Bolts, at least if you're a ranger, to kill them... Face it, Jagex goofed.

Nope, you did :) Rangers have been slaying Kurasks waaay before broad bolts were released. Every slayer master sells broad arrows for Kurask and Turoth tasks.

If they lowered the price of shards, all that would happen is player x's shard pile would increase. Remember when they lowered the price from 50 to 25? Everyone who purchased any at 50 got "free" shards so they would have the same amount as if they had purchased them at 25.

Besides, even though 216m isn't anything to scoff at, it's 4% of their cash pile; it's barely noticeable for any amount of wealth.

If they lowered the price of shards, all that would happen is player x's shard pile would increase. Remember when they lowered the price from 50 to 25? Everyone who purchased any at 50 got "free" shards so they would have the same amount as if they had purchased them at 25.

Besides, even though 216m isn't anything to scoff at, it's 4% of their cash pile; it's barely noticeable for any amount of wealth.

Jagex have now fixed shards:

We've created a new item - the spirit shard pack - that contains 5,000 spirit shards for your purchasing pleasure. Also, pet shop owners now accept large quantities of spirit shards via a right-click sell option

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking