*RSC RELAUNCHING* MUST READ

tunksy

Runescape Classic relaunching?? can this be true?

just jumped on the RS2 site to see what changes have happend with the game and then scrolled down to Q&A: Andrew Gower's Answers And look what I found!!!

Samywamy10 asks:

Do many people know how to code RSC or is it just Andrew and Paul?

Not many. There are about three people who understand the RS Classic engine at the moment. Until recently there were only two but Mod Jack H has been doing a lot of work on it in preparation for relaunching it. There are also probably only about five people here who still know how to write scripts for RS Classic. Its very, very old and most of our staff were employed after it was no longer in use.

AND

Ishootguthix asks:

Do you have any plans with RuneScape classic?

Yes, thanks. Watch this space...

Now I used to play RSC "back in the day" some of you guys may remember me, anyways my question to you old school players, would you start playing again?

me personally I would play again, I enjoyed RSC for pking etc etc,

anyway's http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=29 is where Andrew has answered the questions asked by Samywamy10 and Ishootguthix

If this is true i'd love to see what you guys think, if you never played rsc i'd prefer if you didn't comment

Runescape Classic relaunching?? can this be true?

just jumped on the RS2 site to see what changes have happend with the game and then scrolled down to Q&A: Andrew Gower's Answers And look what I found!!!

Samywamy10 asks:

Do many people know how to code RSC or is it just Andrew and Paul?

Not many. There are about three people who understand the RS Classic engine at the moment. Until recently there were only two but Mod Jack H has been doing a lot of work on it in preparation for relaunching it. There are also probably only about five people here who still know how to write scripts for RS Classic. Its very, very old and most of our staff were employed after it was no longer in use.

AND

Ishootguthix asks:

Do you have any plans with RuneScape classic?

Yes, thanks. Watch this space...

Now I used to play RSC "back in the day" some of you guys may remember me, anyways my question to you old school players, would you start playing again?

me personally I would play again, I enjoyed RSC for pking etc etc,

anyway's http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=29 is where Andrew has answered the questions asked by Samywamy10 and Ishootguthix

If this is true i'd love to see what you guys think, if you never played rsc i'd prefer if you didn't comment

i would play to pk but level 106 seems so low when you've been in the 120's on rs2 for several years :x

True.

I would only play to pk! pk! pk! would love team up with old players to pk the rs2 players if they play classic.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Yay, use for all my old pures.. Now, what where there pw's... :wall: :wall:

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

• 3 weeks later...
i would play to pk but level 106 seems so low when you've been in the 120's on rs2 for several years :x

True.

I would only play to pk! pk! pk! would love team up with old players to pk the rs2 players if they play classic.

LOL the rs2 pkers would be like "WHAT?! I can't eat during combat?!?!" "WHAT?! I can't run before the first 3 rounds?!!?!?" "WHAT?! You can catch me when I run?!?! your cheating?!!?"

Well I remember when you used to play RS because of the wilderness. Now people are caught up in the skilling game, myself included I'm shamed to admit. Pking failed with rs2 release :( Bring back simpler times where you gain more than you risk, and have 3 rounds XD :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

This will fail. They are talking about having you BUY the servers for RSC and enable CHEATS to make you THINK your being awsome. But all your doing is clicking a button and saying "hey cool i got 48750647B"

I for one would not even want to play RSC even if it were free. Even though i never have played it, i feel bad for those who play it because they enjoy it. I hope Jagex keeps the regular servers for ORIGIONAL classic players.

~I will always have some KO in my heart <3 thanks for the memory's KO unit~

Old troll.

Ex-Leader of KO Unit

Ex-Member of Legendz

Ex-Member of the Wilderness Guardians

It started off F2P then members was added later.

This promises to fail. Server rental will cost more than the $10 a month most people are willing to pay to play RSC. Then there are all the problems of getting other people to play on your server.

SoLawny.png

I played RSC and wish I still could, but unfortunately I let my account be inactive for too long once. :cry:

I know there are illegal private servers out there now with plenty of players. These JaGeX made, player-owned servers would most likely only be better, and probably get much larger player bases as a result of their origins. Plus, the cheat codes are owner-chosen, so the servers don't necessarily have to have any cheats on them (as far as I understand). Some of the illegal private servers are supported through donations, a concept which could be applied to these new servers. This would bring down costs for the owner (or eliminate them) and still allow the players to not have to pay much. How successful these are will be mostly determined by the cost JaGeX comes up with, and if they think they have enough interest to even start them.

Tonguetamer3.png

Runescape: Winter 2002/2003 - May 2011