New Ore?

Themooingcow666

Am I the only one who think there will be a new ore to mine and smelt? I remember the mod's in a journal they posted saying something about wanting to work on smithing a lot, and mining right now is getting some new updates ( new area, dragon pick) So i was wondering if everyone thought they were going to release a new ore soon here? I do but i wanted to hear everyone elses thought's.

Thank you :D

Orion

Themooingcow.png

They wanted to update smithing and make it better. Adding a new ore doesn't do anything to address that problem, it's simply new content in the skill. So no.

Unless you talk about the possibility of dragon ore that they mentioned in the Q&A.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

They wanted to update smithing and make it better. Adding a new ore doesn't do anything to address that problem, it's simply new content in the skill. So no.

Unless you talk about the possibility of dragon ore that they mentioned in the Q&A.

Yes, but it DOES help mining.

Prism_Swords.png

Australiank asks:

Will there ever be Dragon Ore (or Dragonite)? Used to create Dragon bars, of course...

Mod Mark: Probably! Though the owners of such ore wouldnt be too happy about losing it, and we wouldnt like it much if they came looking for it...

There's one for you, from the recent Q&A with Mark and Fetzki.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Um, for like a week while people mine it. Then it goes right back to where it was. Mining right now has a problem that cannot be solved or even significantly improved by the addition of a new ore. Sorry.

Um, for like a week while people mine it. Then it goes right back to where it was. Mining right now has a problem that cannot be solved or even significantly improved by the addition of a new ore. Sorry.

Unless it's something that gives better exp then granite, and is a much higher level.

Prism_Swords.png

That'll only help people who are trying to get fast levels or get to 99.

Mining and Smithing have issues with their products being obsolete, not worth the time or the money, and other giant issues like that. Even when the level is mastered, you're producing only medium level armor.

That'll only help people who are trying to get fast levels or get to 99.

Mining and Smithing have issues with their products being obsolete, not worth the time or the money, and other giant issues like that. Even when the level is mastered, you're producing only medium level armor.

Those problems would be solved by implimenting Dragon ore, or something similar though.

2v8sgvs.png

i dont think the lack of content is mining's biggest problem. i think its the fact that your level in the skill means crap when competeing with other players for an ore

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

But what level would you need to be to mine dragonite? 90? 95? And for smithing.. since Rune maxes out at 99 and isn't even technically to the point where it should max out.. what level would you have to be to smith dragon armour? I'm assuming that there would have to be some elaborate process like with smithing a DFS.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

But what level would you need to be to mine dragonite? 90? 95? And for smithing.. since Rune maxes out at 99 and isn't even technically to the point where it should max out.. what level would you have to be to smith dragon armour? I'm assuming that there would have to be some elaborate process like with smithing a DFS.

Exactly, it wouldn't help Smithing really. It would only be a use for it that you'd use rarely, not something readily trainable.

• 3 weeks later...

Meh the only problem I have with Mining; is as XxxGod stated previously, being level 99 and beiing level 70 don't mean [cabbage].

I ain't got no problem with Smithing, except its expensive....

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The issue we face with Smithing is that Jagex decided to end the skill at a time when Rune was one of the best armor you could get. There were only two dragon pieces of armor, Andrew Gower's expression at the time was that the Dragon set would not be completed, and chances are Rune was going to be pretty much top tier, despite having only a 40 requirement.

I think the only way to rectify this is to take our current spectrum and smash it together, so that Rune tops off at an earlier level. Daeyalt is an ore introduced in the Myreque series. Maybe use that to create a new armor set that is similar to barrows in stats and while it doesn't have any of the specials of Barrows, it doesn't degrade. This would pave the way for further leveled metal armors.

Smithing really needs something better than Rune, but smushing the levels together is the only way to accomplish that. Smithing has received some tiny updates over the years, but it remains obsolete, its idea completely unchanged from a time when nobody could smith Rune and it was the best armor in the game that players could reasonably afford (Dragon wasn't worth risking in pvp, at least not to me)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yeah, new ore wouldn't work out. But wouldn't the ability to mine and inevitably smith dragon cause prices of dragon items to crash? My knowledge of economic is basic at best so maybe I didn't see it right.

Yeah, new ore wouldn't work out. But wouldn't the ability to mine and inevitably smith dragon cause prices of dragon items to crash? My knowledge of economic is basic at best so maybe I didn't see it right.

There would be more work to be done, but I do think that Rune being the highest thing you can smith is the result of short-sightedness on Jagex's part, although that is long in the past.

Smithing dragon would cause the prices to drop, but dragon really isn't as special as it used to be. Even Jagex has gone back on the comment they made years ago to keep Dragon special and not complete the set by adding in the Kite, the Full Helm, and the Platebody, and two of those three are in the game. I think if Jagex introduce smithing Dragon, they should do it in a similar way to smithing the Dragon platebody and Dragon Kiteshield. By that I mean finding pieces.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

There would be more work to be done, but I do think that Rune being the highest thing you can smith is the result of short-sightedness on Jagex's part, although that is long in the past.

Smithing dragon would cause the prices to drop, but dragon really isn't as special as it used to be. Even Jagex has gone back on the comment they made years ago to keep Dragon special and not complete the set by adding in the Kite, the Full Helm, and the Platebody, and two of those three are in the game. I think if Jagex introduce smithing Dragon, they should do it in a similar way to smithing the Dragon platebody and Dragon Kiteshield. By that I mean finding pieces.

Ughhh making dragon ore would just be terrible..they've totally devalued dragon weapons, and making dragon ore to make these weapons is just stupid. But I am fairly certain that a smithing update will involve granite. If you go to that one city where Pyramid Plunder is (it's been a while since I was members, sorry) and talk around to some of the folks there, there are major hints about granite. I posted a convo pic from it a while ago, like a year ago, but nothing's happened and the pic is on another computer.

The issue we face with Smithing is that Jagex decided to end the skill at a time when Rune was one of the best armor you could get. There were only two dragon pieces of armor, Andrew Gower's expression at the time was that the Dragon set would not be completed, and chances are Rune was going to be pretty much top tier, despite having only a 40 requirement.

I think the only way to rectify this is to take our current spectrum and smash it together, so that Rune tops off at an earlier level. Daeyalt is an ore introduced in the Myreque series. Maybe use that to create a new armor set that is similar to barrows in stats and while it doesn't have any of the specials of Barrows, it doesn't degrade. This would pave the way for further leveled metal armors.

Smithing really needs something better than Rune, but smushing the levels together is the only way to accomplish that. Smithing has received some tiny updates over the years, but it remains obsolete, its idea completely unchanged from a time when nobody could smith Rune and it was the best armor in the game that players could reasonably afford (Dragon wasn't worth risking in pvp, at least not to me)

I have to agree with you, the fact that it takes 99 smithing to create an armour that anyone with 40 defense can wear is in my opinion stupid. I think they should have made full rune smithable at level 60 giving space for up to 4 armour types, ( if each armour set took 10 levels to master.)

However I think it would be difficult for them to change it now as they would have to shift around minning, because the sudden influx of people that could now smith rune would screw minning over.

Whatever jagex does I hope it's good.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Well personally I want it to both be updated and Smithing to not cost so damn much. unless you grind mining then use all the itty-bitty ore for smithing, its the most bullcrap skill in terms of actually making profit, just like herblore now-a-days.

Popoto.~<3

I have to agree with you, the fact that it takes 99 smithing to create an armour that anyone with 40 defense can wear is in my opinion stupid. I think they should have made full rune smithable at level 60 giving space for up to 4 armour types, ( if each armour set took 10 levels to master.)

However I think it would be difficult for them to change it now as they would have to shift around minning, because the sudden influx of people that could now smith rune would screw minning over.

Whatever jagex does I hope it's good.

The problem with Rune is that although it isn't special anymore, the game still treats it as such. To the community, Rune is just another armor you wear at 40 defense. It's a lot more expensive than full Adamant, but there is plenty of it to go around. To the game, however, Rune is still treated as the prized possession. You can count the number of rune rocks on a particular server and if I remember correctly, not get into the double digits. Rune or is still a major pain in the [wagon] to obtain, it is a pain to smelt (8 coal per ore).

I think Jagex is trying to keep hold of that long distant shred of glory that Rune once had, where only the rich had it, only a handful could smith it, and only the determined could even equip it. Jagex is just sticking decals on a Model T at this point with the various updates like fixing dragon platebodies.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

What do I think is that they filled the smithing levels too fast.

Other skills didn't have stuff-to-do at levels 99 and such, except smithing.

People complained because of that...

At least jagex didn't have same mistake with the other skills than smithing: "finishing" it too fast - there barely is any place for new things to obtain when doing runejunks is already at 90s.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Right, practically the only use now for smithing is to smith knives and arrowheads, to counterpart or replace fletching enterly, and to assist people in assembling their armours and swords.

Personally I think I shard of dragon armour should also make a dagger or spear, and a mangled piece make a hatchet, and other such ways.

What do I think is that they filled the smithing levels too fast.

Other skills didn't have stuff-to-do at levels 99 and such, except smithing.

People complained because of that...

At least jagex didn't have same mistake with the other skills than smithing: "finishing" it too fast - there barely is any place for new things to obtain when doing runejunks is already at 90s.

People complain because there isn't enough high level content, but when the gears effect happens they complain because high level content is already out.

I wish they wouldn't release so much high level content, it ruins the game in the future.

sig.jpg