New Ore?

Themooingcow666

What do I think is that they filled the smithing levels too fast.

Other skills didn't have stuff-to-do at levels 99 and such, except smithing.

People complained because of that...

At least jagex didn't have same mistake with the other skills than smithing: "finishing" it too fast - there barely is any place for new things to obtain when doing runejunks is already at 90s.

People complain because there isn't enough high level content, but when the gears effect happens they complain because high level content is already out.

I wish they wouldn't release so much high level content, it ruins the game in the future.

Well they are catching up to the 5 years without high level content.

Stellactic.gif

the other problem with mining/smithing is that it has content available for F2P which requires high levels - 85 mining and up to 99 smithing.

For all the other F2P skills, they cap out at around 50-60, and allowing higher levels to create P2P items. this is important, as they require lower levels to create the f2p armours, and thus can make more powerful p2p armours at higher levels. However, since smithing creates F2P gear until level 99, which is more or less obsolete in p2p, they cannot introduce more powerful items for smithing without greatly lowering the requirements for smithing rune (and all other current metals), and thus until they do that, it appears that smithing will be unable to produce anything significant for p2pers, besides ranged consumables, which are more readily found by killing monsters rather than wasting bars on them.

That'll only help people who are trying to get fast levels or get to 99.

Mining and Smithing have issues with their products being obsolete, not worth the time or the money, and other giant issues like that. Even when the level is mastered, you're producing only medium level armor.

Those problems would be solved by implimenting Dragon ore, or something similar though.

because everyone uses dragon armour for reasons apart from to look cool?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

All i hope is that they come out with new ore's and bars and smithing and mining options, i think they are because of all the new mining type quests, and they just released the dragon pick (WHOO!) So i hope they do because mining and smithing are my two favorite skills :D (first 2 99's hopefully :D)

Themooingcow.png

I think Jagex got too excited when making r2h cost 99 smithing. Back then it was quite difficult to get, but very rewarding. It didn't last long enough for people to regard rune as special when THEY THEMSELVES made it. There can be no real incentive to level smithing anymore, as lvl 99 already holds rune - obviously dragon won't be inferior.

The only thing they can do is lower the requirements for rune and thus all other armors, but that won't happen. Smithing is finisheeeeeeeed

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Maybe add new types of armor?

To which slot would you put them into?

* We already have smithable armour up to level 99. This means that either you'd smith 2 metals "at once", you'd need to cut down the older requirements or we would be able to go past lvl 99. The 1st example is in my eyes quite ridicilous: I don't like the idea of being able to do 2 similar (not stat, but usage wise) things side by side. For the second, I'd say no again. If these armours were f2p too, they couldn't be too great stat wise. If they were p2p, f2p smithing would basically die as after X level there wouldn't be anything new to get. The scenario 3 is in my eyes impossible: it would mean a change in one of the prime factors of the game and would force Jagex to update other skills too.

* The armours would need to be either f2p or totally overpowered. In p2p there are armours that are relatively cheap but a lot more effective than smithables could be: new armours would mainly be there for the looks and that's it. Sounds pointless. In f2p the armours would either need to be close to the runite armours or it would just kill the runite markets: same requirements to make but higher stats would just mean that those would be produced in masses for pkers.

I'd personally like to see more updates like DFS: you need a certain smithing level to compile two things together. If this was helpful enough and unassistable, it would give a boost for the smithing markets. The problem is, however, that many things are already there: it would need to be stronger than the sigil shields/dfs, godswords or certain armour to be worth doing some smithing. This leads into 2 situations: it would need to be really strong and yet common enough to boost the smithing markets. If it was as rare as visage for example, really few people would actually train smithing to be able to do it. If it was common enough to be worth hunting, its affect would cause panic at the other markets: who for example would invest 80-110m (depends where it currently stabilizes) on an Armadyl godsword when you could get a better thing for the same price?

Those problems forced me to think for alternatives. The main idea came from skilling. If we could create things to help our skilling, it would be worth it to train mining and smithing. Lets say you could do something similar to brawlers with something you've mined and smithed, it would be worth it to train those skills. Of course the boosts couldn't be too high or it would affect negatively on certain minigames, pvp and raw material markets. But lets say, you could smith a hammer that gives 5-10% more xp per bar and lasts for certain amount of xp, it would be worth it. Same goes with other skills: a metal box to carry pure essences, sharper harpoon, a trim to your pickaxe/hatchet and so on. It would boost training of those skills, make mining&smithing worth doing and would be a reason to first train to higher levels and then help you at higher levels.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

they prolly gonna bring out a lame new method of training smithing since its the U-P-G-R-A-Y-Y-E-D anyway..its gonna fail anyway..hope this year ends soon <_< its getting harder and harder to endure :roll:

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Maybe add new types of armor?

To which slot would you put them into?

* We already have smithable armour up to level 99. This means that either you'd smith 2 metals "at once", you'd need to cut down the older requirements or we would be able to go past lvl 99. The 1st example is in my eyes quite ridicilous: I don't like the idea of being able to do 2 similar (not stat, but usage wise) things side by side. For the second, I'd say no again. If these armours were f2p too, they couldn't be too great stat wise. If they were p2p, f2p smithing would basically die as after X level there wouldn't be anything new to get. The scenario 3 is in my eyes impossible: it would mean a change in one of the prime factors of the game and would force Jagex to update other skills too.

* The armours would need to be either f2p or totally overpowered. In p2p there are armours that are relatively cheap but a lot more effective than smithables could be: new armours would mainly be there for the looks and that's it. Sounds pointless. In f2p the armours would either need to be close to the runite armours or it would just kill the runite markets: same requirements to make but higher stats would just mean that those would be produced in masses for pkers.

I'd personally like to see more updates like DFS: you need a certain smithing level to compile two things together. If this was helpful enough and unassistable, it would give a boost for the smithing markets. The problem is, however, that many things are already there: it would need to be stronger than the sigil shields/dfs, godswords or certain armour to be worth doing some smithing. This leads into 2 situations: it would need to be really strong and yet common enough to boost the smithing markets. If it was as rare as visage for example, really few people would actually train smithing to be able to do it. If it was common enough to be worth hunting, its affect would cause panic at the other markets: who for example would invest 80-110m (depends where it currently stabilizes) on an Armadyl godsword when you could get a better thing for the same price?

Those problems forced me to think for alternatives. The main idea came from skilling. If we could create things to help our skilling, it would be worth it to train mining and smithing. Lets say you could do something similar to brawlers with something you've mined and smithed, it would be worth it to train those skills. Of course the boosts couldn't be too high or it would affect negatively on certain minigames, pvp and raw material markets. But lets say, you could smith a hammer that gives 5-10% more xp per bar and lasts for certain amount of xp, it would be worth it. Same goes with other skills: a metal box to carry pure essences, sharper harpoon, a trim to your pickaxe/hatchet and so on. It would boost training of those skills, make mining&smithing worth doing and would be a reason to first train to higher levels and then help you at higher levels.

First let's talk combat:

You talk about how the item needs to be worth using (high level) but not something that will mess up the current market of high level items (godswords). Why not make something that breaks with time, like barrows, or maybe even randomly like the hand cannon (heck incorporate skill levels towards this). These items could be much better than rune but less than the current elite. The stat's could even degrade as well like the crystal bow/shield. The price won't be insanely high but it could be high enough that it would be profitable for the smither. We could even incorporate new ore's to make the degradeable armor.

Skilling Equipment:

I like the idea of smithable skilling items but I think a basic exp. increase is too boring. They should do other things that would help the skill. Instead of a hammer that gives you more exp. why not a tool that lets you build a few of the new degradable armor. I can't think of what these skill items would be now but as long as they added interesting content that would be beneficial throughout the game they would be cool.

I think both directions could also go the same way as the herblore update, with certain high level options non-tradable. Not everything but some items thrown in as untradeable would be a nice way to encourage people to train the skill themselves (probably with the older methods that are more time efficient but less rewarding). Any way it works out the new items don't need to provide a more efficient training method they just need to give us something that would be worthwhile to make, that way the market won't be completely flooded with them making the resale market of them too low.

Burquedout.png

The only way to create a better ore to smith with would be to lower other items requirements, and we know Jagex isn't to big on big bolg moves.

However why does it have to be the best item? For example granite came after dragon and has a lower requirement. The problem is Jagex need to provide some interesting content that people will regulary use. When was the last time you heard some-one actually bother making a R2H?

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

No, I don't think so. We have already got all the ores we need in the game. Adding another one, such as dragon ore, isn't something I expect Jagex to do.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I don't think Jagex will make Dragon Ore. There are only 7 Runite rocks in the entire game that respawn every 15 minutes or so, with each ore costing 15k each. Each Runite bar uses up 8 coal.

I bet in the future, there will only be 1 Dragon rock in the entire game that only respawn once an hour, with each ore costing 200k each. Each Dragon bar will use up 10 coal.

Still, highly unlikely, due to 99 Smithing already containing Rune. All Dragon items must be made at 99 Smithing then.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

They might have to bring down the smithing levels for all the existing ores then have dragon be 90-99 or just have dragon and rune be available at 90-99, but of course dragon requiring membership to use.

Even though I have 99 mining I'm kind of still opposed to the idea of being able to make your own dragon items simply because it will diminish any profit from monster hunting outside of GWD.

Something Jagex could do is to allow you to make the weapons, but with no special attack. Instead you use magic (possibly level 99) to add a special to the weapon, but with a new rune that is dropped by high level creatures.

Getting ahead of myself here, but I really hope they don't release a dragon ore that can make claws and dfh's <_<

1288581197250-1.jpg

In my op. Jagex wont release Dragon ore. If Dragon ore (Dragonite?) could exist, its price would be too high or strongly reduced with all the dragon weapons and armours. Ppl can smith runite body at 99. Dragon body and f helm? 99. And other dragon weapons? Couldn't be less level.