Suicide

Abc1230

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, there was this discussion in this other forum I frequent on. Lemme copy + paste.

Okay, can't find it buut I don't think it's cowardly, people commit suicide for all sorts of reasons and it's more complex than being a coward.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Suicide should be prevented at all cost.

Why?

Do we have a right to death?

Human nature, the core instinct of humans is to survive. Keep on keeping on. Continue to live.

Suicidal people no longer have this will, simply because they are mentally wrecked. Their emotional and metal health is overriding their instinct to live and thus they desire death. People who are mentally wrecked should be helped, aided, and protected. We should strive to get them back into their healthy state, because to allow someone to commit suicide is like allowing someone to commit a murder. Rather, suicide is self-murder.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

If somebody want to kill them self, let them go on. Its their personal choice to do this horrible deed but its their life.

Again, to desire death means you are emotionally and mentally unhealthy. If you were mentally wrecked and wanted to commit suicide because, well, (for lack of a better word) you were going insane - wouldn't you want someone to help you through it all and protect you from taking your life until you were mentally stable and able to realize and make rational decisions?

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Personally I'd commit suicide if I were ever to go deaf. I'm already a rather, suicidal thinking person, and even if I was a happy go lucky kind of guy, I'd still off myself if I couldn't hear. I can't imagine how terrible it would be for it to be dead silent constantly.

I don't think suicide is the best thing to do. It's best to try to prevent it, but in certain cases the people don't have much of a choice, they just can't live the way their life is, and I can understand that.

I think it's fine, really it is your right to commit suicide since most arguments against suicide are just pitting others personal views against yours, and you may not share those views(suicide is cowardly, you'll go to hell, etc.)

What about harming friends and family?

I'd say that it's something where resources should be devoted to preventing it. Nothing against a suicide victim's choice, but it's a personal opinion that life is too good to throw away like that (optimist, so sue me :razz: ).

I think that anyone who is suicidal should get all the help they can to insure it won't happen. It's a condition after all and should be treated as such. However I do think things such as assisted suicide, after a person has gotten to a certain age, is reasonable under the correct conditions.

I'm fine with it as long as they don't delay my train. Some poor guy's gotta scrape your remains from the track too, not nice. They should be slightly more considerate and just overdose or something.

I mean yeah.. You being late because some guy jumped infront of the train is really the biggest problem.

I mean, it doesn't matter what the effect it has on the train driver has, you being late is the biggest concern.

And if that was a joke, you suck.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I'm fine with it as long as they don't delay my train. Some poor guy's gotta scrape your remains from the track too, not nice. They should be slightly more considerate and just overdose or something.

I mean yeah.. You being late because some guy jumped infront of the train is really the biggest problem.

I mean, it doesn't matter what the effect it has on the train driver has, you being late is the biggest concern.

And if that was a joke, you suck.

What I meant was that they shouldn't do it selfishly, you shouldn't put hundreds of people out of their way just because you're in a bad place. Suicide's a terrible thing but you don't need to make a statement and piss everybody off when you do it.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Suicide is just selfish. It solves all problems for you, but it creates a LIFETIME problem for your family.

Suicidal thoughts should always be considered a mental disorder. It's against the nature to kill yourself so help these people at all cost.

L0l'd.

I mean.... I'm kinda biased when it comes towards suicide, but if you're in a situation that you hate; and it's not gonna change... Do you really have another option? Sure, you can hope it'll change, but you'll never know for sure. And that is a waste of time.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Ok, my views.....

Well it all depends on the context really, I think suicidal persons should not be left unhelped. Suicide is caused most often by depression, or other such feelings. All these can be countered with help. This will allow the person who may have killed themselves to live life as long as they can, and they may look back and be grateful.

However, they shouldn't be tied up or brought to "special places". It all boils down to the fact that it is their decision. People can try to persuade them otherwise, but if they truly are determined....then they shouldn't be condemned.

I'd still be really upset if someone I knew died, more so if I knew it was by their own hand

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

I guess I don't value human life as much as some of you, because honestly, if they want to kill themselves, [bleep] 'em, I don't care. It's their choice, and if they want to keep their genes out of the pool I'm not about to stop them. Less self pitying [bleep]es is always a plus.

I mean hell, I'll even give you the rope if you're some LiveJournal attention [bleep].

I guess I don't value human life as much as some of you, because honestly, if they want to kill themselves, [bleep] 'em, I don't care. It's their choice, and if they want to keep their genes out of the pool I'm not about to stop them. Less self pitying [bleep]es is always a plus.

I mean hell, I'll even give you the rope if you're some LiveJournal attention [bleep].

I guess you'd change your mind if, supposedly, your only love asked you for a rope.

The Darwin Award.....

a70c7.png

Don't be so over glorifying. Sorry if that sounds too harsh... But, the "attention" [bleep], never plan on killing themselves... What I'm trying to say is, the ones with the knives on Webcam about to slit their throat, aren't actually going to. The people who commit suicide 9\10 are the ones who appear happy, normal people. I mean, all those "goths" that are "depressed" seem perfectly happy to me. Yet the guy in the corner who appears to be having a bad day the next morning appears on your local news after having a bullet for dinner. And I'd rather have someone who's intelligent enough to know that their only option is suicide, than a clout who thinks he invented genes.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Don't be so over glorifying. Sorry if that sounds too harsh... But, the "attention" [bleep], never plan on killing themselves... What I'm trying to say is, the ones with the knives on Webcam about to slit their throat, aren't actually going to. The people who commit suicide 9\10 are the ones who appear happy, normal people. I mean, all those "goths" that are "depressed" seem perfectly happy to me. Yet the guy in the corner who appears to be having a bad day the next morning appears on your local news after having a bullet for dinner. And I'd rather have someone who's intelligent enough to know that their only option is suicide, than a clout who thinks he invented genes.

Man, I'm going to be royally [bleep]ed one day when some attention [bleep] on webcam promises to commit suicide, I egg them on like usual, and miracle of miracles, they go through with it.

Man, I'm going to be royally [bleep]ed one day when some attention [bleep] on webcam promises to commit suicide, I egg them on like usual, and miracle of miracles, they go through with it.

Ok. Gl with that.

All I'm sayin is, usually they really do do it for the attention, but if so, then weren't not talking about those kinds of people.

Ok. Gl with that.

All I'm sayin is, usually they really do do it for the attention, but if so, then weren't not talking about those kinds of people.

I know what you're saying.

Still should be a person's choice.

I agree all the people that I know that have commited suicide have been happyish people and it shocks me when someone tells me that they've hanged themselfs in a closet or something.

As for the attention seekers one kid at my old school threatened to throw himself of a balcony and as everyone gathered around me and my friend left, because we knew he wouldn't.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.