Will jagex make an unsoloable monster?

Squisher_33

I can see a non-"throw more hp at it" way to prevent soloing: Have it deal about 150 damage spread proportionally across everybody who's attacking it.

So if there's somebody with 99 HP, someone with 71, somebody with 62, and somebody with 68, then the 99 HP'er will take 50 damage, the 71 will take 36, the 62 will take 31, and the 68 will take 34.

Fairly survivable at those levels.

With only one person, though, they'll be 1-hit.

Etcetera.

Thus, more than one person would need to be fighting it to prevent sudden death.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Make give the boss an attack that instantly kills you if there isn't more than 1 person targeting him. Question is, will they? And when they do, would it be unsoloable because they altered the mechanics big enough so there is no hope on earth at all or will it be a boss that is feasible but unrealistic for reasons not due to brute force? Unsoloable due to indirect causes.

There is a million of ways of doing it. But it really is only successful if it did not involve cheap tricks that literally demands more than 1 player. And I don't think they will do that, they will want to cater for the lone wolves amongst their customer base as well. Though Corporeal Beast is one they probably don't envision someone could do it via solo, they certainly did not go out and had steps that deliberately made it impossible.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

I don't see why not, I don't see why they should either though. There wouldn't really be more use for an unsoloable monster seeing as you'd lose a way of killing it (soloing). And seeing as wel can team up most bosses in RuneScape, an unsoloable boss wouldn't really add a new dimention except maybe the new drop.

well if they made something a bit like barb asault, if one person leave, everyone is kicked out, and you need a set team of people, and you need certain items to access the area (like dark beasts, sort of...

also they just need a monster that is only killed by certain types of weponry. like that one after the summer quest where you can only hurt it using black weps!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

A concept of un-soloable monster wouldn't necessarily mean an increase in combat strength. Simply just an increase in special effects..

For example. Lets take a monster like the Kalphite Queen, and the sake of the argument lets make all her attacks single, not multi.

Now she will be shredding out 30's but only to one player at a time. Each of her attacks now heals a 1:1 ratio with the damage she inflicts and each attack she picks a random target in the room.

Only with a team of people could you kill a monster such as that. A single player could not be able to keep up with eating, and the monster healing massive amounts at the same time.

Something like that would be un-soloable and wouldn't make the KO factor on a player any greater.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Impossible, everything becomes soloable at one point or another, like the Corporeal Beast, it was unsoloable until players came up with a method.

A new monster could come out yes that's unsoloable but it's only a matter of time until new gear, new methods come that make that soloable.

So my answer is simply, No.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

A concept of un-soloable monster wouldn't necessarily mean an increase in combat strength. Simply just an increase in special effects..

For example. Lets take a monster like the Kalphite Queen, and the sake of the argument lets make all her attacks single, not multi.

Now she will be shredding out 30's but only to one player at a time. Each of her attacks now heals a 1:1 ratio with the damage she inflicts and each attack she picks a random target in the room.

Only with a team of people could you kill a monster such as that. A single player could not be able to keep up with eating, and the monster healing massive amounts at the same time.

Something like that would be un-soloable and wouldn't make the KO factor on a player any greater.

I could definitely still solo the kalphite queen even if she healed herself by what she hit.