Will jagex make an unsoloable monster?

Squisher_33

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point still remains though, that it is pretty easy to force players to have to team up to kill a boss monster, either through:

• Tactics (e.g. finishing moves where 2 actions are required simultaneously), or through
  • Shared damage (e.g. 200 damage is dealt through prayer, but is shared by the number of people in the room, so 5 players would get hit for 40) or indeed simply through
  • Brute force with an insanely high-levelled boss monster.
  • Requirements to even enter the room etc.

Those are some cool ideas.

I think that Jagex should update old bosses like the KBD and KQ and make them more of a challenge by todays playing standards. Or determine difficulty of a boss by how many people are fighting it. The more people/higher levels are in the room, the higher the combat level of the monster would be.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

The point still remains though, that it is pretty easy to force players to have to team up to kill a boss monster, either through:

• Tactics (e.g. finishing moves where 2 actions are required simultaneously), or through
  • Shared damage (e.g. 200 damage is dealt through prayer, but is shared by the number of people in the room, so 5 players would get hit for 40) or indeed simply through
  • Brute force with an insanely high-levelled boss monster.
  • Requirements to even enter the room etc.

Those are some cool ideas.

I think that Jagex should update old bosses like the KBD and KQ and make them more of a challenge by todays playing standards. Or determine difficulty of a boss by how many people are fighting it. The more people/higher levels are in the room, the higher the combat level of the monster would be.

I dont agree. KQ is already way too hard for the price of its special drop. So unless they also update the drops, it wll make those bosses even more unwanted. Now for instance I like soloing the kbd because it's a decent way for crimson charms, and a bit more challenging than the normal slayer task. If they would make kbd harder, I wouldn't go there anymore.

Hmmm... how about make a 'npc pker' that hybrids decently? Or.... Jagex might be able to release the gods as monsters to fight, I want to be the first to down Zamorak >.>. Or even... Lucien! Lucien must have tons of strategies to kill those slayer masters in While Guthix Sleeps, he would make a epic monster to fight. Even something stupid like the ability to smite (though maybe more than 25% of damage in prayer points) or turn off your prayer for a second and hit double damage for you having your prayer on, like aquanites, would make any monster a ton harder.

There are so many ways Jagex can create a unsoleable monster, it's just a matter of balancing the game....

PS I lost by typing this post, good game.

while this is a good point, when jagex said this it was soloable with dancing, however on the exact same update as the pvp update they added stomp so before pvp gear it was soloable, and after pvp gear is was soloable, you jsut need to remember they didnt have stomp when they said this and corp has gotten updates to make it harder since

i cant believe my thread has actualy taken fire in the last 2 days, good discussion going on

the deepstone keep idea is sweet but they said boss would be 600-750, thats dissapointing

a_final_name.png

This questions is more than just about an individual or multiple monsters. This question encompasses the entire combat system located within the game. If Jagex redesigned the combat system, they would most definitely incorporate some system that legitly keeps monsters from being solo'd regardless of future updates. However Runescape is old and based on an old system that has been built around for seven years. Trying to make a monster that isn't solable with everything we have in the game today is an almost impossible task to solve, but it probably won't be the creative and cunning experience we're asking or imagining.

Jagex would have to redesign the entire combat system if they wanted really hard monsters in the game, that had great AI, or even able to counter basic techniques in the game.

They could easily make a monster that is discouraging to solo, simply by making it so at least 2 or more people had to do damage in order to receive a drop from the dead monster. But jagex prefers the fun way: making monsters insanely powerful, just beyond the reach of players with current gear, that makes it insanely difficult to solo. But as more gear is released, soloing becomes easier. The KQ became easy to solo when verac's was released, not sure about the KBD because I'm not sure when it was first solo'd. Boss monsters in the GWD were soloable within the first few weeks when players started exploiting weaknesses after just a little bit of cooperative testing. It took the corp beast quite a while since the obvious solo gear is insanely expensive: full vesta with vesta long or statius with warhammer, and a divine shield. If jagex continues to use their brute force strategies for creating hard monsters, every monster will be soloable sooner or later. They choose to do that just to encourage players to keep trying.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Speaking as a man who has solo'ed many bosses and enjoyed it, I find it to be very impractical. Corp can be done with 4-6 man teams and use far less supplies and effort then a Solo'er. Solo'ing anything but Td's and Dk's really isn't practical. It isn't hurting the system at all, nobody will solo the Corp for profit, mostly for the romance of tackling such a beast. I think that Solo'ing should always be an option, no matter how impractical.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I have a fairly high degree of confidence that the boss of the deepstone keep will not be soloable.

Quick find code: 78-79-791-58479614 for those who haven't heard of it, it's a dungeon suggestion by mod mark h

Did anyone even read this? if implemented, it will have monsters that CANT be soloed. This is dedicated teams, guilds implement a DKP system type of play. If this gets made like its described it will be imposable to solo. Hell if i were developing this content i would have a requirement you have to have 92 in 4 of the stats mentioned in the start. Level 85 is total noob.

I like where this game is going, this is the content we need.

Fools_Taco.png

I certainly believe that there will be more than one, eventually. The only reason why I think that is because of the value which Jagex places on teamwork and group activities. We've seen an increase in content like this recently, and I'm sure it will continue. I'd say unsoloable monsters falls under that category.

picture7eo0.png

Just read the Medusa idea that Mod Mark H presented on the RSOF, and I must say that it looks damned awesome, and completely guarunteed to be unsoloable from the looks of it. Hope it becomes a reality :D

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I has an idea about the truely unsoloable monster!

First off, F2P server.

Second off, it's right behind lumbridge castle.

Third, Non-Agressive, and low damage.

Fourth, enough HP that it takes about four hours to solo with 99 attack and strengh, rune scimmy, and strengh pot.

Fifth, always acts like everyone was on lootshare, and banker picks up your drops for you if you have to go.

Thus, anyone can do some damage, anyone can get a rather decent reward and combat exp, and no one has any reason in particular not to throw in a few hits while they walk by.

Here's an unsoloable monster:

A monster with 100,000 hp with a max hit of 1 and a 100% chance to hit with the speed of a whip. Protection prayers don't work and the monster is immune to snares and haste debuffs. The attacks hits everyone in the room no matter the range.

Using sharks, that's 659 hp to eat through. That means even if a person hit 100 damage each time, they would only do a max of 65,900 damage. They would need a consistent average of 151 damage per attack.. 2 people would need a set damage of 76. 3 would need 51, and 4 would need 38.

There. Unless it's bugged, that monster is unsoloable mathematically speaking.

The above is quite boring since it would take about an entire inventory of sharks to kill the thing even with 4 people. So, with 8 people, it would take only half an inventory of sharks.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I have a fairly high degree of confidence that the boss of the deepstone keep will not be soloable.

Quick find code: 78-79-791-58479614 for those who haven't heard of it, it's a dungeon suggestion by mod mark h

Did anyone even read this? if implemented, it will have monsters that CANT be soloed. This is dedicated teams, guilds implement a DKP system type of play. If this gets made like its described it will be imposable to solo. Hell if i were developing this content i would have a requirement you have to have 92 in 4 of the stats mentioned in the start. Level 85 is total noob.

I like where this game is going, this is the content we need.

Sounds like a runescape twist on WoW raids. Quite frankly, I'd like to know why heal other must cost hp in the first place. It's ridiculous. But the synergy in this raid seems very demanding. Battle reses will be awesome.

A monster with 100,000 hp with a max hit of 1 and a 100% chance to hit with the speed of a whip. Protection prayers don't work and the monster is immune to snares and haste debuffs. The attacks hits everyone in the room no matter the range.

Using sharks, that's 659 hp to eat through. That means even if a person hit 100 damage each time, they would only do a max of 65,900 damage. They would need a consistent average of 151 damage per attack.. 2 people would need a set damage of 76. 3 would need 51, and 4 would need 38.

The above is quite boring since it would take about an entire inventory of sharks to kill the thing even with 4 people. So, with 8 people, it would take only half an inventory of sharks.

I thought we'd already talked about the whole "let's throw more HP at it" deal.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Oh sorry, I didn't read the whole thread :oops:

so thats 10 dmg per 24 seconds and around 25 dmg per minute, to heal 25 hp with sweets at an average of 2 per heal takes 18 seconds leaving me 42 seconds to do 18 hits and averaing 20 per hit since i swh specced it thats 360 dmg per min meaning it would take 5 huors and 5k sweets to solo, very very easy, also unicorn heals 21 per minute average i beliieve so mixed with regan and excalibur spec u could houtheal it

a_final_name.png