Will jagex make an unsoloable monster?

Squisher_33

im back to rs with a new goal and i made a new thread.

recently woox16 became the first to solo corporeal beast, he then did it with no familiar, and then multiplie players after him used the method to solo themselves

perosnaly im lvl 110 and i did 858 dmg in an attempt with this method, i died with over 20 pots left and im guessing if i had a chance to use those post i could have done around 1400 dmg(not in pic that i have a relitively empty inv but therse 18 pots from my turtle in 1 dot near the door)

091004194038.png

i also plan on getting venge and trying again with more expereince, i realy want to solo corp at 110 cb

anyways after thinking it was unsoloable(i knew all along it was) its not been done after nrealy a year, so whats next for bosses? will jagex see this and try to make a harder boss

evidence2: recently at the java awards mod mmg showed a video of runescape that had designs of large looking boss monsters which nobody had ever seen before in rs, perhaps bosses of the future and nobody but jagex knows the lvl or difficulty

discuss

a_final_name.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the real question would be, can they create a monster that we cant figure out how to solo.... you gotta think of all the crafty runescapers out there. they always find a way to do what seems impossible. jagex can try to create a monster that they think we cant solo, but give it time and sooner or later some 1 will exploit its weakness or take advantage of all the resources we have in rs.

thats what i think....

well think about it, eventually it could all just come down to luck. You might hit really high with that spec, you might not. You might drink that potion in time, you might not. I mean in theory a level three could kill Jad, but the chances are like a trillion billion to one.

Rejected.jpg

the real question would be, can they create a monster that we cant figure out how to solo.... you gotta think of all the crafty runescapers out there. they always find a way to do what seems impossible. jagex can try to create a monster that they think we cant solo, but give it time and sooner or later some 1 will exploit its weakness or take advantage of all the resources we have in rs.

thats what i think....

They could make one unsoloable really easy. They probably won't though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

The real question is, can they can one unsoloable without "brute force"? They can easily make one that can do a lot of damage/have a lot of health etc. but will they ever be able to make one that can "outsmart" players? Tormented Demons did a fairly good job at that and with further tactics like that then it's possible.

thats what i think....

That is it. Can Jagex outwit the players? Can players keep taking advantage of the things we have? It will be interesting to watch.

35b9enp.jpg

thats what i think....

That is it. Can Jagex outwit the players? Can players keep taking advantage of the things we have? It will be interesting to watch.

All they would have to do is give it over 9000 hp and make it unquip all armour/weapons :mrgreen:

But seriously, I believe they can. I would like to see a boss monster where you have to use non-combat skills to defeat. For example, in the new tutorial, you have to blow up pillars to kill the dragon. Creating a boss where you have to use hunter, firemaking, and herblore to kill would be cool.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I have a fairly high degree of confidence that the boss of the deepstone keep will not be soloable.

Quick find code: 78-79-791-58479614 for those who haven't heard of it, it's a dungeon suggestion by mod mark h

my idea was actualy a lvl 300 revenant, the equivilent of a 300 player, however revs arent as good a a truely maxed player, a lvl 95 could beat a rev drag with right gear and practice

i think a lvl 300 rev to hit thru pray and with its lair in a pit that has infinite wildy lvl so it attacks anyone, it would be around as a lvl 200 player i think

my brute force one was a jad type monster where you couldnt prayer switch, and slightly more hp around 600-700 maybe

a_final_name.png

It's impossible to make an unsoloable monster for the fact that there is over 20 ways to cause an invisibility glitch to where the most can't attack back. However, I assume your talking about under normal circumstances I'd say yes Jagex will do something along the lines of another Corp beast. But it takes a lot of work to not make the monster to hard. Give it some time and it'll happen.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

i dont think it wil jump that high, consider this, jad is 702 corp is 785, this is only 83 levels be the degree of difficulty in just these 83 levels is immense, horrably large gap in power, thats why i think a monster twice as hard as corp could be achieved at lvl 850ish with just a bit more dangerous offence and 2-3 special abilities such as faster healing, a special attack, minions etc

oh btw the entire period of my solo a friend of mine irl kept rooting for corp yelling mage mage mage! "dude what if when u walked in corp just turned on smite and pulled out a gmaul" i almost laughed to death since i couldnt eat when i was laughing

a_final_name.png

I though it could never be soloed, but then again I guess anything is possible.

I'm sure jagex can make one, but I bet they though Corp could not be soloed to begin with.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

so this is how i bet it happened

woox16:uploads vid

mod mmg: watches

mod mmg: takes lapto and walks down hallway

mod mmg: arrives in developers section

mod mmg: excuse me development team could you come here for a second

mod mmg: what on earth is this?

mod mmg: shows vid

development team: oh.....about that....*2 random mods duck and cover*

mod mmg: yeah.....how about you guys get working on that -.-.........

development team: ok we know you think its our fault but those darn players just keep..

mod mmg: stop right there, im gonna go grab abother beer just fix this

development team: begins work on a lvl 841 boss

and thats exactly how it happened!!!! :thumbsup:

ok so probably not but the idea is funny

a_final_name.png

I would like to see one that does fire, ice, poison, and disease spells and also drain prayer. It would use range and magic attacks.

It would be cool to fight a monster that burns/ice burns you. You would need antifreeze potions \:D/

Sounds almost like the KBD, and we all know how hard that is to solo.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I would like to see one that does fire, ice, poison, and disease spells and also drain prayer. It would use range and magic attacks.

It would be cool to fight a monster that burns/ice burns you. You would need antifreeze potions \:D/

Sounds almost like the KBD, and we all know how hard that is to solo.

Yep, unless Jagex implement some intelligent AI, we players will always trump the monsters.

Jagex has tried in the past to outsmart players. The Chaos Elemental teleports and de-equips. The Dag Kings are 3 bosses in one area. Kalphite Queen has prayer. What they can't do, as mentioned, is just pile on strength and health points.

A cheap way to force partnership would be to introduce stunning. The creature will continue attacking you while you're stunned, and the only way to get it off is for someone else to whack you on the head (With a funny little animation). Granted, Jagex would also have to make the area like the D.Kings and require two players standing on a lever or something to get in.

Another way is to reinvent a technique common in Slayer: Final blows. Say Jagex introduces white dragons, and wants them to be a group activity. They could make it so, when the monster's on a sliver of HP, one player uses a rope to lasso the dragon's head, pulling its head down and leaving it vulnerable. Player #2 then swings/fires/casts the killing blow. A more group orientated version of the use rock hammer to kill gargoyle. This one is actually my favorite.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

development team: ok we know you think its our fault but those darn players just keep..

Yeah, he really does get on the turps :lol:

A boss monster that has a higher AI than all the others, like for example attacking with mage more often if they're using melee and so on would be good. It will eventually happen. But I think with enough combat updates they'll have to continue releasing bigger and badder monsters...

disturbeda.png

Yeah, he really does get on the turps :lol:

A boss monster that has a higher AI than all the others, like for example attacking with mage more often if they're using melee and so on would be good. It will eventually happen. But I think with enough combat updates they'll have to continue releasing bigger and badder monsters...

They've done that with TD's I believe? :smile:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I think that the players will always win, just because they are in the majority.

All gwd bosses: possible to solo, no real tactic. (okay, some might need a lil' tactics ;-))

KBD: possible to solo: no real tactic

Dagganoth kings: possible to solo them. :), just protect pray and lure

Tormented demons are nice, with tactics and stuff but several solo kills can still be made.

Corpy: possible to solo, quite a lot of tactics o_O

Conclusion: the newer high level monsters involve more tactics and still a hell of a combat level :)

I think that's totally the way to go, though I love to see a monster where skillers can help a lot too.

Something like making potions to deal damage, or craft weapons that can only be used in that dungeon and are strong vs the monster.

Just my thoughts ^^

Lpfreaky90:

Master of Quests, Attack, Fletching, Strength, Hitpoints and Defence

lpfreaky90.png

lpfreaky90.png

I think that's totally the way to go, though I love to see a monster where skillers can help a lot too.

Something like making potions to deal damage, or craft weapons that can only be used in that dungeon and are strong vs the monster.

Just my thoughts ^^

They tried that with barbarian assault.

What we need is a boss with 20,000 hit points, but low defense. There is no reason that a boss has to have high defense, thus making him horrible xp. What if that boss' true reward was the XP gained, instead of an incredible tradeable drop.

Which brings me to my next point: cash isn't everything. How about making the boss drop a wonderful item, however make it untradable. You've got yourself the fastest xp in the game, an incredible item to use, and a nonsoloable boss. Done.

Stellactic.gif

I'm not sure that Jagex are actually trying to create an unsoloable monster, there are plenty of ways in which they could force players to have to team up to kill something, and these don't necessarily have to include making it insanely high-levelled.

I rather suspect that Jagex enjoys creating a very high-levelled monster such as the Corp, and seeing how inventive players can be in trying to solo it. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff that players have achieved in the game that the creators didn't expect to happen (lvl 3 with 99 slayer to name but one)!

Mordendravid.png