Would you marry someone if

imbackstinkers

Wow, it would suck to have AIDS. You're going to die and you'll never find love :|

You could find someone else with AIDs. That would be romantic.

She/he's standing right in front of you wearing a white dress/tux. :wink:

Not if the dress/tux is white. :wink:

Oh, and this topic is turning into "would you kill somebody if..."

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He/She was HIV positive.

Here's the scenario

You meet someone, you fall in love with him/her, you go all the way sometimes with condoms sometimes without.

You propose to your significant other and he/she accepts and on your wedding day at the altar they tell you the truth about their status

Would you still go through with the wedding.

I ask because my guidance teacher asked my class that same question and it caused a bit of a stir

Why would you marry someone who lied to you about something so serious?

Anyways... I'm not going to marry someone unless they bleed on our wedding night. I'll be heading to Egypt where they share the same views /joke

He/She was HIV positive.

Here's the scenario

You meet someone, you fall in love with him/her, you go all the way sometimes with condoms sometimes without.

You propose to your significant other and he/she accepts and on your wedding day at the altar they tell you the truth about their status

Would you still go through with the wedding.

I ask because my guidance teacher asked my class that same question and it caused a bit of a stir

No way in hell. I'd drop the tosser on his head, go sink a couple of shots and then sue him for every last cent he has. Why on Earth would you want to marry somebody who has endangered your life if not already taken it away from you?

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

You know, after thinking about the situation a bit more...

Sure, your partner has told a very big lie, but you probably already got it before marriage. So, why not?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sure, your partner has told a very big lie, but you probably already got it before marriage. So, why not?

A vital component in any successful relationship is trust. If your partner were willing to betray that trust (and especially in regards to a life-endangering condition), then why bother with the relationship in the first place?

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

If she told me that? I'd walk away. It would unbearably difficult, but that would be my first action. Staring deep into her eyes with the largest look of dissapointment and just walk away. I'd probably want too rip her kidney out and shove it down her throat, but then again I have a temper. I wouldn't sue her, I'd make her feel very, very guilty. If she didn't feel guilty, then I'd sue.

GG.gif

A vital component in any successful relationship is trust. If your partner were willing to betray that trust (and especially in regards to a life-endangering condition), then why bother with the relationship in the first place?

Either way, you'll still die, because they already gave it to you before marriage.

So, just go with it I guess. :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I wouldnt have a problem marrying someone who was HIV at all

I would have a problem marrying someone who thought it appropriate to delay telling me until such a time where I was under a large amount of pressure and financial inducements to go through with it.

Either way, you'll still die, because they already gave it to you before marriage.

So, just go with it I guess. :mellow:

Oh, we're all going to die in the end.

But really, what other pieces of important information is your partner keeping? Could you ever fully trust the other person again?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

This is the first time you've them here.

First time you''ve seen them ever, actually.

But something does draw you. It's strange, it really isn't a logical decision. More of a compulsion.

Have you been drinking?

Maybe. It doesn't quite matter now. You've already drawn yourself up to this new person, you've already drawn a look--you're already in a conversation.

And so it goes.

'How've you been?'

It evolves into speech about likes and dislikes; moves to discussion about ambitions; melts into loving recall of childhood dreams.

Connecting like this feels so good.

By the end of the night, you can't remember who initiated the kiss. You just know it happened. It all just happened.

There really is no rationality here. No logic.

You never think to tell them about your... condition.

But this is something you don't want to lose. This is love, isn't it? A lover will understand.

They're supposed to understand...

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

I would have a problem marrying someone who thought it appropriate to delay telling me until such a time where I was under a large amount of pressure and financial inducements to go through with it.

Exactly. It's not so much the fact that they have AIDs as it is the fact that they hid it from you.

Exactly. It's not so much the fact that they have AIDs as it is the fact that they hid it from you.

I'd have to say I would never knowingly date someone with AIDS. Accidents happen so easily and to tell the truth, I value my life too much to risk it. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to have children as I'd be putting them at risk too. No offense to people with aids but I'll love you from a far enough distance lol

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

But really, what other pieces of important information is your partner keeping? Could you ever fully trust the other person again?

Can other people trust you, seeing that you already got AIDS from the HIV+ partner?

So, it's best to stick with the HIV+ partner so you don't spread it to other people.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Can other people trust you, seeing that you already got AIDS from the HIV+ partner?

So, it's best to stick with the HIV+ partner so you don't spread it to other people.

No offense intended, but you're missing the point.

The gross breach of trust is the significant aspect in this hypothetical situation (not so much the fact that one partner was HIV+ to begin with). If someone were to intentionally withhold such important information from his or her partner, then what else might they be willing to do? It would be an irreconcilable betrayal, and, because of it, there could be no trust between the two afterward.

If you've ever been in a relationship, then you should be able to understand what we're trying to convey.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png