Would you marry someone if

imbackstinkers

He/She was HIV positive.

Here's the scenario

You meet someone, you fall in love with him/her, you go all the way sometimes with condoms sometimes without.

You propose to your significant other and he/she accepts and on your wedding day at the altar they tell you the truth about their status

Would you still go through with the wedding.

I ask because my guidance teacher asked my class that same question and it caused a bit of a stir

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In truth I'd never trust her again so I couldn't possibly marry her.

Not only has she put your life at risk, but shes also put anyone around her at risk (one cut and anyone could have been infected).

She was extremely selfish and had no trust in you neither, so it could never work.

Having said that its next to impossible to say without your actually in that situation.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

No, most definitely not. If I did, then I could catch HIV and put myself at risk.

The only way to avoid this risk is if you do not plan to do sex at all (which is very unlikely). Otherwise, the chances of getting it if you do is extremely high.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Nope never.

It's a massively selfish and potentially lethal lie.

I'd run straight to the doctor and do some tests.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Well at first I would be pretty pissed at them and need some time to think about it. So I probably won't marry them there and then. But after thinking about it for a while who knows.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Unless you ask them if they have it, technically it isn't a lie. It is withholding truth, which isn't any better, of course. But, I would most likely postpone the wedding and find out more information before deciding. Such as how long they have known and why they hid it. But, around here, if they announced that at the altar, they would likely end up in jail.

Uh yeah, honey, I'm not pissed that you just infected me with HIV or anything. Just as long as we're together and we love each other!

Get real, anyone would be super pissed. They just killed you.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Similar to what others have said, that would mean that they pretty much lied to me and put me at serious risk of also being infected. I'd hardly call that loving me.. so no :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Unfortunately no. I would have sympathy for the person especially if I loved them (and some people don't get to choose whether they are infected or not, for example previous rape victims, been stuck with a needle by a narc, etc), but the relationship could never work.

Or, if you ever decided to have kids, you would fear to death the childbirth process could transfer the disease onto an innocent baby (which happens every day in poorer countries). I couldn't bear with that.

I think the fact that they risked me getting it without telling me and letting me decide whether or not to sleep with them, I would lose trust with them, and as such possibly wouldn't proceed with the wedding. As far as I am aware, we wouldn't be able to have children, sex would need the upmost care, and at the end of the day, this person harboured a terrible truth from me for too long, I think I'd be borderline furious.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If we would have had sex unprotected and she wouldn't have letten me know that she had HIV/AIDS... and she would confront me with that at our wedding day.. well, no, I wouldn't marry her. I'd probably punch her in the face. Twice. Once for trying to kill me, and the second time for not being honest in a relationship.

Yes, I know AIDS isn't that deadly anymore, but it's not curable either.

I make a point of having regular blood tests anyway, so this would never have remained hidden that long. Anyway, I thought there was a HIV/AIDS vaccine or treatment in the works already, so this might be a non-issue.

Theres no doubt that id kill her if she gives me the virus, very slowly

Herp derp, internet tough guy.

Like others have said it breaks the trust in the relationship. If you knowingly have HIV/AIDs you are suppose to tell your partner. If she was to transmit the disease I'm almost certain there are legal actions that can be taken because your basically killing someone.

tFtfA.jpg

Depends how much I actually cared about the person. I mean, even though what they did was terrible, if I was going to marry them I don't know if I could just turn my back on them. Depends on the situation of HIV treatment and all that, since I doubt I'll get married for atleast 10 years, treatment may be much more advanced.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The moral of this story;

Use condoms.

Ribbed condoms. ;-)

I have no clue what I'd do in a situation like that, probably go get a blood test before anything, I doubt any person I was going to marry would wait that long before telling me something like that.

Depending on where you living; being HIV positive and not informing people that you are prior to any kind of sexual relations happening can get you landed in jail.

With that in mind, I would have gotten a blood test done well before that. But skipping that and w/e and they did and I got it... legal action on the way. No second thoughts.

A condom can split y'no

It's also possible to win the lottery. Doesn't mean it happens often.

And to everyone saying that they basically leave them at the altar, I don't believe that for a second. If you're marrying them, you've obviously spent (most likely) a few years with them and you're ready to spend the rest of your life together. I don't doubt that you would be mad, but I don't think you would be this cruel to someone you completely and totally love.