Runescapes Rarest 99's (as of November 1, 12:01 am)

Vulxai

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now why does any of this matter? 99 strength still grants you the ability to hit extremely high numbers, regardless of how many people have it.

It's just interesting to know how many people bothered to get 99 in each skill. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It's alright in P2P when you can get 40k or so xp per hour with not so profitable methods (ZMI and binded runes), but then you reach 90s where you need hundreds of thousands of xp and you realize, holy crap, this is gonna be painful.

You can say that to basically every skill. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

It's alright in P2P when you can get 40k or so xp per hour with not so profitable methods (ZMI and binded runes), but then you reach 90s where you need hundreds of thousands of xp and you realize, holy crap, this is gonna be painful.

You can say that to basically every skill. :P

Except all buyable skills. But yes, indeed.

Dare589.gif

Clickie the signature image for me blog.

Vox populi, vox dei.

Well, I was 142nd to 99 RC in Jan 07.. So the fact that only about 2.4k have gotten 99 rc in almost 3 years shows that people either find it hard or just don't like it :D.

if53pv.png

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Except all buyable skills. But yes, indeed.

Even buyable skills are tedious...

This is if you're taking the time it takes you to earn the money into consideration.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 4 weeks later...

It's now December 5th, 2009, and I decided to check out the top 10, to see if their still in that order, only two skills swapped spots. Here's the new top ten and number of people:

Runecrafting 2,815

Herblore 3,474

Construction 3,511

Summoning 3,776

Mining 4,253

Agility 4,357

Farming 5,577

Smithing 5,940

Slayer 6,530

Crafting 7,930

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

It's now December 5th, 2009, and I decided to check out the top 10, to see if their still in that order, only two skills swapped spots. Here's the new top ten and number of people:

Runecrafting 2,815 Still is surprised. Honestly, it's not the slowest exp/hour skill, and you make enormous profit! Not to mention it's awesome.

Herblore 3,474 Not surprised. Herblore is currently the most expensive skill, at about 300m+?

Construction 3,511 Not surprised since Herblore is more expensive.

Summoning 3,776 Not surprised because it's the newest skill and it involves combat.

Mining 4,253 Kinda surprised, because I thought the numbers would rise since Living Rock Caverns.

Agility 4,357 No comment (don't know much about it)

Farming 5,577 Again, no comment

Smithing 5,940 Surprised why it isn't higher. It's really expensive and kinda slow too.

Slayer 6,530 Not surprised since Soul Wars and how a lot of people train it alongside combat.

Crafting 7,930 Not surprised. Sure, it's a money drainer, but it's not as expensive as Smithing or Construction, and it's semi-fast exp.

My comments in bold.

*is still waiting for 2m players to be ranked in rcing*

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I'm a little surprised that Mining is still in the top 5 as it's not only one of the original RS skills, but a F2P one at that.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

After reviewing the list, the only ones which are remotely surprising are thieving, mining and farming.

Mining because its ben around since the beginning.

Theiving because its so damn easy.

Farming because I see a lot f capes/really easy skill if you think about it.

Slayer is pretty obvius, I knew that it would happen eventually.

disturbeda.png

Woodcutting's definitely going to take a dive down the list in a while. Ivy basically hands you the cape now. :mellow:

Thats true. I tried it from 98-99 and it was much faster than teaks ever were. Although they are good for woodcut experience gain, it makes it too easy to get 70K+ exp consistently. I fear it may become another of those very common and "nooby" capes :(.

disturbeda.png

Idk, living rock caverns might make it easier to get mining experience with less focus but it is still generally slow experience. And you still need to pay attention because of all the monsters running around in there. And your ore can collapse at any moment like woodcutting :P.

Sure it made things easier, but it didn't make them that much quicker. Maybe by a week or two in the long run. Granite is still better experience if you can do it well.

After saying that, granite will probably die down a lot because noone wants to drop ores. Well I don't. Its basically cash which you are throwing away. Makes meh sad :(.

EDIT: Quote fail. My thoughts on mining though :P.

disturbeda.png