Runescapes Rarest 99's (as of November 1, 12:01 am)

Vulxai

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously thought that alot more would have 99 firemaking, as many see it as a "nooby" and fast skill to get. Altough when you look at this, there aren't TOO many who have it, compared to fletching and strenght. And I also expected slayer to be more rare than it is :mellow:

Don_XiliFied.png

31640 to achieve 99 Firemaking on 30/10-09

XiliFied.png

Thanks Zokot for the amazing sig! Visit my Rc-blog and leave a post:)

Nice list. No surprises really. Expecting Summoning to further fall down the ranks eventually maybe even out of the top 10. Couldn't help noticing i have 5 out of the 8 rarest ones :D

Just to show how many people have 99hp cape and how fast it is rising. When I was around 91HP, I was ranked 40k. As I trained it, I kept very close to 40k, and upon reaching 99, I think I was ranked 41k. Now I have no idea what I am, but I would guess 45k+

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Slayer quite surprised me. At an average of 20k-30k per hour, i would think it would be a close race between rc and slayer. But I guess more people are mindlessly cannoning every task to save time for a little extra exp, or everyone just wants that sexy black cape. Eh, that sort of ruined the prestige of the cape in my opinion.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Slayer quite surprised me. At an average of 20k-30k per hour, i would think it would be a close race between rc and slayer. But I guess more people are mindlessly cannoning every task to save time for a little extra exp, or everyone just wants that sexy black cape. Eh, that sort of ruined the prestige of the cape in my opinion.

Don't forgot those level 18's with full dragon and untrimmed slayer from soul wars =|

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Fishing had less then 4k people at 99 2 years ago...

At this rate, fishing will be at 100k in 2.8 or so years. =p

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

None of these surprise me because I was already aware of the rankings. I notice summoning has moved up since last I checked; good to see more people training it. Out of all the 99 skills you can get, summoning is definitely the most useful.

I expect woodcutting to become more common because of the lame new training methods. I expect mining and fishing to become more common as well because of the awesome new training methods.

It's interesting to note that strength has more skillcapes than the two fastest skills, cooking and thieving, combined.

None of these surprise me because I was already aware of the rankings. I notice summoning has moved up since last I checked; good to see more people training it. Out of all the 99 skills you can get, summoning is definitely the most useful.

I expect woodcutting to become more common because of the lame new training methods. I expect mining and fishing to become more common as well because of the awesome new training methods.

It's interesting to note that strength has more skillcapes than the two fastest skills, cooking and thieving, combined.

I'm not surprised about strength. It's the oldest skill and in contrary to cooking and fletching it hs got a use. On top of that, you have the strength obsession which most combat people have and you get a results that's perfectly logical.

proud to have the third rarest skill cape, which i got on a whim when i had too much money. on a whim, and nothing more.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Although I'm quite surprised about Runecrafting being the rarest 99 (seeing it's F2P), what surprises even more is the ranks.

Come on, is it really THAT hard to get 30+ Runecrafting? Only 1.3m people are 30 RC and above, and it's not even the latest skill out yet, and it's not members only.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I expected FireMaking to be lower down. since everyone always goes on about FM being a cheat, easy, noob, etc. skill i really didnt expect it to be more rare than all of the Melee skills and HP.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

pay careful attention to mining. by the end of the year, it will be ranked 10th. mining has already gotten like another 500-600 "99ers" since the noob mines came out

con is 2nd because without hammers its really expensive (maybe 120m?) and not many people want to sit through endless hours of SC for the hammers.

You need to get over yourself, seriously. You're not impressing anyone, and you'd expect to get "respect" for having 99 mining, but you threw chances of that out the window when you started training it. Mining has gotten another 600 people that too, trained a useless skill for a cape, since the mines that made the skill somewhat bearable.

Construction's 2nd because it's useless, really. How often will you hold a "house party" to show off? Only party most people will throw is getting a 99. And you can only do that so many times. It's pointless, and "rare". As was herblore useless after level 84 up until recently.

I'm not entirely surprised to see these numbers, however, Strength I didn't expect to be that high.

But just because it's most common, shouldn't degrade what it takes to actually get it. And the fact it's one of the most useful skills considering to train pretty much any melee stat effectively, you'll aim to have high strength so you can do so with hitting high numbers. It's the skill most pures train, for obvious reasons, and it's F2p.

Firemaking's low simply because of how it's rather pointless to train past 92 (92 for the Adze). That, and it's incredibly time consuming unless you have brawlers with magic logs. Most repetitive skill, I'd say. (Personally..)

I doubt mining will get over 10. The new updates just brang a new place to train that gives better xp for banking ores, not for powermining. Powermining is still the fastest way to get mining up. It'll stay in the lower 10 for at least another 2 years imo. :D

pay careful attention to mining. by the end of the year, it will be ranked 10th. mining has already gotten like another 500-600 "99ers" since the noob mines came out

con is 2nd because without hammers its really expensive (maybe 120m?) and not many people want to sit through endless hours of SC for the hammers.

You need to get over yourself, seriously. You're not impressing anyone, and you'd expect to get "respect" for having 99 mining, but you threw chances of that out the window when you started training it. Mining has gotten another 600 people that too, trained a useless skill for a cape, since the mines that made the skill somewhat bearable.

Construction's 2nd because it's useless, really. How often will you hold a "house party" to show off? Only party most people will throw is getting a 99. And you can only do that so many times. It's pointless, and "rare". As was herblore useless after level 84 up until recently.

I'm not entirely surprised to see these numbers, however, Strength I didn't expect to be that high.

But just because it's most common, shouldn't degrade what it takes to actually get it. And the fact it's one of the most useful skills considering to train pretty much any melee stat effectively, you'll aim to have high strength so you can do so with hitting high numbers. It's the skill most pures train, for obvious reasons, and it's F2p.

Firemaking's low simply because of how it's rather pointless to train past 92 (92 for the Adze). That, and it's incredibly time consuming unless you have brawlers with magic logs. Most repetitive skill, I'd say. (Personally..)

I doubt mining will get over 10. The new updates just brang a new place to train that gives better xp for banking ores, not for powermining. Powermining is still the fastest way to get mining up. It'll stay in the lower 10 for at least another 2 years imo. :D

You are not taking into account the fact that there are many players that hate powertraining and have started mining the casual afk-way. Probably top 10 for the next two years, but I kinda doubt it.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Amg, I have one of the rarest SKILL CAPES!@!@!@!@! I WIN AT EVERYTHING!@!@!@

:-s

hmm, wouldn't you be proud if you had the rarest skillcape that can make you lots of money?

I don't think WoodenFruit was mocking anyone, merely enthusiastically highlighting his/her 99 herby achievement :)

I was just emphasising the fact that everyone seems to care too much about skillcapes these days. Which cape is the rarest, which cape is most common, which skillcape they're striving for next. It's just... :blink:

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

You get a few more 99s along the way to 99 slay. So it's more like training many skills at a slower rate which adds up to a nice ammount in total.

[404] Signature not found.

Although I'm quite surprised about Runecrafting being the rarest 99 (seeing it's F2P), what surprises even more is the ranks.

Come on, is it really THAT hard to get 30+ Runecrafting? Only 1.3m people are 30 RC and above, and it's not even the latest skill out yet, and it's not members only.

I think runecrafting is so high up on the list because not to many people have enough patience to keep up leveling the skill. I don't think that it's f2p makes any impact on the rarity, it takes even longer in f2p to achieve higher runecrafting-levels than in members(altough the new rc-tabs from gop may be useful). And I think the extreme of 1,4m nature runes you have to craft for 99 scares most people of, it just takes to long time for some :? or am I right?

Don_XiliFied.png

31640 to achieve 99 Firemaking on 30/10-09

XiliFied.png

Thanks Zokot for the amazing sig! Visit my Rc-blog and leave a post:)

My personal opinion on this is that Runecrafting greatly emphasises the repetitiveness of the game. Although all skills are greatly repetitive in nature in Runescape, Runecrafting is one of the few that the majority of people identify as being such without much thought. Others have ways of detracting attention from their repetitive nature.

Runecrafting of-course does this by running the same path repeatedly, over and over again. From discussions I've had with people it could also be that this repetition involves more focus too. Running paths requires more clicks and attention than clicking Cut-All for Fletching for example.

Given that theory; it's natural for people to get impatient with repetitive things and unless you can find something in particular to improvise and enjoy the skill - many are going to fall away from training it. :)