Runescapes Rarest 99's (as of November 1, 12:01 am)

Vulxai

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slayer quite surprised me. At an average of 20k-30k per hour, i would think it would be a close race between rc and slayer. But I guess more people are mindlessly cannoning every task to save time for a little extra exp, or everyone just wants that sexy black cape. Eh, that sort of ruined the prestige of the cape in my opinion.

Nah not really its just people generally enjoy Slayer alot more despite the speed, it has variety. I know many people who have just combat/slayer 99s, I prefer RC but people tend to think thats more mind numbing.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

My personal opinion on this is that Runecrafting greatly emphasises the repetitiveness of the game. Although all skills are greatly repetitive in nature in Runescape, Runecrafting is one of the few that the majority of people identify as being such without much thought. Others have ways of detracting attention from their repetitive nature.

Runecrafting of-course does this by running the same path repeatedly, over and over again. From discussions I've had with people it could also be that this repetition involves more focus too. Running paths requires more clicks and attention than clicking Cut-All for Fletching for example.

Given that theory; it's natural for people to get impatient with repetitive things and unless you can find something in particular to improvise and enjoy the skill - many are going to fall away from training it. :)

I don't get impatient with it that much. In fact, Runecrafting is currently my favorite skill.

Running back and forth of a bank... other skills are like that too. Crafting, Smithing, and Cooking, just to name a few.

I guess people do not like the slow exp rates of Runecrafting then. :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

My personal opinion on this is that Runecrafting greatly emphasises the repetitiveness of the game. Although all skills are greatly repetitive in nature in Runescape, Runecrafting is one of the few that the majority of people identify as being such without much thought. Others have ways of detracting attention from their repetitive nature.

Runecrafting of-course does this by running the same path repeatedly, over and over again. From discussions I've had with people it could also be that this repetition involves more focus too. Running paths requires more clicks and attention than clicking Cut-All for Fletching for example.

Given that theory; it's natural for people to get impatient with repetitive things and unless you can find something in particular to improvise and enjoy the skill - many are going to fall away from training it. :)

I don't get impatient with it that much. In fact, Runecrafting is currently my favorite skill.

Running back and forth of a bank... other skills are like that too. Crafting, Smithing, and Cooking, just to name a few.

I guess people do not like the slow exp rates of Runecrafting then. :mellow:

It's alright in P2P when you can get 40k or so xp per hour with not so profitable methods (ZMI and binded runes), but then you reach 90s where you need hundreds of thousands of xp and you realize, holy crap, this is gonna be painful.

Dare589.gif

Clickie the signature image for me blog.

Vox populi, vox dei.

im sad, attack is so common...

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

Changes over time (dating back roughly 2 years):

combatq.png

noncombat.png

newstats.png

Note: all data collected and collated by me. If for any reason you wish to recreate these images anywhere please acknowledge this.

I have all the individual stat data too so just ask if you want it. I don't come on Tip.it very often though so it's probably best to pm me in game as well as on here. :)

Looks like not much has been happening?

Well take a look at this. Here are the % iincreases in each stat ranked from most to least between the first and last data set (summon excluded):

1. Slayer 921.4%

2. Farming 816.5%

3. Construction 783.2%

4. Herblore 748.3%

5. Hunter 574.5%

6. Firemaking 536.6%

7. Smithing 527.5%

8. Runecraft 521.0%

9. Firemaking 483.0%

10. Agility 459.3%

11. Fishing 416.5%

12. Ranged 392.2%

13. Mining 368.4%

14. Magic 347.0%

15. Woodcutting 329.0

16. Thieving 317.7

17. Hitpoiints 297.7

18. Strength 289.3%

19. Prayer 283.1%

20. Defence 274.8%

21. Attack 216.3%

22. Cooking 210.6%

23. Fletching 198.0%

@ plqx

Those are the most interesting charts I've seen in a while on these boards. Great job!

If you could make some charts giving us the number of players getting 99 per month (instead of the cumulative one you made), it would give us a clearer idea when skills get obvious boosts from updates or simply trends in the community.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

@plqx

Those graphs are real good. It's clear to see summoning doesn't deserve to be number 3, and over time it'll drop pretty fast.

Seems rc and con are pretty closely matched. According to the graph they'll stay close for a while, however I believe with the vast ways to make money all too quickly, rc will pull away from con and hold a definete first spot, by a fair margin.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

@ plqx

Those are the most interesting charts I've seen in a while on these boards. Great job!

If you could make some charts giving us the number of players getting 99 per month (instead of the cumulative one you made), it would give us a clearer idea when skills get obvious boosts from updates or simply trends in the community.

I can't do that as I don't have data at exactly monthly intervals (the figures on the x axis were put in by excel and are not the dates I have figures for) - the actual time gap between the bits of data varies from 3 weeks to 3 months.

However I could calculate the average number per day between each data set and do a graph of that, which would show roughly the same thing. Would you like that?

@ plqx

I can't do that as I don't have data at exactly monthly intervals (the figures on the x axis were put in by excel and are not the dates I have figures for) - the actual time gap between the bits of data varies from 3 weeks to 3 months.

However I could calculate the average number per day between each data set and do a graph of that, which would show roughly the same thing. Would you like that?

I think it would be interesting to see the graphs laid out by how common each skillcape is, as opposed to the order they appear in the skill interface.

Now why does any of this matter? 99 strength still grants you the ability to hit extremely high numbers, regardless of how many people have it.

Maybe some people are just curious about it?

Before I thought there were more 99 woodcutting capes than 99 strength. I guess my thoughts were wrong :blink:

[hide=Accomplishments]65 Fishing (Swordfish gloves) - July 29, 2009

Rune Defender - August 15, 2009

My Dream Armor(P2P) - August 18, 2009

Slayer Helmet - September 19, 2009

75 Attack (Ability to Wield GS) - October 17, 2009

100 posts in Tip.It Forum - October 25, 2009

80 Strength - December 12, 2009[/hide]

[hide=F2P/P2P Stats and Goals]Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png[/hide]

"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they can make up their minds."

-Wilt Chamberlain

1. Runecrafting 2,671

Kinda surprised at this considering if you sell the runes you make you can gain a good sum of money. I thought construction, slayer, or summoning would be first.

15. Firemaking 32,047

Definitely thought this would be one of the top three most common 99s.

23. Cooking 90,900

24. Strength 107,733

I was sure cooking would be the most gained. Granted, I do see a lot of strength capes, but it seems like cooking capes are much more common.

1. Runecrafting 2,671

Kinda surprised at this considering if you sell the runes you make you can gain a good sum of money. I thought construction, slayer, or summoning would be first.

15. Firemaking 32,047

Definitely thought this would be one of the top three most common 99s.

23. Cooking 90,900

24. Strength 107,733

I was sure cooking would be the most gained. Granted, I do see a lot of strength capes, but it seems like cooking capes are much more common.

depends where you hang out, try a bh world if you want to see str capes galore lol

nice find plqx!

What update could have made people long for 99 str last summer?

Or maybe it was the godswords and SS stabilising and being available at reasonable prices...

I'm expecting attack to reach rank 2 in the next 1-1.5 year.

Can someone pinpoint the release date of armored zombies...?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

All 99s are hard to get but I was surprised by herblore because you can reasonably get the stuff to progress. Construction is not a surprise because it is really costly. The combat skills are somewhat of a surprise because it seems to be a measure of "how good" a player you are. Thanks for the list. I like rc so maybe I will make it my next goal.

Fuu, so stregnht is the most common ? That means RS players loves pking the best :)

BTW my mining lv is 99 :thumbsup:

If the number of people with 99 strength reflects the popularity of pvp then that means that everything every pker has ever said is wrong - as the starts of the big increases coincide nicely with just about everything pkers dislike. I would instead suggest another cause - summoning. Lots of people started killing stuff for charms, which boosted their combat stats. Slayer also saw a huge (!) boost around the same time.

All 99s are hard to get but I was surprised by herblore because you can reasonably get the stuff to progress. Construction is not a surprise because it is really costly. The combat skills are somewhat of a surprise because it seems to be a measure of "how good" a player you are. Thanks for the list. I like rc so maybe I will make it my next goal.

Herblore costs a LOT more than construction at the moment :P