09-Nov-2009 - Champions� Challenge Update and Hairstyles

Toad

It seems Champion Challengers can now also get a Barrier Carrier Imp to show off their completed challenges. The Imp will follow you around and you can specify which banner to show.

[spoiler=Imp Picture]bannercarrier.png

Edit: Beat me to it! :)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've added a confirmation when casting High Alchemy on items with a Grand Exchange value of 500,000gp or higher. This should prevent the accidental alching of those expensive items.

[bleep]ing Bastards....Couldn't they have added this a week and a half ago. Pure [cabbage] -.-

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

It seems Champion Challengers can now also get a Barrier Carrier Imp to show off their completed challenges. The Imp will follow you around and you can specify which banner to show.

[spoiler=Imp Picture]bannercarrier.png

Edit: Beat me to it! :)

You have 7 *Jealous*

The mystery figures are the Champions of Champions. They only challenge you after you have defeated a certain amount of scrolls. The three new races aren't any of them.

- Mod Maylea -

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Kinda very nice updates. I was excited by the title but the new content isnt really much of an improvement. Atleast theres kinda a way to show your reward too. o_0

Everything else is great I think. Except one thing.

Slayer Masters have now been given a right-click Get-task option to speed things up a bit. You can also find out how many more kills you need with a right-click option on enchanted gems, which will even work if you are currently in combat. Finally, gargoyles have a new Smash option when they're near death to allow you to more easily finish them off with a rock hammer.

Did they forget they released slayer rings? I rather it was on the ring itself. I carry a ring around not a gem.. If I was able to use this feature it would be great. Not for an extra inventory space/replace ring for the gem though.

Also I really hope they make 2000 skill total worlds. I dont expect more than that since it is a dedicated server. Either way im not impressed by 1000. Try 1500 atleast. I got a new friend (In rs that is) who only started couple months ago and she is nearly 1000 already. 1500 is a bit more worth while if your going to bother making such worlds.

I think the max in F2P is 1496... Or something like that, not too sure about the number. Either way, 1500 total free world would be pointless, only members and ex-members could enter that.

Removed the follower restrictions on magic carpet, canoe and balloon journeys.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I really like the in other news... this week, awesome updates that are actually useful in day-to-day gameplay. :thumbup:

haha I totaly agree I like the other news better than the main.

39042685.jpg

"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."

New challenges: Challenge scroll

New worlds: +1000 total worlds

New items: Eyes of newt, bird meat, vials packs (This counts as new??)

New news: Extensive patch notes

Apparently they were telling the truth on their twitter

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

bragging about a song? When there's no visable proof in-game of that? Goody-goody...

Anyways, it seems to be a nice set of small updates. Nice!

you can brag about the song with the banner. Although it'd be nicer if we could have a music cape or something to prove we've unlocked all songs. And there's also a new song for people to unlock, on the upper floors of lumby castle. :lol:

Bad update in my opinion, we wait 2 weeks since our last game update for some hair styles and to fight a leprechaun in a fist fight?

Sure some of it is nice like the skiller worlds, shop updates, magic and high alch update and a few more are good. Aside from that the rest of it is terrible.

xxteargodxx.png

The imp follower actually looks pretty badass. O.o

How do you summon them? Can you stick them in your POH like pets?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

You have 7 *Jealous*

That was someone at the Grand Exchange actually, unfortunately not mine! :)

The imp follower actually looks pretty badass. O.o

How do you summon them? Can you stick them in your POH like pets?

You will also be pointed in the direction of Larxus, who has 'calling beads' for anyone who defeats a champion. When used, these beads will summon a banner carrier imp, a loyal follower who displays your Champions' Challenge accomplishments. There are banners for every champion or Champion of Champions, so you can boast about any that you have defeated, or you can simply show off the number of champions you have felled. To change your banner, talk to the imp or right-click and select 'Change-banner'.

Taken from the Runescape Knowledge-Base Article here: Champion's Challenge

Kinda very nice updates. I was excited by the title but the new content isnt really much of an improvement. Atleast theres kinda a way to show your reward too. o_0

Everything else is great I think. Except one thing.

Slayer Masters have now been given a right-click Get-task option to speed things up a bit. You can also find out how many more kills you need with a right-click option on enchanted gems, which will even work if you are currently in combat. Finally, gargoyles have a new Smash option when they're near death to allow you to more easily finish them off with a rock hammer.

Did they forget they released slayer rings? I rather it was on the ring itself. I carry a ring around not a gem.. If I was able to use this feature it would be great. Not for an extra inventory space/replace ring for the gem though.

Also I really hope they make 2000 skill total worlds. I dont expect more than that since it is a dedicated server. Either way im not impressed by 1000. Try 1500 atleast. I got a new friend (In rs that is) who only started couple months ago and she is nearly 1000 already. 1500 is a bit more worth while if your going to bother making such worlds.

I think the max in F2P is 1496... Or something like that, not too sure about the number. Either way, 1500 total free world would be pointless, only members and ex-members could enter that.

1485 is the max f2p total but there are quite a large number of ex-mem. Im one ex-mem who wouldnt mind 1500+ worlds and i find it ennoying when noobs come to you and ask you stupid things.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Hmm, there's no more space available on the walls for additional banners (I have 9 banners, and there's only space for one more - the Skeleton banner, in my case). Also, defeating the Leprechaun Champion does not unlock another banner, nor is there an option for the imp follower to display one for defeating it.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Look to the side rien, theres 3 rolled up scrolls.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. :oops:

Well, it seems that defeating the Leprechaun champion still won't unlock a banner, at least. Also, the champion scrolls have had a graphical update (but don't look quite as good, in my opinion).

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png